ITT: Underrated Albums

post albums that don't get enough love
pic related often gets overshadowed by Third, which sucks because IMO it's one of the best Canterbury-scene albums (Hatfield and the North-Rotter's Club is another)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qb5XZ4wYt_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old Tunes Volumes 1 & 2 are up there in quality with MHTRTC, Twoism, or The Campfire Headphase in terms of quality. While all the songs are less cohesive together, it causes a cool atmosphere. Forest Moon might be the best BoC song.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qb5XZ4wYt_U

Ive always loved these albums. theres one song on there that sounds to me like the first vaporwave song. Cant think of what its called atm.

I feel that Bundles is an underrated Soft Machine album, because of the lineup change. Allan really shines on this record.

I hope at least SOMEONE on here likes early Beegees as much as I do.

Years ahead of its time.

I cant say ive heard it. Ill give it a listen now.

This is overshadowed by T. Rex's (also very excellent) glam era.

Well, since you started with First, I gotta go with pic related. I got into both of them around the same time. Check it out if you haven't, OP.

Spirit these days is remembered as that band Led Zeppelin ripped Stairway To Heaven from. What they aren't remembered for is releasing this awesome work which entails the rock/jazz combo of prog that was starting to happen around that time, the blues stuff that was also getting VERY big around that time, but also somehow still maintaining a psychedelic bent to it all, creating something between 67-68 psych, King Crimson, and earlier Soft Machine stuff.

Not as popular during its release, it's been getting more love recently since it aged so well. Possibly thanks to them switching to Neil Young's producer David Briggs for this album.

If I make my own personal list of top 10 screamo favorites, the stuff most of the guys in this band released would make most of that list. Saetia, Hot Cross, and Off Minor are all great screamo bands.

thanks for the rec, user. ive honestly never listened to Spirit

Nils and Dan don't get nearly enough love in general.

Vol. 2 is their best album. Prove me wrong.

First two are about equal.
I like to just listen to them as one album.
I slightly prefer 1, because of Why Are We Sleeping.

but Vol. 2 is obvs superior
because Rivmic Melodies
and Dedicated to You...

pretty much all canterbury is ignored on here

national health, hatfield, egg, arzachel, and bruford all get criminally ignored

It's a rock scene.
At least we like Gong.

It has a lot of 10/10 songs on it like Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, So Far, Love Game, Headlights, and Evil Twin. Easily Em's best work in the last decade.

U. K. An amazing band, with two equally amazing lineups, two great albums and timeless classics. Even I as a fan of the Canterbury scene often forget about them.

great album and great album cover

Agreed