Building my first computer soon and I'm in a pickle- Do I install Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Building my first computer soon and I'm in a pickle- Do I install Windows 7 or Windows 10?

I love Win7 and refused to upgrade it to Win10 on my current shitty computer, but now that I will be building one, I'm troubled with deciding if I should stick to what I know, or go with Win10 on the off-chance of better performance.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/482shc/windows_10_enb_vram_limit_any_updated_news/
bitdotly/2a1NAmv
laptopmag.com/articles/windows-10-still-free
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

windows 10 is fine

i love windows 10 and windows 7. go for 10 for a newer feel id say. im just a consumer so i wouldn't necessarily know all of the techy stuff behind it but both i can assure are reliable for my enjoyment and i do a wide variety of things.

but your name is mehedi..

>windows
kek

if you like spyware

>hurr ill never upgrade xDDDD
just fucking get windows 10 jesus christ already

Windows 10 is more idiot proof.

If you fuck it up, you can just "refresh" it.

I've heard mixed opinions. Some people have no trouble with it, others have a whole HDD go to shit because of it.

I don't necessarily care for the newer feel, just care if it will perform better on my computer.

kek'd

Sorry, I don't want my computer looking like an Android phone :/

See? fuck

Okay, but why? What makes Win10 better? You're not really providing a great argument, just getting buttblasted because I'm undecided.

What makes you prefer it?

Windows 10 for Dx12

Just torrent that hacked off version of win 10 that has all of its spyware programs, drivers and botnets removed.

It works like a fucking charm and has zero downsides. It has cortana, location tracking, and many other things removed from it to make it safer and lighter.

Fair point.

I can't remember the last time I downloaded a torrent and idk if my current shit computer can manage it, but I'll look into that. Thank you.

Do you have any first hand experience with that version of Win10?

>I can't remember the last time I downloaded a torrent and idk if my current shit computer can manage it, but I'll look into that.

Lower end computers won't handle windows 10 very well so it's better to stick to 7 there.

The version works. It works really well and is even less bothersome than the usual windows 10. If you don't regret missing out on a retarded android voice asking you what kind of vore hentai you like, having friends or family clearly see what you've been searching on google the moment they use your PC or some dude in Alaska fapping to your face while monitoring your webcam feed for possible threats then you'll be fine.
You can also tweak it with a lot less hassle than usual.

Only people who have illegal shit on their computer are scared to upgrade. HUR I'M ANONYMUS FUK MICROSOFT I DUN WAN DEM TO FIND MY CP AND ILLEGAL STUFF HALP.

I meant I wasn't sure if my current computer could handle downloading a torrent.

>some dude in Alaska fapping to your face while monitoring your webcam feed

Yeah.. I unplugged my webcam a long time ago after seeing all the websites with unprotected webcam feeds. I had it pointing up to the ceiling most of the time anyway.

I don't have anything "illegal" aside from music I downloaded. That's not my concern.

What bothers me about Win10 is all the "Look I remembered what you searched so let me do a shortcut for you", I don't need a computer to think everything for me, that would just make me lazy and allow for alzheimer's to get an early start. Also the ugly tiles and unnecessary bullshit is annoying. I know, you can turn it off, but it wasn't necessary in the first place.

Newer OS are always bigger and heavier. They was HDD space and chew up RAM. They never run better they always run worse. The only reason to upgrade is if there is software you need that isn't backwards compatible.

fuck pc, MACINTOSH MASTER RACE.

If my girlfriend wasn't sleeping I'd think she was shitposting in this thread

Windows 7. But if you wanna be really cool then debian

>upgrade to windows 10
>play Skyrim
>frames low as fuck
>find out 10 isn't able to use more than 4gb vram including allocated system ram

Should i downgrade again?

the fuck m8

Windows 10 has been working fine for me, but I'd recommend getting an app called Start 8, which will restore the Windows 7 style start menu. The Win 8/10 version is just a confusing mess.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been overrun by Linux fags yet.

It's not even 9 AM EST

all the Linux fags sleep in until 12 PM

Get 7 OP

cringe

Win7 if you don't want a bloated spyware machine.

