youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw
youtube.com/watch?v=TeXatquVqAc
youtube.com/watch?v=etfIdtm-OC8
youtube.com/watch?v=RAzzv6Ks9nc
youtube.com/watch?v=I7w9otyiE9g
youtube.com/watch?v=TXyFYNiV-9I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Money Trees senpai.

>Complimenting 50 cent in any way, shape or form.

Bait.

His first album was actually good and 'In da club' is a classic

arab money is so fucking bad
im not even an arab

many men is that anthem, man

DEFINITELY Bait.

>many men is that anthem, man
...What?

He's right though, In Da Club is a great example of the power of Dr. Dre's characteristic minimalist production style he demonstrated on 2001, crisp, sharp percussion and perfect mixing, and 50's confident yet relaxed delivery style, along with a highly quotable chorus in dominating the radio. The fact that the beat is so simple yet the song is so iconic merits praise; it's like the best cuts off 2001

...Ok I hate the album but that's a well thought out analysis.

Well played, user. Respect.

I just (personally) hate simple beats.

I guarantee that the hip hop beats you listen to are not much more complicated than In Da Club.

youtube.com/watch?v=FwI-a1LjpiA

I agree

At the VERY least they use better samples.

If you want I can show you my favorites.

>Work at a CPA firm doing high net worth individual tax planning and compliance
>Always throw on rap songs about money when I'm working on a return with 8 figures of income

Keep posting songs, I need to put together a playlist of tax season bangers.

Best beat ITT coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=MqPI6gsB5s8

youtube.com/watch?v=WrsfJHLx5YA

The pinnacle to any money hip hop playlist

what the fuck? get rich or die trying is a classic. so many good songs on that album.

youtube.com/watch?v=_COBLBnb5dc

You're probably too old for this board dude. That dude was probably a toddler when In Da Club came out.

Assuming that's not an insult, I can't say you're wrong.

fuck you kanye's 39 years old. asap rocky is like 27 or some shit.

That's cool. I really respect minimalist production; it takes creativity and talent to accomplish so much with so little. I also think it separates those who know how to make hits and those who don't; anyone can throw a bunch of elements together and make a beat that sounds complex at first glance, but for the best minimalist beats, every element is well-thought out and nothing is wasted. It shows a discerning ear, much like how in literature, someone who doesn't use excess vocabulary when they write has a discerning mind. Look at In Da Club. Every element is tailor-made to be a club single like the title suggests: the claps, the shakers, the booming bass, the loud synths, the uptempo guitar, Dre knew these would get people going, and they have for years and years now. All this shows experience to me, not necessarily laziness.

For a specific cut off 2001 that shows what I'm talking about, look at Still D.R.E: a beat that only has two piano chords repeating over and over, hard hitting drums in a simple pattern, and a bit of bass and strings here and there
went 5x Platinum and iirc, is Dre's most successful song, still remembered to this day, if the views on vevo and GTA 5's "west coast classics" track selection are anything to go by.
If you're talking about In Da Club, it has no samples. Also, Dre is famous for using live instrumentation on his beats, so he can play around with the tempo and mixing. It's part of the reason why his mixing is really good and why his beats age very well.

? I'm saying that In Da Club by 50 Cent came out when the anti-50 Cent commenter was a toddler.

for

I'll care as soon as you name something that came out 2003 or earlier.

>If you're talking about In Da Club, it has no samples.
Ah, I see. I feel like that could make or break it for a lot of hip hop fans.

>Dre is famous for using live instrumentation on his beats
Don't several other producers do that? I could be wrong, of course.

>why his beats age very well.
I personally never cared about how well beats age, I listen to plenty of music that sounds 'dated' per say and I still love it. Hell I prefer his production on 'The Chronic' over anything.

Who are your other favorites?

This

That is correct, I was a toddler at the time and I'm not gonna hide that

You tagged me again.

>name something that came out 2003 or earlier.
Name what? A producer? An album I like? The question seems a little vague.

Was expecting Paper Trail$

I was saying that all the beats you think are better came out long after, probably a decade or more.

