Do people still think weed is less bad than booze?

Do people still think weed is less bad than booze?
I completely understand why alcohol is legal and weed is not (in some place)
With alcohol you can just enjoy it for what it is, without getting drunk. Maybe a
buzz but nothing crazy. But with weed there is no "buzz" well maybe there is
but even when i take a hit, you feel it a lot more than one serving of scotch or
something. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8
youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
youtube.com/watch?v=KYAmt9WRoNo
youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZmWeY2d0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally the same

B8

The possibilities are as follows:
1. Underage
2. Cringey faggot that has hardly ever smoked/drank anyways
3. Troll

So, which one are you OP?

naw just honestly curious
if it helps the legitimacy i
prefer getting high to drunk
Though im drunk right now lol

You can't overdose on weed
You can't get addicted to weed. Yes it can become a habit, just like masturbation, but you can't get chemically addicted to it like you can with alcohol. Even if you made the biggest stoner go cold turkey they aren't going to feel ill and get the shakes if you take alcohol from an alcoholic.
Nobody gets stoned and beats their wife/kids
Weed doesn't destroy your liver. Yes smoking is not good for your lungs, but that's why people vape.

Um, no? I can take two shots of liquor and still be fine. I can smoke two bowls back to back and I'll still be fine. But If I do three shots back to back I'm outta order as far as find motor skills go. That's no more driving, drawing, even playing most games. No such point like that with weed

guns dont kill people people kill people

same goes for alcohol.

youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8

Even with no tolerance to the weed?

For me i always a little weed fucks me up for than a little booze.

You sound like a 14 year old typing up their first "Why Weed Should Be Legal" essay.

How cute.

Yeah except alcohol is like a real gun. Safe when used responsibly (I love having a few beers or a good wine) that can still do harm if mishandled. Meanwhile weed is a nerf gun that you have to be a fucking retard to hurt yourself with.

I don't hate alcohol. I just think weed is far more safe. Especially vaping. If you vape there is virtually zero health risk with weed. Vaping bypasses all the cancer causing smoke and lung damage.

haha great video, but is it cheaper than alcohol? I've never bought some myself.

Lol weed gives you panic attacks and slows your reaction time. It may not be as deadly but most potheads can barely handle life sober and really usually end up working minium wage jobs. Hate all you want but its true. You can smoke and be fine. You cna drink and be fine. But being dependant on either makes you fucked.

i agree and i like that analogy
but wouldn't you say it's easier
to enjoy a little alcohol than a little
weed. i feel like a little weed get you
a lot higher than a little alcohol.

I can get high more times on $60 worth of weed than I can with $60 worth of beer.

Maybe if you buy shit tier Vodka you can consider alcohol cheaper. But if you are drinking decent beer or liquor I think weed is cheaper.

To add to this i knew a dude who was working constriction and cut off part of his hand but couldnt get workers comp because he was high as shit. But yeah no one has ever fucked up thete life with weed.

Okay and is that from a dealer or the club?

>Lol weed gives you panic attacks

Biochemistry fag here

Speak for yourself. Been getting high for 15 years and never had a panic attack. Panic attacks are often caused by low blood oxygen levels. It causes your body to think you are drowning or suffocating at the chemical level. Smoke has virtually zero oxygen in it since it is the byprodut of flame that consumes the oxygen.

It's not the weed that causes the panic attack, it is the smoke. And that is in people who are predisposed to panic attacks.

Sodium Lactate can be used to cause artificial panic attacks. It raises the acidity of your blood which stimulates the panic attack. High CO2 levels also raise the acidity. Smoke is full of CO2.

TLDR: It's a panic response form your body thinking you can't breathe, not the drug. Same can happen with cigarettes to people who are prone to it.

