did you attend any?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4SSsuo_kz1k?t=3m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=adcbaSK2fVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Opeth was great

sleep

I don't like concerts.

I'm going to see Opeth too next march, are going to do Sorceress songs? (didn't really dig them)

Saw the Dillinger escape plan in Philly last month godly show

that's okay man i understand crowds are a shitty place to be sometimes.

i saw enter shikari, that gig they put on a vinyl this year, was quite good to be honest.
and umm.. death grips halloween show. their halloween costume was suits. fuckin' witnessed.

oh i also saw dubstep pioneers caspa and rusko at a sweaty tiny basement in east london. dropped acid there. this is how you time travel

Radiohead's entire tour this year was pretty on point

well except they only got burn the witch to sound good once or twice maybe

swans

seeing guided by voices for the second time this year on new year's eve, presumably going into new year's day. ask me afterwards

What's the appeal when you can only hear Gira's guitar turned to 18

Best gig I had ever been to was this year - Micheal Rother + Hans Lampe. Thought it wouldn't be that good since they were in their late 60s but I got absolutely blown away. They played a few songs that hadn't been put to studio and it sounded like the best material he had written in years, and the arrangement of Seeland is better than the studio version.

I saw primal scream this year as well - they seemed to play fairly well (and a good set list) but in the big venue the guitars and piano failed to be punchy enough to act as dance music. Also they overrelied on samples, but the fact they bought the gospel singers that sang on the original songs was a really nice touch.

Springsteen's The River Tour in Seattle was the best show I've ever seen

saw crystal castles shit was fucking wild

I saw deftones this year
Was alright, they still got it
They played really old songs in the encore, Root and Engine #9
And only like 2 songs from Gore made it in the set kek

they will never be the same when was alice

Burn the Witch was always going to be garbage without the strings anyway

Plus they more than made up for it with the rest of the songs. Let Down and 2+2=5 coming back, Talk Show Host and Idioteque getting reworked, and Ful Stop (and hopefully Deck's Dark) almost certainly becoming a staple of their live set. The new songs were definitely 50/50 live and I wish they had brought back some older tunes (RIP Morning Bell/Knives Out :( and Optimistic only showed up once)but I think they're going to get a lot better as the years go on like some of the songs from TKOL (Feral fucking brought down the house when they played it on this one)

Plus bringing back Fake Plastic Trees for the finale was great, I rewatch the videos of it happening a lot just to hear the crowd lose its goddamn mind as soon as he sings the first line

saw prodigy
absolute pish if you're sober.
thank god i was off my fucking face so i had. . . . fun.

yea but tom wails absolutely offkey during BtW

it just so happens that the king of limbs, while being a weak link in their non-pablo discography, actually provides for great live material, while AMSP is a superb album but does poorly live. Just my opinion though.

Agreed on Talk Show Host. I could listen to that new outro for ages, actually they should just jam more together, it's always such a treat to hear a band as matured as Radiohead just bounce off each other. And bringing back Creep was sweet too, they seem to finally be able to just blarg it out with ironic smiles on their faces, it's not like it would be difficult to play or anything, really helps the crowd to come together for a singsong

Thom* sorry

tfw youtu.be/4SSsuo_kz1k?t=3m40s
thoms solo fucking kills me I wish there were some good soundboard recordings from this tour

I agree that AMSP is great on record but not so great live (with the exception of Ful Stop) but I actually really like TKOL and I'm mixed on how they do it live. They certainly sound great live and Bloom in particular is one of my favorites period but I think that they kind of lose something in the transition. Part of what makes TKOL so special and so unique in their discography for me is all the weird cuts and looping and little electronic quirks, and when they do the songs live they kind of drop all that and just turn them into their usual alt-rock fare which is still great but it loses some of the magic imo. I definitely love the live Separator a hundred times more than the TKOL one though, just like Talk Show Host it's gotten a lot better with age

Creep coming back was hilarious, I never thought they would do it. Personally I would rather they use the spot to play something else that would have gotten cut but it's fun to have in some of them. My friends had a running bet at their Lolla show whether they would play it or not and I burst out laughing and cheering as soon as they did their goodbyes and started Karma Police as their last song

>tfw 6 interesting bands/artists came in november but only went to see 1 because I'm scared of asking money from parents
>it was an interview
I need to get a job, Nicolas Jaar is already coming here which is great for the country I'm living in

I saw Demolition Hammer back in June and it was a dream come true.

Steven Wilson

Saw him in Portland on the 3rd of November. It was his birthday. He told the crowd he was going to go fucking nuts to celebrate, and goddamn did he deliver.

Day for night

Boris performing Pink in full was amazing

i could hear every instrument

>tfw almost got to go to both of these but missed out on both
It hurts so much Anons help me through the pain
What are the odds that Boris and Aphex Twin come back to the US anytime soon?
Also who can Day For Night pull next year? I have a hard time imagining a lineup that tops the one from this year desu

I saw SOPHIE in some college student union with like 40 other people it was sick

Animal Collective wins worst show of the year

Animal Collective was unreal both times I saw them this year. Loch Raven, Bees, Daily Routine, Guys Eyes, Summer Time Clothes, Kids on Holiday, Water Curses, the Jimmy Mack cover, and Alvin Row were all amazing, and the PW songs sound way better live except Floridada. Overall a really great tour and I've already got tickets to see them on the third leg, cant wait to see what older songs they throw in the set list this time around.

I almost paid $70 to see AnCo but I got sick and couldn't go
Really glad I didn't desu after seeing the setlist I still like them a lot and I liked the idea behind PW but I couldnt stomach it at all

I didn't know they did Kids On Holiday
How did they play it?

