Could someone without meme speak explain the hodor scene why did he have a seizure that made him end up saying hold...

could someone without meme speak explain the hodor scene why did he have a seizure that made him end up saying hold door?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bran was in his head and they were both hearing things in the present/past and the future. All in Hodor's head. It fried his brain.

I'm not convinced it was time travel.

I think Hodor was just a greenseer and saw his own death at 10 years old. It fried his brain.

It's fucking magic man.

so bran took possession of holdor in the present yet he was still in the past whaaaa?

He took him while he was in the past, yes. Didn't you see the episode.

>warging back in time fucking with past timelines
>how did it fuck up someone in a past timeline
I mean, it's not hard to see....

Also magic, don't gotta explain shit.

oh i think i get it now he posessed hodor while in the past witch made him present hodor and that somehow changed his perception in the past or something idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This

It's a tv show you fucking simpleton. Eat your shit and shut your cunt mouth.

The writers are awful and they got so confused at their shitty writing they decided that it should confuse Hodor so hard he turns into a retard.

>just shut off youre brain bro XD

hold the door was martins idea since book one m80

Actually that came straight from GRRM.

youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg
around 5 min in.

>turning off your brain for a show made for the dumbest of dumbest cunts
How fucking braindead are you?

/thdr

This is correct.

Anta baka?

>/r/iamverysmart
dang bud what's youre iq

The main thing to remember is that Hodor's life is eternal torture. He is constantly racked with the knowledge he is doomed to be shredded by ice zombies, a knowledge that turns his brain to useless mush. And then he is forced to carry the person that will feed him to the undead around, wandering here and there until the moment he dies, yelling the same lame shit he has his whole life. And after he 'dies', then it starts all over again.

"Hodor" had been a happy enough lad living in Winterfell, then Bran pops in from the future and ruins him forever.

>old guy tells bran to listen
>bran hears meera
>bran wargs present hodor and starts running
>bran loses concentration
>accidentally wargs into vision hodor
>fucks him up

MAYBE, but I can guarantee that isn't how it happens.

i sure hope so

I was bummed out by Hodor's bum deal, but I couldn't stop laughing while he was stroking out.

I imagine it'll be similar enough. Maybe book version will have Hodor "hold the door" but fighting off enemies trying to get through a doorway versus actually keeping a door closed.

All in all it'll end the same way thematically, with Hodor's initial trauma being feedback from future instructions or Bran's warg control in the past turning into a repeating instruction throughout his life.

I think he was in the past the whole time, the present hodor was hodor himself
Bran just gave him courge or woke him up or something so he would help escaping.

If bran had control of hodor that means bran was the one holding the door and not hodor himself who made the sacrfice
that means he killed hodor without his consent

Why the fuck did the old man and bran warg in the first place when they knew they were being attacked? I could understand if the old man had one last important vision to show bran, but they were just fucking around in the courtyard of Winterfell. Why were they there in the first place?

>idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Are you underage or just a fucking mouthbreather? Who fucking talks like this?

No wonder why you didn't understand the fucking episode.

twinks and women talk like that.

the raven knew about how hodor gets fucked up in the first place, and he needed bran to be there to cause it. without hodor being hodor, they never would've gotten to the cave in the first place, or made it out

Yep.
That's why Bloodraven was telling Bran to listen to his friend when Meera was saying to "warg into Hodor".

HOW THE FUCK DID SOMETHING GO FROM BRAN'S EARS TO BRAN'S MIND PALACE TO HODOR'S MIND PALACE TO WYLLIS MIND-PALACE TO DRIVE HIM MAD

IT
MAKES
NO
SENSE

Inception

this 100%

the same Bran warged into present Hodor, but then accidentally warged into past Hodor

This caused a link between the two Hodors that drove past Hodor insane, with fear and dread and all that.

Ugh you faggots are so stupid Brandon injected young hodor with 1 task and that is to hold the fucking door. Hodor didn't know what he was supposed to do until his last moments. It was all unfolding, like fate.

I thought they could just see shit that trees had and not just wander anywhere and interact with things.

