Other urls found in this thread:

edmunds.com/fuel-economy/five-myths-about-stick-shifts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not a fucking European

because my car is broke
and i have to use my step-dad's
and he's a fat fuck with bad knees
so it's an auto

My dad gave me his old car and it is automatic. If I got my own I would get a standard. Fucking love clutch dumping.

It's easier to play pokemon in an automatic

I'm American and I don't have to. Also only faggots get trips.

>I don't know how to
P-please be gentle, user-sama

But I do tho.

Never understood the elitism between choosing one or the other. Both have their pros and cons.

Standard is fun as fuck and it feels like you're actually making the car work for you. Automatic is nice to just relax and drive around town and hitting up the pokestops.

I do. Got disel and electric too. Tripple digits.

I do drive stick you cunt.

because my current car and motorcycle are manuals
as were 5 of the last 6 cars I owned
and the 1 auto was bc I needed a car and didn't have time to shop for a manual in my price range

I have all my life, but the commute traffic has gotten to be too much. A WRX in traffic is not ideal.

checked.

and i do, nigga

Power glide.
2 speeds.
Fast and faster.

Because it's the future.

The year is now 2016.

Automatic transmissions are incredibly efficient compared to just 10 years ago much less 20 or even 30 years ago.

There is absolutely no reason to drive a stick unless you have a fancy sports car or something and want to feel that control over the car. You use a stick when you drive for fun, but it can get old having to shift otherwise.

Damn son

Just make sure not to drive too close to any crowds of people though

cause I don't make love to my cousin.

My quadruple dubs do NOT LIE.

Having said that, my '85 BMW (manual transmission) was fun as hell to drive. It had custom clutch and was very low geared. Shifting was fun as hell in that car.

You must either be a woman or stupid.

keked
and
checked

I'm learning now, and that shit is fucking HARD. The friend who is teaching me is starting to get impatient because I still can't get into first smoothly on a consistent basis after several hours of practise.

I'm determined to learn, but I can see why others can't be arsed.

>Touché
WITNESSED

...I do...i do drive stick

b8

I'm not poor.

Stick is fun i'm sure (don't know how to) but pointless unless you are sportsy mc.fast car and shit. Plus i'm sure it sucks balls in traffic.

filename xD

M'Tranny

Not necessary anymore, modern automatics are much more efficient than you will ever be. Would rather have a free hand to jerk off and not have to worry about gear switching.

Besides, my car is an automatic with manual gear switching as well. So who gives a fuck.

It becomes second nature for me it's just the same when im crusing it's just way more fun when you're taking corners. and you get better mpg.

I don't wanna fuck my car.

This

I don't have a car.

I

Off roading in a Jeep Wrangler. Rock climbs and stuff. Better with stick.

you expect me to drive this?

Nice trips
My car is a five speed my rig is a 12 speed get on my level

(be ye a wytch?)

I drove a garbage truck with a 12 speed, it was really weird compared to a five speed, had all sorts of lo high stuff

because I didn't even finish my theoretic part of getting a license

CHECKED

I live in hill town USA and everyone stops there f150's inches from your back bumper

I've always wondered... What is "Double-Clutching?"

Because I'm tired of driving stick, been doing it for 7 years now and I honestly prefer the convenience of an automatic.

Never shift and you're fine. Unused to downshift, not anymore.

how to learn to drive the stick with an automatic car?

Let up on clutch until it begins to tug before you release brake. Problem solved

Disengage clutch, shift to neutral. Engage clutch again, then disengage and shift to desired gear.

Because I drive a chevy suburban

When you push in the clutch and rev match to a lower gear so that when you down shift it's not as hard on the drivetrain to adgust to the gearing change

Kek

Driving stick is too hard for me, I literally find it too hard to drive. Automatic is easy and chill

lazy

Tap the clutch shift out of a gear tap clutch again shift into next gear it's a dead art but still required during most cdl exams

AH! Thanks! That's what I thought, just never been sure.

It's not a troll it is true.