I have never and will never smoke "weed". But I do know of people that do. Recently at a party one of these people I know did a drug called "edibles" that I guess is marijuana in a form that can be eaten. They went so insane that the police had to be called. I do not consume alcohol myself. I have known people that do both marijuana and alcohol for fun and I have never heard of alcohol causing a person to go insane. So, I think alcohol is safer, but it seems like the safest thing is not to do drugs at all?

So smoke less weed. You can get a little 1 hitter pipe and load a tiny pinch at a time. You don't have to smoke a fat bowl or a joint.

What about the paranoia?

Dealer. I've never bought weed from a club. Anything at a club is going to have seriously inflated prices.

that's what i heard, thanks.

An alcohol walks into a bar.

It is a weed bar. He fall.

That's also an individual basis. I used to get paranoid when I was in high school but that was because I secretly thought I was going to get in trouble or caught. Which I did a few times and my parents got pissed.

I noticed once I got to college and could chill comfortably on my own couch in my own apartment/house I had zero paranoia. Honestly I think I was just afraid of getting busted by my parents when it made me paranoid.

Just a note: I don't believe the human body was meant to inhale hot air.

I know it gets ridiculously hot in the desert, but that's still different than inhaling vaporized marijuana. It's bound to do something to your lungs. If the research hasn't been done, then there's no way to prove, either way, that it's safe or unsafe.

So the weed prob just enhanced the feeling then.

Vape def gets rid of the tar though. So safe? who knows, But definitely less bad.

First hand experience is not needed for judgment faggot.

Do your research and you will find that cannabis is healthy. The US government has a patent that corroborates these data. It stops seizures. It kills cancer. It fights crohn's and other diseases.

The reason alcohol feels less potent than 1 drink compared to one hit of marijuana is because with alcohol you are poisoning yourself by a small amount. You are a fraction less capable of doing ordinary things after one drink, including susceptibility to infection.

With one hit of weed your metabolism quickens, your brain needs more oxygen and glucose, as well as homeostasis of all cells is affected. Even though you may feel lazy and lethargic after weed, it is because your body is playing catch-up with food in the digestive system, synaptic optimization, maybe even micro-sleep. If you smoke often, you will find that you don't really feel tired or slow after smoking. This is because your body is done playing catch-up.

Alcohol has the opposite effect. You have hangovers because your body is still slowly removing POISON from your cells and organs.

TL;DR

Weed = Healthy

Alcohol = Poison

Agreed.

Three shots* because you're a pussy

So true, weed fights cancer too. Look up Steve Kubby. He has had terminal cancer that would kill him within a month for more than 20 years. A joint a day keeps him alive and doctors can't explain why, but it works. It just goes to show that science can't explain everything.

OP, KYS.

>literally
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

>not to do drugs at all?
lol

look- i'll pay a lil extra to allow some people to devote their lives to cannabis and get a thc percentage

its fairly simple it comes down to potency while 1 floz of alcohol contains 10-14 grams of pure alcohol and lets say 4-10 drinks to get "drunk" depending on tolerance, while cannabis has upto 30% THC content and the minimum threshold for intoxication is much lower due to potency as well as the delivery system

Wow wish i was smoking weed right now instead of getting shit faced. But how good can weed be for you if it messes with your psychology.
Iv'e never tried learning while high but doesn't it make it hard to retain information. I've' tried reading while high and i know you can barely
remember shit the next day. You say it's healthy, but wouldn't being sober be better? And if so how healthy can i t really be.

>while cannabis has upto 30% THC content
Where you gettin' yo buds man?
I live in a cannabis haven, and smoke 20%+ all fuckin' day, but I haven't seen it get to 30%...

well edibles hit hard. I don't think it's fair to blame the substance, instead blame the person and their ignorance.

weed just makes me sleepy

getting drunk is far more fun and the feel is better than high

one of those two is a literal poison for you.

really? alcohol sedates the shit out of me. I could never understand the party culture of it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

>can't explain why
Must be the weed. LMAO

Pro tip: they both suck if you do a lot, often.

often needed for a correct one, though

But knowing what you are talking about is needed.