There's a weirwood like 5 seconds from winterfell cuckie

>Brann wargs into past Hodor
>Literally in complete control
>Gives command "Hold the door"
>Command makes no sense, breaks Hodor's mind
>Now permanently in the submissive state of being warged into with his primary directive as "Hold the door" but also willing to do anything else he's told
>Back to present, hold the door is finally possible
>Holds the door
>Mission complete, Brann no longer in his head, warg state ends
>Regains his mind just as he dies horribly

*posts le epic wehrmacht soldier to show how manly he is*

it wasn't bran saying to hold the door dumbass

WHY DIDN'T BRAN WARG INTO JOFFREY DURING HIS FATHER EXECUTION AND MAKE HIM RETARDED?

Yeah but last I checked Meera wasn't a time traveler or a warg. She yelled at Bran and he gave the command

Brann warged into past Hodor to connect to current hodor

That means everything present hodor is experiencing past hodor experiences too, that includes memories and everything Hodor has been through in his life is being streamlined into past hodor in a few seconds with the repeating command "hold the door"

this completely fries his brain

>bran and raven doing vision walk
>bran and raven hear meera yelling for bran to warg hodor
>raven tells bran to warg hodor
>bran wargs hodor in the presnt
>night king kills raven
>bran alone doing a vision walk with out supervision
>hears what's going on around his body
>he's focused on vision hodor
>a connection is made between vision bran and vision hodor
>vision hodor hears what bran hears, probably what hodor in the present is feeling/seeing/hearing
>his brain can't handle it and gets fried creating hodor in the past

That's why it doesn't make sense, it's supposed to be as if Hodor heard it through Bran, then lil-hodor heard that too when he was warged into

It was clearly shown that Bran has some sort of power over the past.

You can see how young Ned turns around when Bran calls his name.

Bran can now apparently warg into people in the past and control them in the present. Effectively melting their brains.

But as Bloodraven said, the past is the past and the ink is dry so I'm assuming Bran won't do it to anyone else since we don't have any other Hodor-like characters walking around.

The most tragic part about the scene is when his mother rushes to him and sees him twitching, not understanding what's happened, and Bran is just standing there knowing that he can never explain to them why he fell and that it was because of him and that even if he could find all those people who are all long dead now, even then he wouldn't be able to explain why he had to take her son's life without bursting into tears.

spoiler tag you fucking cunt

>Bran can now apparently warg into people in the past and control them in the present. Effectively melting their brains.

let's be clear about this. I doubt bran warged the vision hodor to control the present day hodor. He clearly warged present hodor directly and then made a connection with vision hodor to cause him to get brain fucked.

>Bran just gave him courge or woke him up or something so he would help escaping.

This

webm related, Hodor's eyes arent pale for the whole time but just for a second

"CARMELLA CAN YOU PLEASE HOLD THE DOOOOOOOOOOR?"

>clearly
I wouldn't say clearly user

I would because present hodor was warged way before vision hodor even reacted to anything.

He used past Hodor as a proxy to warg into present Hodor, which fried his brain.

This pretty much. He warged into young Hodor and basically fried his brain/traumatised him with a 30 year-long command to hold the door.

Yeah I hope that's the case. I don't like to imagine it was Bran controlling Hodor throughout that entire last scene.

>with a 30 year-long command to hold the door.

OH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!

I'm refining it.

Bran uses young Hodor as a bridge to old Hodor and gives the command to hold the door.

Because he's the bridge, young Hodor is aware of Bran, the command and old Hodor. His brain gets fried due to both the command and because he feels what his older self is experiencing. I think his seizures are Hodor being attacked by the Wights.

Young Hodor doesn't die, but he's felt his own death in the future and all he heard was 'hold the door' which makes him say that, as well as being given the command to hold the door when the time comes.

Why does past hodor have a scar on his face?

he got kicked in the head by a horse. In the books, that is the reason given for why he says hodor.

Thought there was some interesting foreshadowing for all of this back at the tower of joy, when bran speaks to ned and he appears to hear something. Shows that he can, in fact, interact with people in his little trips.

Something similar happened in one of the books, tree bran says something while ned is sharpening ice in the godswood at winterfell and he looks up but appears to decide it was just the wind.

This is correct, anything else is wrong.

It was a stroke.

What the fuck did he actually learn from Bloodraven? It doesn't seem like he actually accomplished or learned anything of value, and now he has nowhere to go.

he learned
>how to tap into the trees
>how to affect the past
>why the wights are being dicks

Hodor didn't avoid his dark future.

