ROKU

Who /ROKU/ here?

Is the box even worth it? Which one should I buy? Favorite Channels/Apps?

ROKU/MEDIABOX thread.

Chink box + KODI here

What does that mean? I'm new to the world of mediaboxes. TEACH ME

Chink boxes are no-name Android boxes from ebay/ali
KODI is a media player app that has add-ons for streaming sites. All really well organized and easy to use.

I've been using a chromecast for a while now and just control it from my smartphone.

are there any tricks to kodi? My friend put it on my computer and I can only watch genesis(i think) but only under the tab for what other people are watching?

nigga, just hook up an old laptop to your tv, why the fuck would you get a cheap af and worthless roku or android box

Im all about that Nvidia Shield life

>being this ghetto
>in the year 1800 + 216

I have a desktop hooked up to my living room but my step-mom and little step-sisters hog it because their tvs just lost cable. This is cheaper than a cheap computer mah niggs.

This desu

>wanting a shitty $30 box instead of a multi-core processor with 16GB of ram, Windows, any media software you could want, with the ability to control via wireless keyboard/mouse combo or smartphone
pleb

Best chinkbox?

RasPi 3 with OSMC here. It just werks

>16 gigs ram for watching movies

>he only uses his tv to watch movies
>he uses computers with less than 16GB of RAM

I hate to go full Sup Forums on you, but op has to be a viral marketer.

Nah bro, I've just been shrugging these little bastards off since I had a desktop hooked up to my main tv. But I need something cheap to keep the rest of my family away from the main tv and into their rooms.

Plywood and nails

how to get free roku, like match tv and all that?

>not having an HTPC + NAS setup

you're the pleb here.

I just use my PS4 lmfao get a job you plens

>implying I don't have this set up
fucking retard

you clearly don't if you use your HTPC for other things, as exhibited here, .

also you're a dumbass if you put 16 gigs of ram in your HTPC and not your NAS box

my laptop had 16gb in it already idiot. I just repurposed it for my HTPC