Well shouldn't that be a person's individual choice? Being sober is better than being drunk, and alcohol is legal.

This

Moderation is the key. I think people who drink too much and smoke to much are losers.

yes it should. both should be legal shoulda put that in original post.

Administration to lungs is more potent and more quick. You are capable of adjusting how much weed you take in, just breathe less in.

everything in moderation
including moderation

mmm titration dosing

>titration dosing
I know right? I don't get why people inexperienced with weed think a 'hit' however large they think that is, is somehow like the minimum they have to take in and then they get uncomfortably high every time and it never occurs to them that they could just do less.

but is it possible for the effect to be really subtle? At that point wouldn't you just be dosing yourself
instead of enjoying the weed. See, it's possible to enjoy some alcohol and you might feel a bit but it's
subtle even at a stronger buzz. But with weed there is no enjoying the weed. The enjoyment comes
from the high.

>when I take a hit, you feel it
thats the problem. youre projecting.

Lsd is better than either.

wrong i wasn't. I was comparing a hit to a shot or serving or whatever the fuck it is.

Subtle is definitely possible with control, and if you don't want to be that careful you can always make weak edibles or mix with some tobacco or something.

I have muscle spasms in my chest wall because I have MS. I barely smoke. Sometimes I get stupid high and sometimes I just want my chest to not hurt when I breathe. Just take in a half hit or something.

Checked and /threaded

You just aren't able to get high enough. All the enjoyment comes from the weed and newbs can't really appreciate it because they freak out. If it was just the high we'd all use the cheapest dirt mids available to make edibles and extracts and try to avoid the consumption all together. You look at it too much like a drug. We smoke because enjoying the weed is the experience. The flavor, the way it smokes, what piece you're using and then yes also the high but that part is intertwined with it. There's much more to it than just being high or buzzed on a fixed dose.

in my opinion.. one beer, one joint. and im good to go

pretty sure ive seen people get withdrawal type symptoms from trying to give up a big weed habit

weed is cooler and healthier
but alcohol leads to a better altered state of consciousness to me
dont overuse though
also, beer sucks, go wine

My GF is that way. Says she wants to smoke. Keeps taking hits. I warn her she is going to get too high. She gets annoyed and acts like "don't tell me what to do". 15 minutes later she is too high and acting all paranoid and being a debbie downer.

>Do people still think weed is less bad than booze?
Weed is better on the wallet than booze is.

No you haven't, you've seen dummiea who think they need weed bitch out about being sober but not true withdrawal

Yeah it's a thing contrary to popular opinion. But in fairness it really isn't a big thing for 99% of everyone. There are addicts out there with a real problem, they exist, but it isn't the most usual experience. I used to smoke every day, a lot, and I pretty much gave it up and now only smoke twice a month about unless I'm hurting. It was mildly uncomfortable for a week and then tapered off.

This, wine is best. Plus once you aquire a taste for it and learn about it you can really start to enjoy it.

It's also nice to know what you are doing when you order wine at a nice restaurant. You get to act like a pretentious faggot and impress the ladies.

so a tolerance is need to enjoy the actual weed. But with alcohol no tolerance is need

i don't appreciate deadbeat stoners trying to lecture me about their lifestyles

at least drunkards are aware of their status on the social ladder

>Yeah it's a thing contrary to popular opinion

No it isn't. There is no medical evidence to back up a real physiological addiction to weed. Not like alcohol or opiates. You get physically sick if you are addicted to alcohol or opiates and you just stop taking it.

With weed you are just bummed out you don't have any weed at the very worst. It isn't even in the same ballpark as real alcohol or opiate addiction. Opiate and alcohol addicts literally NEED it to function normally.

You're retarded and should take yourself out of the gene pool.

>pretentious faggot and impress the ladies.
Fckin kek

It can increase the chance of psychosis along with having the users psychotic episode happen at a sooner date. It is a psychoactive drug that affects the brain, it should be looked at seriously even if it doesn't causes cancer or corrosion to other organs. Its effects are much different like alcohol and tobaccos effects on the body are different.