>I was saying that all the beats you think are better came out long after, probably a decade or more
I won't say that's an unfair assessment. A few came before but for the most part it's around the same time period.

Well a sample could make or break a song depending on how it's used, but I don't think hip hop fans care very much about whether a song uses samples or not. As for if other producers use live instrumentation as well, then definitely yes, I just mentioned that as a way of showing that the beat is completely his. And for my favorites, nothing too interesting, mostly DJ Premier, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Kanye, Madlib, Havoc, Bomb Squad, Sir Jinx, No I.D, and L.E.S. off the top of my head.

Heh, you have a bigger list of favorites than me. I probably have a more basic list.

Q Tip, Just Blaze, Bink!, Kanye, Timbo, and MF DOOM are my top ones (mostly Blaze)

Compton is actually my favorite Dre project atm, for a few reasons
>clean and grandiose production as expected from Dre
>good sampling variety, including gospel music, French classical,Thai music, Turkish music, and Montenegro music
>good variety of beats, ranging from traditional Dre production using these samples to more modern-sounding trap-influenced beats; some tracks even have a complete beat change within the track, something Dre doesn't really do
>great outro to Dre's solo career in the form of the closing trumpet solo
>has pretty good bangers in the form of Issues, One Shot One Kill, and Talking To My Diary
>album has more topical, personal, and retrospective subject matter rather than the more traditional gangsta stuff Dre used to rap about; Dre also sounds more enthusiastic in his delivery than in his other projects imo
>topical subject matter relating to Dre and gapless transitioning result in what is probably his most cohesive work despite the variability in beats
>less cliche and cringeworthy lyrics overall than 2001
>no extremely awkward skits
>features are generally pretty good; Anderson .Paak is the new and better Hittman, The Game goes nuts on his track, Kendrick is good as usual, Snoop, Ice Cube, and Xzibit deliver confident, self-assured verses that sound awesome, Eminem's verse is a nice throwback to the old him while still showing his knack for rhyming and wordplay, and the newer Aftermath rappers show promise, Justus and King Mez go crazy on some of their features

It may not be particularly groundbreaking, but all these things make it a better album as a whole than 2001 and as good as The Chronic to me. Plus, it's pitched as a soundtrack album to Compton, so it's clear that Dre wasn't going for an album of anthemic bangers this time around. This is supported by the fact that there was practically no promotion for it besides the movie and that there are no singles. But no one else here seems to like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jcZ1Te9-1go

Well you gave a very very good analysis on the album.

Well done, friend.

The guys you listed are pretty good too. Do you like to watch beat breakdowns?
Thanks man. I just hope that one day I could find someone who really like the album in order to talk. I also think The Chronic is better than 2001, that back half of the album detracts from it imo besides Bang Bang and The Message, there are really bad lines on even the best cuts like Xxplosive, and there's simply too much Hittman with too little mic presence for it's own good. He should have just been on Big Ego's and Bang Bang. Also, Deeez Nuuuts and Lil' Ghetto Boy are probably my favorite tracks off The Chronic, what are yours?

>The guys you listed are pretty good too. Do you like to watch beat breakdowns?

Sometimes, but I don't watch them often, unfortunately. I do watch 'Rhythm Roulette' a lot though. 9th wonders episode was my favorite.

And I'll give his later albums another listen, don't worry.

youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

Cool, I usually watch Sandurz, he's great. And I recognize that a lot of what I said about Compton is personal opinion besides the genre variety of the sampling and the topical subject manner, but hopefully you'll like it a bit more the next time around.

contributing to the /money/ general
youtube.com/watch?v=TeXatquVqAc

WE GOT LONDON ON DA TRACK

youtube.com/watch?v=etfIdtm-OC8

youtube.com/watch?v=RAzzv6Ks9nc

youtube.com/watch?v=I7w9otyiE9g

Really, put young thug & london in the same room and have them talk about money, you'll get nothing but heat. Shit it doesn't get hotter than these three tracks when it comes to money talk.

NIGGA HORSES DON'T STOP THEY KEEP GOING

youtube.com/watch?v=TXyFYNiV-9I