Manual transmissions, otherwise known as "stick shifts" have transferred into the realm of hipster-ism.

It is an inconvenient and outdated technology that exists ONLY to make a select few individuals somehow feel like they are "better" than others because they choose to use some obscure method of driving that few others choose to do.

While it is true that years ago a manual had practical benefits (better gas mileage) that is simply no longer the case.

There is absolutely reason to drive a manual on a new car unless you are an insufferable hipster.

In conclusion, yes. A stick shift is indeed a car fedora.

pic related, nigger.

(not mine, but same model)

In older cars, yes. You get better MPG.

In new cars with new automatic this is not true. You do not get better MPG. There is no practical benefit to a manual transmission in modern cars. In fact, modern automatics get better gas mileage than a manual.

13 speed here

I'd almost agree with you, except it is important to me that I can work on my stick truck at home, without 6 different proprietary computer gizmos and permission for a software unlock from the factory.. Sticks, particularly older ones that age well still have a place.

or just stop being an insufferable hipster and drive an automatic like everyone else who isn't a douchebag.

Because they dont make them anymore

26 speed here.

It is still the case, a manual transmission always weighs less than it's automatic counterpart, always offers more efficient power transfer to the driveline no matter how close newer automatics get, and clearly you have never driven a manual because it's very engaging and fun and really isn't really something there for "hipsters" or people who want to be better. I understand wanting an automatic for convenience or long trips, but it is certainly not a "car fedora" that is actually b8.

OK, you have a point. I had not thought of that.

As a former grease monkey I should have thought of that. However, I have simply had not had time or patience to work on my car myself for years so I did not.

Yes, if you want the convenience of fixing a transmission yourself a manual is still the way to go . I will concede your point on this.

Already have enough to do playing Pokemon, shitposting and drinking coffee. Manual is pleb. Use technology.

I do, a shitty Fucking mitsubishi that if I keep in second going below 8mph will stall. It's got 92hp and she's a loon slayer lemme tell ya

Enjoy replacing clutch service

A 5 second google search seems to disagree with your opinion.

Here is the 1st search result on "Modern automatic vs manual gas mileage"

edmunds.com/fuel-economy/five-myths-about-stick-shifts.html

You are a true gentleman, user. I tip my truck to you.

I do, faggot

Simpler and more reliable than a torque converter in an automatic which cost more to work on, but nice try.

I couldn't imagine owning this car in automatic... And besides, the trim model I bought only comes in a 6 speed manual.

Modern automatic transmission lasts 250k - 300k miles, same as engine rebuild.

Autos are coming close, It's getting more and more basically the same i'll give you that. But it will never surpass them and they will alway be more fun. It's not a bad thing to drive an auto i was just arguing that calling a manual fedora was really obvious b8,

I'm lazy

In some cars yes, But the expenses are the same over the same period of time because autos cost way more to work on.

It is 2016

>Automatic transmissions are incredibly efficient compared to just 10 years ago much less 20 or even 30 years ago.
mfw I've never owned a car newer than a 2002 model year

I do. it's the only right way to drive a sports car.

But i do.

That's called rev matching.

>brags about driving stick
>can't drive a real manual transmission
>faggots
pic related

>I can't afford to be picky right now
>first csr was stick
>next car will be stick
>manual master race

Amputated arm? can't use stick? that viable?

all rev matching is double clutching
but not all double clutching is rev matching

My 5 speed 2014 lancer

Well...this guy's gettin' doxed...

But I do drive stick. Nice trips.

Uh it's fucking hard?

how you figure

I am driving stick. I wish I didn't. It's inferior to auto in almost every way.

YOUR REASONABLE ARGUMENTS AND LEGITIMATE MEDICAL REASONS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. THIS IS A PLACE OF TROLLING AND HATRED.

Just the way I like it.

so easy sometimes i forget i'm driving manuel

I like to drive without having to move my hands and feet every time I speed up or slow down. Holy shit, smoking a bowl in a manual must be fucking hell. Yeah duh, if I had a performance car it'd be manual but not my everyday car.