Rogue One

So this is going to be shit, right?

The Rebels parts may be, but the Empire scenes will be GOAT with Darth Vader, based Mendelsohn and based Mads.

nah it looks cool. dont be so negative bro. just wait and see. you might be right, or not.

It's only purpose is to make shekels.
ofc.

Is it black-and-white film?

Looks better than TFA

>just pay for the movie before you decide if it's worth watching

yes sir

i rebel

This right here. More Darth Vader scenes will be rad. Especially if hes scaled up to 11 on the holy shit run away scale. Even the Darth vader scenes in the shitty rebels disney show are like god damn this guy is cool.

>yfw Ira Belle beats him because of muh stronk wymn

that would suck shit. Personally I'd like her to be stronk wymn this is ez work until suddenly Vader and his #1 cronies show up and totally fucking wreck her. Maybe kill off all her feminist cucks in her squad too.

Why must my favorite franchises be ruined with this equality and inclusion left wing propaganda bullshit. I just want to watch a fun movie, not have a political agenda forced on me. I wouldn't mind this cast at all if the trailer didn't make it glaringly obvious that it was going to be yet another strong grrrl who needs no man and her multicultural brigade. Can Hollywood do a good female protagonists and diverse casts without making it into a politicized and badly written shit?

I'm more worried for the fanboy pandering Vader scenes than anything

It would be good if they all sacrifice themselves to get the plans to Leia, since it doesn't make sense having them survive. Some of them could also join the Empire.

If TFA is anything to go by, it'll be a soulless, unimagintive exercise in setting up more movies to make more money. Disney will plaster Star Wars iconography all over it, and chop up a John Williams score, to trick moviegoers and internet bloggers into thinking that what they're watching isn't cynical, recycled shit.

I was hyped for a Star Wars dogfighting movie with Mads, now I'm not so sure.

>fanservice is good

>new content is bad

The fanservice will never, ever stop contrarianfag, better start accepting it.

Going to watch it for based Mads.

Can't wait for Vader and his elite guys to fuck up the politically correct brigade desu

If they are not overdone and are limited to portraying Vader as the truly imposing and indomitable character he was, the pandering will be totally fine. There will be many more fanboy shit to come in the new movies and tv shows, best to start enjoying the new stuff.

Him and Ben Mendelsohn

Political and social agendas have absolutely consumed the industry within the large production companies. Probably because of the internet and connectivity. Even film criticism is lost to politics.

>Can Hollywood do a good female protagonists and diverse casts without making it into a politicized and badly written shit?

Not if you fucking salty dry dick pol faggots keep reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing all over the Internet everything a woman is cast in anything.

*everytime

I know this is bait, but how is this a left wing progaganda bullshit movie? Because of the girl and the asians? The trailer showed a girl kicking stormtrooper ass, just as any other star wars movie. It's exactly the same. Only this time around we dont have boring mary sue jedi and get to focus on the actual soldiers of both sides.

We'll stop reeeeing once they stop making it a political point.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

>Darth Vader
>new content

>3 movies with Darth Vader already
>then 3 more movies that depicted how Darth Vader became Darth Vader
>now Darth Vader again

Learn what contrarian means please, and then stop using the word.

i will laugh every time i see the blind dude fighting with his stick

You'll stop reeeeeeeeing when you graduate high school, start getting pussy, and have real problems to care about.

Look at her dialogue in the trailer. She's all, "I'm strong and independent and I don't need anyone. I'm strong and also I have boobs and a vagina. Grrrl power!"

You dislike the new content because most people enjoy it. You are a contrarian, you just think you aren't because you think your bullshit opinion is held by anything but a minority. Darth Vader is cool, and he will be in nearly every Star Wars product until the day Disney gets bored of him. Contrarian.

That's the setup, user. Her being captured and tortured by the empire is the punchline

It will be shit...but have a bunch of callbacks like Darth Vader so Star War fags will pee their pants and call it Movie of the Year.

Using these shaming tactics instead of a real argument only proves that you don't belong here further.

Then they should stop creating female characters devoid of humanity and vulnerability to lock down demographics and appease social agendas.

This. But hopefully it won't be as bad as OI BOIPAHSSED DA CUMPRESSAH with her shit eating smug grin and godawful acting

>gets upset no white good guys
>reeee propaganda

Im honestly not seeing it. The parts about her heroism being defined by her gender. She's the protagonist in a star wars movie, of course she's going to be 'strong and independent', that kinda comes with the territory.