I think you should have a pretty decent chance of seeing Boris sometime in the next few years, they tour fairly frequently.
Aphex is a wildcard though, he's been very active recently so the chance that he would come by again soon is higher than it was a few years ago but who knows, RDJ is a bit of an absolute madman

Boris w/Earth at The Wonder Ballroom in Portland.

Melvins w/Melt-Banana and Napalm Death at the Roseland and Carcass at the Hi-Fi Lounge in Eugene are honorable mentions.

Angel Olsen in lismore here in Australia

she was fucking fantastic

BLACK SABATH

I went to see Boris in Montreal, Earth wasn't with them in Canada but they had a cool local drone band instead.
The entire trip I took to Montreal was my highlight of 2016 and seeing Boris made it a 10/10.

LCD Soundsystem

The fastest and most surreal hour and a half I've ever experienced and I was only tipsy from a few drinks

Brand New/mewithoutYou, and Animal Collective were my favourites.

It was fucking great, very slow and lurching all building up to that outro with Avey screaming at the top of his lungs.

It was much heavier than the sung tongs version, still did a great job generating that feeling that youre completely lost in some crazy foreign bazaar though

I wouldnt have paid 70$ to go either way, especially if you really werent into PW. I do think the songs sound a lot better live since they do a lot of cool instrumental stuff to bridge everything together and give you a break from all the hocketing, but they play almost the entire album so I could understand not being into that.

swans
missed both of those, still upset
saw boris and earth separately 2 or 3 years back though, both were kinda iffy. might've been the venue though, doug fir is iffy, seems like it's built for hanging out while a band plays vs. focusing on a band, dunno

saw Melvin with napalm death in minneapolis. Melvin and napalm death were godly meanwhile melt banana was trash.

Saw Sturgill Simpson in Chattanooga in the spring and Nashville in the fall, definitely two of the best shows I’ve ever been to.

tie between

youtube.com/watch?v=adcbaSK2fVk

and

gorguts, brain tentacles, intronaut, widower

Man dfn probably won't be able to top this years lineup in all honesty.
Though what I do know is that with all the money the got from this years fest they'll book even more rare shit reunions next year so literally anything imaginable could happen

>they'll book even more rare shit reunions next year
Oh shit yeah good point
I figured next year they would try and grab Autechre or someone but I didn't even think of that, it'll be interesting to see who shows up in that case

Oh shit I totally forgot about Brand New
Showed up too late to see Modern Baseball and the crowd was absolute ass but the show was goddamn transcendent. The light show, the music, everything. Genuinely one of the best experiences of my life.

Spent the night in a friend's basement and had to drive back before my morning class too but shit man it was worth it

Kanye was awesome, no bullshit happened at my show so it was bliss

>melt banana

Man, the melt banana show I saw was insane. Best concert I saw this year but it might have been because of a good small venue.

I went to a lot of weird fucking shows this year, I'd say my favorites were Insane clown posse (not a fan but a friend had a spare ticket, honestly fun as fuck,) Death grips, Teen suicide and The Garden (again not the biggest fan but it was a lot of fun.)

Next year hoping to see clipping and Full of hell, but somehow whenever i purchase my own tickets and get excited over a show it either gets cancelled, i end up missing it or i get kicked out.

>i get kicked out.
for drinking under age?

jealous
jealous
jealous

Boris came to Russia for the first time ever this year, it was pretty awesome

I saw Death Grips at the Roundhouse Halloween show where they wore suits

Mura Masa was great, full of hot girls

Steve Reich was weird and long, but totally immersive and was better if you closed your eyes

Amon Tobin just played neuro drum n' bass for about an hour and a half, didn't really get too experimental with it which was a shame

bruv death grips was way cray. i couldn't believe what's happening around me. kinda made me feel old too, but i loved it. and i met a russian dominatrix outside the show who i went for a pint with hahah

let me guess amon tobin was the dj set in brixton? was it at least enjoyable? neuro dnb is fun usually

dillinger shows are always amazing

Pharaoh Sanders. It was an almost spiritual experience

>pharoah sanders
Kill yourself

hi this is OP. please leave my thread you are not welcome here anymore

Hello there faggot, I don't give a fuck about your shit thread. Pharoah Sanders is a talentless hack and needs to die like the mudslime nigger he is.

>wah wah racism on the internet he must be le poll xd
I swear to god newfags flooding this place.

Take your shitty RYMcore and go back to /r/listentothis

Didn't go to that many.

I really enjoyed Morrissey.

thought there'd be some other Sup Forumstants there at DG haha.

yeah Amon Tobin was enjoyable and got really sweaty, neuro dnb is cool, but I felt like the support act Memory9 was more interesting

and ye it was the one in brixton

>Pharaoh Sanders. It was an almost spiritual experience
Was it all mellow or did he play any skronk?

I went to gizzfest in november. It was crazy good.

>gizzfest
gross dude

Saw Death Grips in Manchester, few small post-rock events and 65daysofstatic in Sheffield.

>65daysofstatic
Hello /r/indieheads!

Dean Ween Group and Meat Puppets. It was pretty great.

i considered literally spraying "who Sup Forums here" on a tshirt and go to thr gig but i realized i'm not that autistic of a sperglord so just wore my YLHCSD s/t album cover tshirt cuz it's fucking brutal mate.
the whole thing just made me wonder how come that it was way more fun, moshy and sweaty than any fucking metal performance. i had the opportunity to also see the crowd from the upstairs stalls in the beginning, honestly the whole place was an absolute moshpit. would go again probably

Saw Rick Astley. Quite nice actually.