>dean blunt
>talented
pic one

tists

MF DOOM

I hate you, btw

"muh concepts"

tists

Yeah, but he's British. Hardly black desu.

so because I'm not from America I'm not black?

Fuck off

dean???

Yes. Black artists is quite unique to their diaspora in North America. It's completely different to the diaspora in the United Kingdom.

he's right, dean's even admitted to this, he's still black tho.

Obviously he's still black but I don't think you can really even compare the two cultures. That's what I meant by hardly black, since black artists and black culture is more centralized to North America.

> Associating someone's physical skin colour with a culture presupposed by society.
I get it, you support trump.

he's black, your stereotypes that black people have a certain culture is part of the problem.
he's physically black as you physically might have brown/blonde hair.

quit threatening his safe space u guys

that's not what he's trying to say, I hope

I think he means North American "Black" culture varies widly from other places, it makes sense there's more than one type of black culture if black people live in more than one place

>Associating someone's physical skin colour with a culture presupposed by society.
Ummmm, where the hell did you get that from? Yes, ethnic groups have cultures. And...?

>I get it, you support trump.
The last person I would advocate to lead the most powerful nation on earth is a foul-mouthed oompa loompa.

>your stereotypes that black people have a certain culture is part of the problem.
But all stereotypes have some truth to them, user. Did I say all Black Americans or Canadians share one culture? No, don't put words into my mouth. I was merely talking about a large culture that stems from the black community of North America. You have to be in denial to believe that to not be the case.

Alright but to get back on topic dean blunt makes bad music, whether it's on purpose for his concepts or not, it's shit

Tell that to TinyMixTapes, Resident Advisor, and Marcel.

I would if I ever had the chance

I don't see how people think Future and mumble rap is trash (not that I like that shit don't get the wrong idea), but then turn around and say dean blunt is doing something unique with his music

>Babyfather has created this space for us. Detonating chests. Wrecking lungs. Popping veins. BBF may leave us with terrible cotton mouth, but the tap water tastes fucking amazing. It’s like liquid gold. And I feel it in my chest now.

please let this be Marcels faggot ass writing

should have known you can only get that quality of criticism from an A+ publication like TMT

fucking kek

>“BBF” Hosted by DJ Escrow is the plasticity and simultaneous realness of a rapper with a message, a crooner with a story, and a genius with a vision. The sonic atmosphere is also the eerie and cold display of a white backdrop, a single stock photo in a museum with nothing surrounding it, the grimy smell of London air, the E8 loneliness, the southside recollection, the drug dealer letting you know where to meet him at, the progressive build of a cultural evolution, the corporate emptiness of a controlled stylistic medium and its distribution, and its fully realized, polished, brilliant, and timeless narration of contemporary society. The lifestyle is right in front of you.

Tiger Woods isn't a musician OP

Kanye was right

Memes were wrong

you're assuming that i.e he doesn't act a certain way that's expected from him, therefore he isn't black or "as black" to someone who conforms to social norms expected of a man of colour.

Not remotely. I am saying he is not black in the dominant sense of the global (Western) culture. His music bleeds of Black British culture. I bet you don't even listen to Blunt then.

Actual black user reporting in.

Yes the general concept of black culture is rooted in North America. Blacks from other countries obviously are black in race, but the culture that most people perceive as "black" is from the U.S. Predominantly in places like New York City or Atlanta. Claiming these things do not exist is just ignorance.

Brit or American? Just curious as I've never met another black user on moo

I support OP's claim.

Stefan has transcended such petty categorizations as race or demographic, he's a idiosyncratic entity completely detactched of such labels

KANYE da GOD

But he's black anyway, right?

kys you fucking frogposter

Swedish

I only posted the frog to convey the attitude that I had as I was typing my post.

What the fuck does that mean?

No. Apparently, only the ones who act like stereotypical black people are actual black people. All the rest are people who trascended race.

True ignorance is expecting everyone of dark colour to participate in a region-specific expectation of what is to be black, and although yes, a lot of black people do fit the mould expected of them by a certain society, those who have not discriminated against by both white and blacks in society for "not really being black".

How do you not see this as a problem?

>taking straw mans to a whole new level

I love stefanposting

You can listen to someone without agreeing with every single thing they say, it's called having an opinion.

>Not understanding that there is a dominant "black culture" and hence saying an artist is "not really black" means they don't fit that mold. simple as that.

(you)

not bad user, a little basic but good variety

>pleb detected

this post right here should end all those nonsense but for some reason people itt are still not getting this

And who created that mould of expectation that all of a sudden every black artists has to follow
I'm 100% sure you don't listen to blunt if you think like this.

I like what I like, I can't really change that.
You shouldn't be on Sup Forums if you're under 18.

don't get me wrong I like pretty much every one of those artists/bands, I just know they're considered "pleb" here because they are all relatively popular

don't limit your enjoyment of music by what other's think are "pleb" musicians.
You'll end up sad and sadistic as they are.

>And who created that mould of expectation
It's called a culture, mate. Who do you think creates a dominant culture? Also, it's not expectation.

>that all of a sudden every black artists has to follow
No one said that.

>I'm 100% sure you don't listen to blunt if you think like this.
Except I do, for like 3 years now. He's great.

>all of a sudden every black artists has to follow
That's precisely the opposite of the point. You're a supreme tard.

>he's right, dean's even admitted to this

Source?

who the fuck said that

James Ferraro

this

Look up dean blunt black lives matter on youtube

how old is Dean Blunt?

There are no talented black architects

black argentinians?

See, say what you will about him and his taste but what I like about Fantano is he seems to be the only major critic who would never say anything like this. He always at least talks about the MUSIC first and foremost, and doesn't use his reviews as an excuse for some half ass philosophical journal entries.

Fantano couldn't talk philosophy even if he wanted to. That's why he sticks to Wikipedia-blurb tier music "analysis"