How's your new Crosley treating you on the day(s) after Christmas, Sup Forums?

How's your new Crosley treating you on the day(s) after Christmas, Sup Forums?

"Thank you very much Grandma, I appreciate it, but do yo uh have the reciept?"

My Halsey Badlands vinyl (thanks grandma!) makes scratchy noises at some parts. Wow vinyls degrade very quickly

literally nothing wrong with it and it's easy to take it everywhere

>No counterweight
>Record hangs off
>Crazy thick stylus

Except vinyl isn't supposed to portable and it sounds like shit

My parents are giving me their old Gemini xl-100.
They say it was top of the line back in the day. Is it as good as they say?

> portable vinyl player
lol how's middle school?

Vintage metal DJ turntables with curved arms such as that one are quite good. Not quite "top of the line" (it's not exorbitantly expensive stuff for audiophiles, it's for industrial and mixing purposes and therefore has extra features such as variable speed) but nicely above what most consumers had back in the day and should sound good and track well. Get a new cartridge though

Good to hear. My father tells me he had the cartridge replaced recently.
This will be my first step into turntable. I was looking into a Music Hall, but this better fits my budget.

Now you can use the money you were going to spend on the table on an amp and speakers. I'd go local and vintage, check thrift and pawn shops, record stores, and Craigslist. You need an amp/receiver with a phono input, or an external preamp if you want to put it through something that doesn't have one.
70s stuff with metal and wood on it is usually very nice and built like a tank, and sounds better than modern equipment for this analog purpose. Look out for Pioneer, Sony, Marantz, Sansui, Yamaha, Harmon/Kardon, and TEAC. And Google things before you buy them

It's awesome I also got a first pressing of ITCotCK on vinyl I've been playing it at 78 rpm cuz it sounds funny

If this isn't bait I'm going to track you down and kill you so your record can have the owner it deserves

I have a set of Mission towers and a Yamaha RX-v465.
Thanks for the help..

You will need a preamp for sure.
You can spend $10 or $5000 on one, it's all about how much snake oil you drink
i'd just go to Amazon, type "phono preamp", & look at reviews.

They're not bad. Was listening to one over holiday. My sister's boyfriend has this old copy of Exmilitary from like 2011, sounds kinda crappy and the player has damaged it a bit but still sounds nice.

You know what is even easier to take anywhere? A fucking phone full of music and some bluetooth wireless speakers.

Nope not bait at all, I also got a couple 78's from the turn of the century that I like to play frisbee with

>bluetooth
the audible compression and occasional skipping and cutting out (which always happens eventually in my experience, no matter how close your two devices are together) is in no way, shape, or form worth the extra convenience when it comes to music
aux cord 4 lief

Cool man, I appreciate all the help.

I personally guarantee to you that any $25 bluetooth speakers and a phone still sound better objectively than any crosley with built in speakers.

This is the 78 I play frisbee with

I had a couple (2) but I threw the other at a tree and it broke

HOW DID YOU KNOW WTF

[spoiler]I didn't edit this.[/spoiler]

Nothing can really fly through the air like a 78the groves just make them fly better when you throw them

The same as the last 5 threads you made about it.