Why is sailing a boat considered an Olympic Sport but driving a car isn't?

Why is sailing a boat considered an Olympic Sport but driving a car isn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7A7XJLhRVVE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no reason
why is throwing a ball an olympic sport but kicking a can isn't?

Why is clean and jerk an Olympic lift but power curls aren't?

>power curls
thats not a thing

Why is masturbation not a sport?

Why is power walking considered an Olympic Sport but jousting isn't?

Why is shooting a sport, but not paintball?

My guess is that it would get fucked up if you have brits driving german cars (for example) in the olympics, and if not they'd have to drive cars they arent used to, which would give some drivers a huge advantage over others. Also if a brit wins the F1 gold medal driving a mercedes, who is more deserving of that medal? UK or Germany? Engineering is like 90% of auto racing.

Then you have the licensing, would team mercedes even let their drivers drive other cars in the olympics? Sponsorship would become a huge issue. You'd also only have like 10 countries capable of funding an f1 team for the olympics.

Rally racing is more doable I guess, but you'd run into similar issues

Dyel?

Yes. How the fuck is a power curl different to a normal curl you retarded cunt?

Is an boat a athlete?

I think there's a bid to introduce jousting as an event

Sailing is pretty extreme. I wouldn't knock it until you have tried it tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=7A7XJLhRVVE

>driving a car isn't
But it is. It's just that IOC didn't decide to put it in.

Hardcore asf but I think his point was how arbitrary Olympic sports are. Car racing can be pretty extreme as well.

>Equestrianism is an olympic sport
>Archery is an olympic sport
>Horse archery isn't

???? explain this

There isn't an international association big enough for it to be officially acknowledged as a sport.

same could be argued about pentathlon

Put everyone in kz2s

I'm guessing it's in because of muh tradition (it was an event in the ancient Olympics), and because they bothered to add it in.

Imagine the second phase of a power clean but you're curling it

All of us can drive a car because it's easy. Not all of us can sail because it's difficult.

I can sail, it's not particularly difficult. It took me more time to get used to shifting gears than it took me to get jibing and taking, and parallel parking far more time than rigging.
You don't realize how complex driving is because you do it so much.

Go ahead and sling yourself off the port to counterbalance a 70mph gust.

go ahead and try to leave your house without a scooter

>another assmad hue
This olympics just gets better and better.

Sailing with 60 knots gusts is comparable to racing on a track, not with just driving a car. If you're going to compare the activities you have to do it on a similar level, and when you do that it turns out both of them present you with challenging situations.
The reason why racing isn't in the Olympics is most likely and not racing being easier

Wrestling is a sport

But Vince McMahon isn't running it

just try to win the fight against diabetes my doopin friend

Spec go-karts or formula BMW-type little things. Only drivers in feeder series allowed.

sailing is athletic as fuck, and requires more awareness and intelligence than the vast majority of other sports. it's more than a race, and involves adjusting to changing environmental conditions to a degree unlike any other game. it can be a solo sport or a team effort. it also involves being incredibly in-tune with very complex equipment. it can be anything from a dude on a board with a sail to billion dollar carbon fibre trimarans that only have one hull in the water at a time.

it's a pretty GOAT desu and definitely should be in the olympics. it's just too slow paced, too expensive and too boring for most people, especially for big races

Damn. This needs to be fixed.

>tfw england wont host the olympics again in my lifetime most likely
>tfw we didnt take our chance to introduce medevil combat and jousting tournaments

Main thing is, the sort of sailing there is at the olympics manages to make the crew more important than the boat itself, so it's more a competition between the people than the vehicles (while some long distance races are precisely that)
Motorsports are, deep down, machine competing against each other, and then a bit of human interaction. Sure,a great driver can make some difference but a great driver in a shitty car will not go anywhere.
They could introduce motorsport with some standard/uniformized cars.

>Mongolia 1
>Hungary 2
>Finland 3
no thanks