Anakin and Luke both grew into their roles. They relied on others to become what they became. So yeah, no.

I'm afraid this will be the case.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Something needs to destroy my last cultural love.

You just know she's going to single-handedly outsmart Vader or injure him in some way and the same TFA apologists will defend it

I'm not the one using a word he doesn't understand to invalidate someone's opinion in his own head. I'm sure you're a good little consumer either way. You'll like whatever you're told to like.

I wouldn't mind a female protagonist and a diverse cast but based on the trailer, they seem like they're there to show off how diverse and accepting Star Wars is now than to be actual characters. I would love to be proved wrong, but TFA played all my worst fears straight so new Star Wars doesn't have the best track record with this shit.

>lock down demographics

Oh no people want to make movies that appeal to a broad audience so they make more money.

That's literally what fucking Star Wars was about in the first place. It was about getting men of every age to cream their pants every time an X Wing or a lightsabre came on screen so they'd go out and buy toys and tell all their friends about how dope that shit was and to go see it. Now they want women to do it too because they're 51% of the population and they have money too.

No, when Star Wars came out, it was an experimental movie all about pushing new boundaries.

Luke was fucking hopeless most of the time. Anakin was too rash and relied on others bailing him out and then descended into evil and got his arse kicked.

>I've only seen the prequels and never watched the OT

But it doesnt have anything to do with her being a girl. She probably wont be the most well written character, because well, star wars. However I dont think she will be victorious BECAUSE shes a woman. We'll have to wait for the movie itself to release of course.

Lmao, you even use the word consumer to call out a movie watcher. I think you might need to look up the word Contrarian, because you are acting as if you are above the majority in every way, exactly what contrarian is. You are the minority, and there is a reason for that.

Oh and by the way

Contrarian - a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion

That's you

That's literally what they did with Rey. Luke was a well written character, and Rey was a shitty fan-fiction gender swapped rip off of that.

They did the same thing with Rey though. She was good at everything from the start because she was a stronk grrrl and overcame any """difficulty""" with no problem whatsoever.

reminder that Assassins Creed releases 5 days after Rogue 1

so on top of the fact that it's not an episode, that audience will backlash for another bitch lead, Assassins Creed is there to fuck up their numbers as well.

this is it buds.. this is when Disney crumbles.

>inb4 TFA apologists come in and start talking about how Luke and old Anakin were also Mary Sues

Well I disagree, I think Rey is a shit mary sue character, but that fact would remain unchanged if she were written as a man. Her gender doesnt explain her traits.

You're completely wrong. Star Wars was an experimental passion project for Lucas. He poured his own life, frustrations and ambitions into Luke. He even gave him part of his name. That's not pandering, that's artistic vision. It just so happened that it was a colossal hit. He didn't start getting cynical until RotJ. Go ahead and continue to celebrate cynicism though.

She has those traits because she's Kathleen Kennedy's self insert. Also the fact that JJ and the rest of them have been pushing this more diversity and progressiveness in Star Wars.

You're using the word contrarian in a hypothetical situation moron. You cannot form a majority opinion on something that hasn't happened yet. I don't think I'm above anyone. Sounds like you're just projecting your insecurities.

It was also about telling The Heroes Journey in spess and selling merchandise.

Lucas didn't just take a pay cut in favor of merchandising rights because he had to, he also knew that people would spend money because the shit he came up with was dope and kids love toy spaceships

>what are Ewoks.

I understand what youre saying, I just dont think TFA presents enough evidence of Rey's godlike abilities being the result of her gender.

If Rey was a man, Kathleen Kennedy would self-insert herself into a different character, probably a female Poe or something.

You dislike new Darth Vader content while the popular opinion is that new Darth Vader content is awesome. You probably even dislike it simply because most people like it. You are contrarian. You are a faggot.

you're a fucking idiot dude. It's easy to say it was a sure thing in hindsight.

>its a Hollywood promotes diversity episode
>meanwhile the movie is written and directed by white males

As a liberal progressive, I wont see this sham on priniciple

She was written that way because she's a woman. Kennedy and Abrams were so determined to not to be accused of creating a "weak" or "outdated" female character that Rey was without any weaknesses or shortcomings.