>Bran travels back to the start of the show
>Wargs into himself and doesn't climb the tower to see Jamie and Cersei fucking
>Changes the future
>Bran isn't a cripple
>Ned and everyone else is alive
>Ned says to Bran "Truly it was a Game of Thrones."
>Winks to the Camera

Why is bloodraven so chill with the children of the forest after he found out they made the thing that's killing everyone? Why is bran chill with it after he finds out? Why are they such forest child apologists?

And I read that the first men eventually signed some kind of peace treaty with the children- what happened to the white walkers then?

D&D make this happen please

now he can just find a tree again, go back to the time he is about to touch the tree and get detected by the white walker, keep himself from doing it, than carry on

>thousands of years old species of magic beings being suddenly killed by mere mortal humans who learnt how to put shit together and kill with it
>decide to experiment and create sentient beings capable of ending all life on the planet
>now Bran is supposed to 'learn' from them because they're supposed to be wise

>final episode
>white walkers have destroyed westeros
>the surviving armies engage in a desperate defense of winterfell
>they give bran enough time to transport a few thousand men and women and two dragons into the past
>Bran literally become bran the builder
>they become the first men

pottery

Fund it.

GUYS
GUISE
i figuered it all out

and then come the WW and kill everyone

>>now Bran is supposed to 'learn' from them because they're supposed to be wise
he's not learning from them.

Bran wargs into Past-Hodor.
Bran exists in the present, but his mind is in the past.
Past-Hodor's mind is sent to Present-Hodor.
He follows direction, unaware of what's happening.
Pulls the sled and hold the door.
The totality of his being in that moment is his desire to hold that door.
Present-Hodor dies as Past-Hodor experiences it as well.
Past Hodor's mind returns damaged by the experience.
His mind bears the scar of his dying thoughts.
Hold the door.

Your face when you realize Hodor knew. He knew as soon as the entered that tree that he would die there. He didn;t know exactly when, but he knew the end was coming.

>Dany finally reaches Westeros with her massive army
>Gendry or Jaime have beaten Dorne and control all of the southern armies
>Jon and Sansa lead the armies of the north
>all converge on one point
>the three armies stand, ready to fight in a mexican standoff
>Bran sees of a vision of this
>"you have to stop this Bran!"
>cue bran warging into the past and stopping it all from happening
>show ends with a scene where young Dany has managed to make her way to Westeros, begging for safety, and Bran gives her a nod

Bran was in the past, couldn't access present Hodor so he warged into Past Hodor (Walder). Then he used Walder to control Hodor in the cave. Walder could see what was happening but couldn't comprehend it, only understanding the command "Hold the Door". His conciousness that was in Hodor was destroyed and his brain fried as a result.

could you be any more gay?

great now GOT has a fucking time loop thing going on

for fuck's sake

God this time-travelling bullshit just fucking made everything worse since there's only 2 possibilities.

Either Bran is 100% fine with the sequence of events that have happened up to this point, including his family dying and becoming crippled and doesn't bother to change any of it.

Or Bran doesn't actually have the ability to influence the past that much and the Hodor shit was a fluke that was entirely unnecessary from a story-telling standpoint.

then who/what is bloodraven?

So am I being crazy or was the running through the tunnel scene the actors running in place?

some old guy who has the same powers as bran

Name me a story where introducing time travel as a one-time gimmick isnt completely ruined

So how is past Hodor hearing 'Hold the door'

no he didn't, present hodor was the one whose eyes flipped, meaning vision bran controlled present hodor. young hodor was fine until meera started yelling

>doesn't post le epic wehrmacht soldier to show how manly he is
faggot

I think this makes the most sense

They signed the peace to fight the walkers together my man, cue the long night and the last hero.

vision bran either unintentionally warged vision hodor, or made some connection he didn't know he could control, and he's passing on everything he's sensing from warging present time hodor ino vision hodor

Truth.

>create sentient beings capable of ending all life on the planet
>assplode into confetti when touched by Dragonglass

Great doomsday weapon

So the old guy in the tree is acually future Bran?

Has Hodor ever shown any fear or hesitance about entering the tree?

>everybody ignoring that Bran is the man in the tree

it is if you're the only one with dragon glass

not, he was a targ.

>Its a fat kid gets rekt on GoT episode

Imagine being so shit that your last chance at winning ends up fucking you up so badly that you need help from the enemies you sought to destroy with it to destroy it