Can Sup Forums explain Schrödinger's Cat?

Can Sup Forums explain Schrödinger's Cat?
If y'all don't know what it is just look it up

>>explain the explanation bls
schroedingers cat is an explanation u tool.

Why don't YOU look it up asshole?

Yes.

Schrodinger felt a little disgusted at one interpretation of quantum mechanics. So he showed that interpretation would be absurd by showing that if one followed that interpretation, one would take a macroscopic quantity (the cat living and dead) as being between states.

It's a parody.

quantum physics do not work the same way normal physics work.

unless you understand anything about how particles behave it's useless to try explaining how the premise works, but if you do understand anything about it, there's no need for an explanation.

go watch some videos on youtube, or something.

That's true, it was supposed to be an attempt to trigger Einstein. But he didn't take the b8 and actually agreed that the theory isn't so bad.

/thread

Everything exists in every state until you know what state it is actually in.

if you have problems with Schrödinger's Cat then you better never get close to Schrödinger's loli, its going to fry your brain

first Schrodinger posed it as an argument as to why the randomness of quantum mechanics can not exist
>put cat in box
>put poison in box
>make trigger for poison that is activated by radioactive decay
>by quantum mechanics if you close the box you can only list the probabilities of the cat being either alive or dead until you open the box and check the condition of the cat
it isn't quite how QM works
but is is a good introductory analog to people that don't study QM

Thanks user, I would have figured it out in simpler/basic terms) but my brain doesn't work lie it used to

Put a cat and sone poison in a box (which is apparantly soundproof and impossibly sturdy). As long as you remain unaware of the cat's interaction with the poison and cannot know whether it has died from ingestion the contents of the box exist in all possible states at once.

This hypothesis is based on the premise that the awareness of living beings is what determines reality. All existence is a branching set of stills which our consciousness navigates and until the box is examined you exist in a known superposition relating to all universes in which the fate of the cat remains undetermined.

And fuck checking if someone else already covered it I typed this shit up and I'm hitting the 'post' button.

It's a thought experiment proposed by Schödinger about how fucking stupid the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics was.

Quantum mechanics is fucking awesome? Some of this shit can give you nightmares or headfuckery.

:):
this is simple understanding of superposition because there is a happy face yet an unhappy face

Does this thread exist if there's no record of it, and if nobody looks at it since op posted it?

Schrödinger got off on poisoning cats

Pretty much it in a very simplistic way.

Because nobody witnessed the cat. Therefore it could be in the bar, or anywhere else as a state.

Dicks out for harambe

If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, did it really fall?

Δx+Δp>=h/(4π)

Imagine life

Was just a simulation

And you were the only consciousness being tested against everyone else who is simply a program in your simulation.

Then imagine that you too are nothing more than s thought. And everything around you isn't real.

>implying that's not reality

Then it won't matter of the police seize and investigate my hard discs and computers!!! Yes!

But what exactly, is, reality?

It's simply your perception of it, right?

its basically asking what side the coin lands on while its in midair
its a stupid question since you can only have an answer once you check

You can rest assured that when you are raped daily in the shower in jail, that it's all a simulation. Just close your eyes and let it happen bro.

Next thing y'all be sayin is Jesus isn't real, and neither is b?!

Guys what if everyone sees/hears everything differently but we cant explain it. Like I see purple but I learned to call it yellow, so my yellow is different from yours but we cant say how

but because a coin spinning in air is almost entirely affected by gravity (and not the other 3 elemental energies) you can know how the coin will land if you know all the variable involved in the coin flip
with QM the more certain you are of any variable, the less certain you can be of the other variables

Ayyyy lmao - dunno man. We're all just simulations!

Why don't you tell us? We're all just a figment of your dream fam.

Not at all, what you call "reality" still exists regardless of you, or anybody else, being aware of it.

It was a really shitty explanation that guy gave, btw.

Maybe if this is all my simulation, maybe I can delete myself

There are some elements within our universe that do not exist unless they are monitored.

Advanced theoretical quantum physics mindfuck!

The ESC button can be found in a gun dude, placed to your head.

why would anything exist unless its monitored? that would just waste resources

So you define reality as the world around you right?

How many times have you had nightmares, or really weird dreams that seem real at the time??

Not shitty. Just simplified.

I guess happiness doesn't exist because I have yet to experience it :(

This thread is making me cry.

happiness may or may not exist because you have not experienced a situation where it would definitely exist or not exist
if you ever experience such an event then happiness will not exist
or it will exist
depending on the outcome of the event you experience

Consciousness has nothing to do with orders of matter, wtf are you smoking?

How can you be sure happiness is even real, and not for example a sub-routine in a program that had not yet been executed?

Nailed it

All because you say so?

How do you know I, or anyone else here is real?

Theoretical sciences faggot!

Look at the bear. Is he really rubbing the meat, or is he only doing it as an image in your mind as you want it to!?

Theoretical sciences and philosophical sciences are insane! A lot of discoveries made as a result though!

If someone says "I'm not insane", they are likely insane. If someone says "i'm insane", they are likely not insane

>Look at the bear

What bear?

>yfw you fail to understand my point, again.

I'm not real, remember. This is all on you dude!!!!

Can b explain why Japan is obsessed with it though?

Called it.

yeah cmon this is all your conscious