>Literally an entire Galaxy full of an uncountable number of beings
>everybody should look same because muh sjws

Uh I hate to break it to you but the cast is about as diverse as the people I interact with on a daily basis and there's only 7 billion of us on one planet, not trillions of us on billions.

>the popular opinion is that new Darth Vader content is awesome

No that's your opinion. Most people don't even know that Vader is in this movie.

Loom at the advertising for TFA and the merch. It is definitely because of her vagina and no other reason. You have the super duper ace pilot and super speshul rebel stormtrooper and they're the who by all means should be the mary sues. Yet they are guys so they get shit on so that Rey gets to shine.

It wasn't even about the movie, I just said that most people agree that new Darth Vader shit is rad, even if he wasn't in the movie, if you don't accept that you are totally fucking stupid. You totally don't want new Darth Vader shit cus hurr durr hes over done. You are contrarian. You can stop trying anytime.

>hurr durr what is reading comprehension
Redo elementary school and then read my post again. You don't seem to understand what your eyes are seeing.

It's not about the casting of a woman. No one was upset about Leia because they weren't pushing the muh stronk wymn grrl power type, like with Rey. Judging by the trailers, it looks like they're going to do the same to Ira Belle.

*Look

Nobody cared about the loads and loads of women and different ethnicities in the old Star Wars. They were actually well written characters. Nobody complained about Lando, Leia, Windu or any number of other characters you can find in the old EU as well as stuff like Clone Wars. They weren't pushing anything poltical so the characters were actually likable rather than coming off as cardboard cutouts.

Maybe I'm a contrarian within your demographic. I'm sure your friends agree that more Darth Vaded is "rad". I'm sure they watch kid's cartoons too.

Sup Forums is objectively wrong and BTFO 99.97% of the time so no

>made by disney
>shit
pick at most one

but that means so are u
unless of course you're admitting you're a tourist :^)

Totes babe I came here for the dank memes

I'm fine with the Darth Vader scenes as long as they don't turn it into weebshit style where he's fucking up tanks and killing hundreds of Rebel troopers with the Force.

>fanservice is bad

i can tell by you are FN

I got bad news for you, user..

Rey>Ira Belle

no

dumb bunnyfucker

Or maybe you are so hidden under your rock you don't know the clear popular opinion regarding Star Wars. Time to crawl out of the basement little vader hater.

Yes, but as you can see in the OP there is also quite a bit of yellow and brown.

>Vader hater

Lel. More buzzwords. You should do a survey at your school, take opinions on Vader and report back. It'll be rad.

I know New York.

>they weren't pushing the muh stronk wymn grrl power type,

We clearly didn't watch the same movie because in a new hope alone you have Leia dropping dudes and complaining about how her rescue party is a bunch of ain't shit manlets. In Empire she's basically running an entire base in ROTJ she strangles the most powerful crime lord in the galaxy to death while wearing a metal bikini.

Saying Leia isn't a strong woman character and that she wasn't very obviously intended to be considered as such is a disservice to Carrie fisher and her incredible coke nail.

>TFA confirmed
Oh, female lead. Well, there were a bunch of good female characters in SW EU. Mara Jade, Meetra Surik, Bastila Shan, Kerra Holt, Mirax Terrik. That could work just alright.

>TFA comes out
What is this fucking Mary Sue bullshit?!

>Rogue One confirmed
Oh, a tie-in. Something about Rebels, X-Wing pilots, stuff like that. I liked Michael A. Stackpole's Rogue Squadron and Aaron Allston's Wraith Squadron novels. That could be queite good.

>Rogue One trailer comes out
Oh for fuck's sake!

Your other characters are great examples but Mara Jade is fucking trash and the main reason I'm glad they purged the EU.

I never said she wasn't a strong woman character. I said the studios back then weren't pushing the strong wymn agenda, like they're doing with Rey and Ira Belle. I'm fine with strong women characters as long as they're not constantly shoved down my throat.

my only hope is Rey actually turns dark side which would at least make up for all the shit that has happened

You must have had a hard time watching the Alien series then.

Mara was good in Timothy Zahn's books (Allegiance is such underrated) and his comic (By the Emperor's Hand). But none of the other authors knew what do with her. And that retarded bitch Karen Traviss killed her in the most stupid way imaginable.

I liked them actually. I liked Fury Road and Terminator 2, as well.

Karen Traviss kills everything she touches. Namely franchises.