Windows 10 for any computer that will never connect to the internet. Otherwise 7 is your baby.

doesn't sound like OP is ready for linux yet

Where did you download that version of windows10 ??

install gentoo

Where can I find it

OP here

quad dubs got me BTFO

I don't think I am ready either.

people bitching about microshit spying on you with win 10 when ms spies on every os they made, smh fam, just by using google chrome and google's respective services you're being spied on

Where i can find the version of win10 without spyware tell me pls

>find out 10 isn't able to use more than 4gb vram including allocated system ram
Maybe you should upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10 then? Fucking idiot.

it's Start10 for windows 10. I use it and, you're right, it should be recommended

Install gentoo

It doesn't matter if it's 32 or 64 bit.

reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/482shc/windows_10_enb_vram_limit_any_updated_news/

it's something

bitdotly/2a1NAmv

>implying anyone with two bits of common sense uses Google Chrome

How do you know spyware is removed

I use google chrome on android is there any good browser

how do you know the user who told you about removed spyware wasnt lying?

you asked for a *clean* w10, i provided a torrent from one of he most trusted uploaders for software, if it's truly clean who the fuck knows ask them or check their website

Firefox

I use an iPhone and use Firefox for most of my browsing. Only use Safari to post on here because captcha doesn't seem to work on Firefox mobile

try opera

Isn't opera based on chrome

I had windows 7, i was fine with it, it was great.
I now have windows 10 becouse i wanted the newest direct x, witch is direct x 13. only avaible if you have windows 10. With my gig of 2200 euro. i decided to gett windows 10. well it sucks.you have mallware in your startmenu, everything is diverent, so you need to learn everytying where is what.you have no more privecy they collect every data picture you watch ect. but if you gonna spend a lot of money on a new pc its worth it.

What's wrong with your spelling

Just install Linux and tell microsoft to fuck off. =D

I don't know why so many people complain about win10 tbh, it's no worse than 7. If you like windows in general, you'll like 10.

i had windows 7 and i upgraded to windows 10 last day of free upgrade.turns out windows 10 is great and it runs all my old games (heroes of might and magic 3 &4,diablo II,etc)
in the start i thought it was like windows 8 and i avoided it but it turns out its fine.

Fuck you

I see no reason to not get 10 instead of 7. 10 got more features, is way faster, is easier to use, and all in all just better.

his shit's all retarded

>Should I install the latest version of this operating system on my brand new hardware that contains the latest features and fixes, or the older version that will eventually not be supported?

Key word: eventually

They're not fucking shutting down all support for Win7 within the next hour

The issue with win10 is mainly some shitty driver support and random problems on some non MS devices. But the design of the OS is better than win7 and 8

>I personally hated windows 8 myself.
>I always swore I'd never leave win7

>Win10 on sale at Xidax.
>My PC boots in less than 3 seconds with Win10

No regrets.

Ah then by all means, keep using Windows 7 ignoring the fact that all development is being done on Windows 10 and only critical security issues will be ported to 7 until support ends

Thats not your gf

I recommend avoiding Windows 10 until at least Windows 7 support has ended.

There's all kinds of problems (compability issues) with Win 10. Many don't have them, many do.

Then there's the privacy issue. Personally I'll wait until more has come to light on that issue, I don't want random files to be uploaded to Microsoft from my HDD.

You don't have to feel stressed over the "limited free win 10" offer, it will be free to obrain forever I can guarantee it.

>mint
kek

>I see no reason to not get 10 instead of 7.
Wouldn't saying "no reason to get 7 instead of 10" have been much clearer?

It's already over, it'd no longer free

People love double negatives

Yeah, it ended July 29th, but you can still get it for free if you claim to be disabled

laptopmag.com/articles/windows-10-still-free

windows vista and 8 were the biggest failures of microsoft. 7 and 10 are its masterpieces.

and they don't have any checks what so ever to verify that you are disabled

clearly just there so they can say "see? the deadline was real" even though it wasn't. and some people eat it up.

Yeah which won't last, they are just doing the whole 'we did the right thing'

They still need demand sales

>and they don't have any checks what so ever to verify that you are disabled

Yup. Just click on a button and the .exe file downloads.

The hdd thing happened to me. Had to reformat and everything

Is that the mbr shit?