youtu.be/auqMnpf3UXg
youtu.be/Pr-fSdtTuqA
discogs.com/Hiroshi-Yoshimura-Green/master/265465
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good album.

the shorter tracks do more for me than Do While though

Funny, I actually prefer Do While.

To each their own, I suppose.

don't get me wrong it's still a good track, and usually on ambient albums the longer tracks do appeal to me more, like on Stars of the Lid albums

good but super overrated

>/Ambient/
>posts non ambient album
what a thread mark

In all seriousness though what was everyone's AAOTY?

Hakobune + Nobuto Suda - Garden of Ghosts (AAOTY)
Hakobune + Chihei - The Fall Rises
Chihei Hatakeyama - Requiem for Black Night and Earth Spiders
Eluvium - False Readings On/Curious Things
Moby - LA

>
hey pleb

>all that backpambient shit
kill yourself my friend

just thought I'd plug the Stars albums that don't really get talked about so much, they're still of extremely high quality

>backpambient
please explain to me what you mean when you say this and then I will explain why you're retarded
That's there best album

>That's there best album
really? there's at least 3 SOTL releases I like over this, but yeah it's really good

How is Oval's 94 Diskont not ambient?

For me its
Ballasted Orchestra>Tired Sounds=Per Aspera>Refinement>Gravitional Pull
I haven't listened to Avec or Nitrous Oxide enough to get a stable impression of them.
I really like those early days though

I've not heard Per Aspera or Nitrous oxide,

My favorite is probably Refinement then Gravitational Pull

I can't remember what fucking track it was but something on Gravitational reminded me of A Saucerful of Secrets lmao

thoughts on this?

backpambient is just a dumb word people use when they dont like an ambient album or they think its too simply made

don't even know what that is

looks like kero kero bonito or some shit

did you guys like the newest loscil? thought all the old school vibes were a bit different for him
youtube.com/watch?v=EFQlQHGuB20

There is ambient music on there but its so much more noisy and glitchy to be called an ambient album, it really commands your attention unlike ambient albums.
It could be mid way through Cantus or Jan, I haven't properly listened to any Pink Floyd for ages though lol
Oh I know, I want him to explain it though.

she's a pop artist who released an ambient album this year. check it out. i think it's pretty comfy

impoppy.bandcamp.com/album/3-36-music-to-sleep-to

OP here, could you guys rec me some good, entry level Ambient? It's part of the reason why I made the thread.

My favorites so far are:
>Music for Airports
>Russian Mind
>94diskont

The synth is overpowering as fuck

could roly porter's album be classified as ambient? that was great

i haven't listened to much this year at all

Biosphere, Brian eno, And Lull (:-))

I was just flicking through my shit and saw this. Dark ambient. Short but sweet.

youtube.com/watch?v=A0zF7Ksrg7E

>shilling your personal music

Brian Eno – Discreet Music
Steve Roach – Structures From Silence
2814 – 新しい日の誕生

isn't it all synth though?

Now if that was a bandcamp link...

Ain't nobody running around sharing a mediafire link from 2 years ago. Genuine share. From my heart to yours. Merry Christmas.

You could just google ambient albums and all the Stars of the Lid and Eluviums will be there, its probably the most accessible music genre ever.
Make sure you listen to Grouper however, she's great.

Some of my slightly lesser known favourites on the other hand are:

Tu M' - Monochromes Vol 1
youtu.be/GkNri98fUS0
Andrew Chalk - Shadows from the Album Skies
youtu.be/LKLOq6abg1U
Hakobune - Cowboy Across the Water
youtu.be/tkAgkHg85XE
Kyle Bobby Dunn - A Young Person's Guide to Kyle Bobby Dunn
>He has a track called Nightjar which is one of my favourite tracks ever and one of the best things he's done. It's not on youtube but I implore you to seek it out, its so fucking good - his entire discography is solid though
Chihei + Hakobune - Vibrant Color
youtu.be/qdRn1v6Glhg

These are all droney wishy washy ambient artists (cause im wishy washy and I like that stuff), there are artists that are harder to pin down to the genre though that I'd recommend

Machinefabriek - Marjin - He's great, I guess if you like some experimentation you'll like him, his music goes through a lot of different passages and sometimes it isn't ambient at all but his music is really subtle and detailed
youtu.be/2JvoGedWBBg
Alva Noto - Xerrox - a lot glitchier, commands your attention a lot more. This guy has a bunch of great collabs with Ryuichi Sakamoto and did the OST for The Revenant
youtu.be/GYhXa3FLdQc
James Ferraro - Dreams - I will shill James til I die. fucking kill me. he has a lot of kind of ambient releases from before FSV that are all really cool imo
youtu.be/auqMnpf3UXg
He also did this really good album with Daniel Lopatin and Laurel Halo: youtu.be/Pr-fSdtTuqA

I haven't listened soz
Yeah that's the problem, when it gets to the later tracks it seems like she just shrugs and just starts hitting random keys on the synth for extended periods of time instead of composing anything

discogs.com/Hiroshi-Yoshimura-Green/master/265465

>Yeah that's the problem, when it gets to the later tracks it seems like she just shrugs and just starts hitting random keys on the synth for extended periods of time instead of composing anything

that's funny i feel like i enjoyed the second half of the album more than the beginning. me time me, glass milk, telepathy and air people are all my favorites. i guess to each his own though

His earlier work Systemich is seminal for the genre imo. I really don't understand why diskont gets shilled so much over it's predecessor.

I love the series he's done with Ryuichi Sakamoto. Actually got the box set of works for Christmas :)