youtube.com/watch?v=FsMR_eH7KQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=R-8H3gE9dUo
youtube.com/watch?v=WXQLyzeysGU
youtube.com/watch?v=I8JULmUlGDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>MAMAAAAA BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYYYYOHHHHH

>you can't bring up >muh plagiarism
Why not?

boring whiny vocals (i still like the band though)

They went to shit after PG

>Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace, like thoughts inside a dream
>Heed the path that led me to that place, yellow desert stream
>My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon, I will return again
>Sure as the dust that floats high in June, when movin' through Kashmir.

because it's extremely exaggerated and it turns into a shitfest instead of actually talking about the music

>boring whiny vocals
extremely subjective

they obviously weren't as good anymore (not a coincidence it happened after Jimmy started doing heroin) but it did come after the best album streak of all time that's never been topped

>because it's extremely exaggerated
How so? They literally took other people's music, and said it was theirs
>instead of actually talking about the music
We are talking directly about the music and who actually authored it

>OOOOOYEAH YEAHHH MAMA MAAHH LEMMIE TAKE YOU THEEERE (x20)

mfw

Reminder that LZ improved the songs they stole.

>removing soul and authenticity
>improving

if you actually look at the claims and listen to them there are 4 songs that are very similar to other music out of over 100 songs. the rest is made up garbage.

>Dazed and Confused
>The Lemon Song
>White Summer
>Black Mountain Side

Three from the first two albums and one that was only played live.

it's very common in all music but Zeppelin got picked on the hardest out of all bands

Lots of people have ripped Jimmy off but you never hear about it

youtube.com/watch?v=l51KVX8inMM
youtube.com/watch?v=L-iepu3EtyE

they fucking suck

>>soul and authenticity
What kind of meme is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=WoqR7ztdTCg
>a concept that scares me? Must be a meme!

that sounds literally nothing like whole lotta love. you need to learn the difference between inspired by and actual plagiarism

>that sounds literally nothing like whole lotta love
You obviously aren't a musician
>you need to learn the difference between inspired by and actual plagiarism
"Dixon sued Led Zeppelin for royalties to "Whole Lotta Love." The case was settled out of court two years later, with a generous settlement to Willie Dixon"
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=nHpqQaf0EK8

The album closed with a song credited to Page/Plant, "Bring It On Home." Discerning listeners realized it was the old Sonny Boy Williamson song of the same name, albeit with a furious Page solo. Once again, the song's author, Willie Dixon, won a settlement.

Led Zeppelin III found Page still rummaging through his suitcase of Yardbirds castoffs. An album track, "Tangerine," was one Page had worked on with the Yardbirds in the spring of 1968. At that time, it was called "Knowing That I'm Losing You." The two arrangemens are identical. The Yardbirds had never copyrighted the piece, which made it easy for Page to usurp it in its entirety. The song was attributed solely to Jimmy Page with no mention being made of Keith Relf, who had written a significant chunk of the lyrics that appeared in Led Zeppelin's version.

"He [Keith Relf] should really be given a credit for that one," Jim McCarty said, referring specifically to the second verse's lyrics in "Knowing That I'm Losing You," which appear intact as the first verse in "Tangerine."

This author conducted interviews with McCarty, Dreja and Keith Relf's sister, Jane, in the autumn of 2001 for a story on the Page era Yardbirds, which appeared in the 2002 edition of Ugly Things magazine. Lest readers think plagiarism is a victimless crime, Jane Relf's reaction to information on the "Knowing That I'm Losing You" and "Tangerine" situation should give cause for pause.

"My brother plucked that session man out of obscurity and gave him a job and that's how he repaid him?" Jane Relf mused. "My brother was not well-off at the end of his life and the royalties for that song could have helped out considerably."

She was refering to Keith Relf's financial straits at the time of his death in 1976. As for "Knowing That I'm Losing You" and "Tangerine." both feature a steel guitar courtesy of Page. Once again, the Yardbirds' unreleased version is superior. Relf's vocals are heartbreaking and McCarty's drums much lighter and better suited to the song's fragility. Their take has a prominent Morricone touch and the massed vocals at the end take it to new heights. Led Zeppelin's version simply pales in comparison. Page, though, had the good sense to realize the song's appeal and it has since gone onto be one of Zeppelin's most beloved songs, free as it is of Plant's insipid cliches that pass themselves off as lyrics.

Page claimed authorship of the entire song, including the lyrics. The Yardbirds had never copyrighted the piece, which made it easy for Page to usurp it in its entirety. The flower-child verses smack of Keith Relf, though.