Give stoners a place on the social ladder, right now were persecuted and outcast.

>give
no, earn it

see, weed is way worse. Makes you easily irritable and incapable of acting normal. :)

This, I had a friend who went to rehab for opiate addiction a couple years ago and he had to quit cold turkey.

I talked about it to him later and he was like
"Dude, that scene from Trainspotting isn't even as bad as it really was."

this is the scene I'm talking about:
In case you haven't seen the movie, his parents are locking him in his childhood bedroom until he has kicked his heroin addiction.
youtube.com/watch?v=KYAmt9WRoNo

Did you get this information fakt machine.
>weed withdrawls from weed addiction

Op is obvious bait and so are you poof

Outcast? it's a fcking trend to be a stoner lmao.

Or you lose sleep. Some people don't want to eat anything and feel sick. You can get some really unpleasant headaches. It's not like any of that is made up.

Yeah it's not equivalent to heroin but what is your point? It is still a form of withdrawal even if you won't die.

Yeah, if you are a little bitch.

video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZmWeY2d0U

No bait just wanted to hear from people, but your free to leave my child.

Hey, if you don't believe marijuana addiction is a thing, go ahead and visit a rehab clinic. Yeah most of them are there because a court ordered them to be and that's just total bullshit, but there are a few there who have got a real compulsive problem.

That's the great thing about judgement. It still feels good when you have no clue what you're talking about.

yea but you can experience something and still be a stupid fuck.

I like the song. Very good, nothing about legality of alcohol or weed.

Dude it doesnt even count as withdrawal, shut the fuck up. Quitting weed is like quitting cigarettes, you just get pissy and wanna smoke

I wasnt able to confirm it.
Was the, Pot is Fuckin Great song?
If so, I think it has as good information as anyone else in this thread.
It kind of just lays it out

except nobody loses their jobs over cigarettes. Nobody tries to bury their problems in nicotine in the same way the comforting embrace of the Anandamide-like memory fog THC can provide if you smoke all day every day.

>who have got a real compulsive problem

They are people with addictive personalities who chose weed to be their addiction. They aren't addicted to it on a chemical level in any sense of the imagination like you get addicted to alcohol, opiates, coke etc.

There are also people who are addicted to masturbation or video games. It's people with those sort of personalities that get "addicted to weed".

Weed isn't any more of an addictive substance than World of Warcraft is. Yet people still play World of Warcraft to the point they forget to feed their babies and the kid dies in the crib.

That doesn't mean World of Warcraft is addictive.

idk im drunk

If alcohol was like wees then we would be throwing it around in peoples faces as we drank it.

Even just walking by someone smoking weed gets it in your system

snickefritz get

holy shit bro- how bad are you at math?
molecular diffusion isn't that difficult to compute...

>2016
>people still pretend alcohol is healthier and safer than alcohol
>people still pretend weed doesnt have positive effects on certain diseases (MS/cancer/spasm generl)
> people still dont get that alcohol is actually POISON for your body
>people still pretend that retarded potheads who just abuse weed because they are mentally weak like EVERY addict are a represantive fact and act like its unusual that humans are abusing shit generally since civilization was founded, well then i guess everything causing addictions should be banned (masturbation/coffee/sugar/music/almost all drugs/sleeping/internet/games/movies,.....)
> smh its just sad that people still believe that weed is dangerous, addictive persons will always find a way to fill their gap

I never said it was dangerous.

nobody suggested prohibition of anything just because they state the fact that weed can be addictive even if only to these addictive personalities you speak of.

As you pointed out, lots of things are addictive, and it isn't logical to ban pot any more than banning other things. It is illogical to criminalize use of anything, actually. Even if there are addicts the only thing you do to them is criminalize their health problem which doesn't help them get better and actually makes their problems worse.