Audio-Technica ATH-M50X: any good or just a meme?

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X: any good or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UrKy1EuO0k
youtube.com/watch?v=X6wBv03B1nk
soundcloud.com/tenstring/dimitris-wave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

both

both, would recommend.

>buying expensive """"""""pro"""""""" headsets to sit listening to 256kbps music on your computer
top kekerinho my friendo

get the sennheiser hd 558, unless sound leakage is a big no-no for you.

They're not as bassy but everything else sounds better. They're also so much more comfortable to wear.

They're dirt cheap though. Especially if you buy older models.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UrKy1EuO0k

I have those and am happy with them, only other things I've worn are shitty earbuds though

>headsets

they are pretty good and also a meme

I'm using them right now good sound quality feel really nice would recommend.

They're great. They're only a meme on here because they're at an easily accessible pricepoint and tend to be the first studio headphones people get after having earbuds,etc. But that doesn't mean they arent fantastic. Had mine for three years and still going strong.

they became a meme because they really are good affordable headphones.

They sound good but are really fatiguing to wear, both in terms of their very loud nature and the fact that they clamp on your head.

They no doubt sound good and are great for hip hop, just keep that in mind. They're not uncomfortable for short bursts at a time but they will wear on you.

they sound great, i take shit care of everything i own and they're still working fine after 3 years for me. if like me you're the kind of loser who has nothing to do so spends 8 hours + sitting at your computer wearing them then yes they will start to hurt. also the material on the head band bit has started to peel off recently

have had mine for a couple years and they are great. Perfect while djing too

I only have the 40x but they are supposed to be more neutral

What do you mean by their very loud nature?

Buy the superior m40x.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6wBv03B1nk

They're an acceptable entry level headphone. They're not amazing but if you're used to cheap shit you'll probably be impressed. In truth they are overly bassy with slightly fatiguing highs and a restricted soundstage. I'd say they're more suited to DJing than general music listening or music production.

>too lazy to find decent quality music even though its really fucking easy
???

there is literally no reason to go above 320 kbps anyway

triggered

the 40's are just as good and are a cheaper price. we A/B'd them with multiple ears and there is almost no audio quality difference. save yourself some money and get the 40's/

We can only hear 30fps anyway

if you're gonna draw a comparison between audio and visual mediums you should be talking about resolution not frame rate you shitposting memelord (in which case yes, there is also a point where improving the number of pixels is undetectable to the human eye)

They're heavier on the low end but not by that much

Get m40x

you got any recs for a 150- 200 dollar price range? thanks desu

I have both and this is truth

I believe M40X have better bass and comfort but I'm a poorfag who uses earbuds.

good but a little bass heavy

wow kill yourself my man

Only if your not making your own music, are an audio engineer or have £300+ headphones which you shouldn't if you're not either of the other two.

I have some. They're pretty good, (at least the quality sounds really nice to me, I haven't really listened to higher-grade headphones, I can tell you they definitely are a far cry from your iphone speaker or apple earbuds and the quality is much better in sound and you can hear shit you didn't before) so I don't know what sounds better, but buy them depending on how you're going to use them. They're closed ear, which means the sound won't leak out, other people won't be able to hear them around you. Buy these if you plan on using them on an airplane/car trip/anywhere in public. If you are strictly using them at home, the best (quality-price both considered) pair to get is Sennheiser hd598, but these leak sound (people around you can hear the sound). I have the m50xs because when I'm home I am pleased with the speaker quality of my computer and it's too much of a pain in the ass for me to wear headphones if im just booling in my room. If you're someone who plans on using headphones mainly at your house, consider the open 598s but know that you won't be able to use them in public without being a total piece of shit

price wise you should be able to find the m50xs for under 150 on amazon and same with sennheiser hd598s. if you want to go 598s consider doing the physical mod to 558s and saving a little bit of money. (you can google this)

if all of these options are not to your preference/ too expensive check out the sennheiser orpheus, real cheap and worth their price range

Shut the fuck up. Trash opinion for people who don't care about music.