Another track from Led Zeppelin III, "Since I've Been Loving You," lifted significant lyrical passages from Moby Grape's "Never." In doing so, Robert Plant can't really be accused so much of plagiarism as sheer laziness. Both tracks are meandering and desultory nonentities. Why in the world would Plant use verses that Moby Grape member Bob Mosely was obviously making up on the fly? Most likely, it was meant as an homage, considering Plant's love of West Coast hippy bands. Both songs are generic blues jams and Plant would have been better served by devising new lyrics. This would come back to haunt him. In 2005, according to an anonymous source, Led Zeppelin came to a financial agreement with Mosely although he will never be acknowledged in the credits of "Since I've Been Loving You" as part of the arrangement.

The vocals sound like a white Danny Brown getting fucking castrated.

"Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" is basically an original song with Jones/Page/Plant being listed as the song's authors. However, the intro is lifted from "The Waggoner's Tale" by Bert Jansch.

Nineteen-seventy-one's Led Zeppelin IV, showed the band to be up to their old tricks. The drum intro to "Rock 'n Roll" was a direct lift from Little Richard's "Keep A-Knocking." One listen to that early nugget will prove the point. Further, elements of the solo from the old Yardbirds warhorse "Train Kept A-Rollin" show up in "Rock 'n Roll."

>You obviously aren't a musician
topcake
>played instruments since I was 4-5 years old, now 22 and played guitar for the last 9 years. studied music theory as well

it sounds almost nothing alike aside from a vocal line.

>out of court settlement
>he thinks this is proof of anything
topcake

>an exact 100% copy that they weren't even trying to hide
>what is a tribute
it should have been credited to him but it's obviously not intended as plagiarism

see
regardless, this is one of those utter garbage claims. Jimmy Page wrote the fucking music, the only part Plant used is the "Measuring a summer's day" part, 3 fucking lines.

>the first 10 seconds of the song are somewhat similar to another song
OH MY GOD PLAGIARISM!!!

>"Rock 'n Roll" was a direct lift from Little Richard's "Keep A-Knocking.

this is not plagiarism. do you even realise how common this is? what about the hundreds of times the drum intro from when the levee breaks has been sampled by other artists?

youtube.com/watch?v=FsMR_eH7KQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=R-8H3gE9dUo

you're just a fucking idiot being a mouthpiece for someone else without even looking into what they are saying.

Dude, 70s had Stooges, Rolling Stones, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Bowie and fucking Black Sabbath. Why would I waste my time listening to that shitty proto-buttrock band? Get real.

Most Led-Zepplin "fans" can't name more than 5 of their songs and Robert Plant has a weird infatuation with his cock that is annoying

I listened Zeppelin's discography about 3 times and I still don't like them.

And I'm not being a contrarian, Zeppelin's music isn't near as interesting as those bands I posted. They just played boring blues rock while Black Sabbath and Stooges was creating genres.

If I want to listen to blues rock I would just listen to Rolling Stones because they were at least interesting.

III, houses of the holy, and physical graffiti have more than just blues rock

the drum beat for keep a-knocking and rock and roll is a drum version of this type of early rock intro

youtube.com/watch?v=WXQLyzeysGU
youtube.com/watch?v=I8JULmUlGDA

do you have any idea how many songs this kind of stuff is on?

Because they were incredible you doofus. The best rock band ever alongside The Rolling Stones.
If you've listened to all those bands but you've never listened to Zeppelin you're missing out on a lot. Moreso, if you actually like all those bands but don't like Zeppelin, you're just being a contrarian idiot.

Led Zeppelin covered ground from all those bands you mentioned

>Stooges i.e. Proto-Punk
Communication Breakdown

>Rolling Stones
Take your pick of any blues rock

>King Crimson i.e. Prog
Achilles Last Stand

>Bowie
Take your pick of any of the more poppier or ballad tracks

>Black Sabbath
Dazed and Confused (Proto-Metal)

>They just played boring blues rock

You literally couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. You're obviously not liking Led Zeppelin because you don't want to like them, it's clearly some image issue you have because what you are saying about the music doesn't hold true.

The Stones are much more "boring blues rock" than Zeppelin. The Stones played pretty much all blues rock with some country and "rock and roll" influence here and there in the Beggars-Exile period. Led Zeppelin was 100x more diverse.

They also pretty much invented hard rock and were Sabbath's biggest influence.

>Blues
>Hard Rock
>Folk
>Pop Rock
>Prog/Proto-Prog
>Proto-Metal
>Proto-Punk
>Reggae
>Rock and Roll
>Funk
>Disco
>Samba