>I have too much money and don't know how to use it productively

lol talking about stuff you don't know sasuga

I have a pair. They're my only headphones. They're good, I guess. I'm not an audiophile or anything, so I can't really go into why they're good. I've been thinking about maybe trying out some other headphones, which ones should I try out next?

>hurr durr I'm a fucking retard
literally all you're saying.

Depends what you're using them for. For home listening, no, you can do better (get a decent open headphone). For portable use I think they're actually a good choice.

For home listening get something like the Audio Technica AD900x or the Sennheiser HD558. Both will be way more comfortable and far more natural sounding.

I got these for a christmas present and Im happy. Good looking and nice voice quality.

Why can't y'all stop shitflinging at act like this nigga?

this

m40x vs m30x vs m50x.

rank them and tell me which is best/better and why.

M40x is best because it's the best

both, not a terrible headphone but there are better routes to take for sure.

HD 598

m40 and m50 are both memes and are both also good pairs of headphones

Just got these a couple days ago
Great fucking bones

theyre discontinued. nice meme, you fuck

One of my friends has these. They're fucking great. I'll probably get some soon.

Dude mine are in the mail right now and god I have such a fucking boner

I've read reviews that say clamping is an issue with these headphones. Is it worth it to buy some new pads or are the stock ones nice?

Meme?

(HD 598 Cs)

Same here and i agree 100%. The autistic mentality that popular = bad is why some people call them a meme.

They're great headphones.

Also please stop calling everything a meme.

You're gonna be able to hear your erection when you put them on. I'm stepping up from my well worn m50's (not x so I had to lug around a 35 meter cable) and they're fucking beautiful

I put em on a soccer ball overnight and the stock pads are great for me. I typically buy new pads every five months or so anyways so I might buy a couple brands for sonic reasons but they're comfy enough.

foam modded 558's sound nearly identical

What do you guys use for portable listening? Gym, travel, etc?

Grado PS1000e's at the gym

I got these a year ago and they are great out of the box for me, no alterations necessary. The stock pads are really soft but a tad shallow. I had the M50s before and the MSR7 has tighter, punchier and more subtle bass, more clarity and as a result slightly more piercing highs. More bright than the M50s - i like all these things, they were definitely worth they buy.

What pads would you recommend for the MSR7? I'm new to the game of picking out separate pads for my headphones and i wouldn't know where to start

No bloody idea. As i said i was happy with the stock ones so i never looked into it. Just look around on head-fi, i'm sure the answer is there.

M50x are good if you get them for $100 or less. M40x are better anyway.

yeah i have them they are nice

im just checking some reviews, there are some complaints about them falling apart after a year. Thoughts?

Haven't owned them, but every AT product I've owned has held up against incredibly rough use for 4+ years with no degradation of sound quality
Not to shill for them but I would shill for them

Oh, I've known for years that the old m50 was/is pretty much a low budget studio standard, and I do not need to be convinced of AT general quality. I just noticed that out of 6 reviews 3 of them complained about wear and tear after a year with these m40x's specifically. So I'm wondering if anyone here has owned them for a long time and could shine some light on that.

To be fair, they're $100. I wouldn't be surprised if they made sacrifices in build rather than sound

Only fags wear headphones. Y'all gonna get hit by a car

>getting out of moms basement ever
go away normie

I enjoyed your mom's basement last night

but thats where I was user

both. i have a pair - dont have any complaints.

>mfw HD 555's

they dont even make them anymore :( feels bad man.

Isn't this the fucking guy who was cumming on camera for the LSR305s? I actually listened to that review and went to a local guitar center to try them and buy a pair, only to find out that I actually didn't like them very much. I was really disappointed and wanted to believe everything he said was true about those.

ive had mine for a long while. the pads get hot after a bit and are uncomfortable. can they be swapped?

>bass heavy
>implying thats a possible

soundcloud.com/tenstring/dimitris-wave
Check out this track with those headphones if you decide to pick them up.