What is this thing? is it a man or a woman? what is it?

this thing looks weird.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBSG3CRAtwk
youtube.com/watch?v=NmXQKMjEC8E
youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
impoppy.bandcamp.com/album/3-36-music-to-sleep-to
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally thought she was cgi at first

Looks like a sweet, innocent little 15 year old girl. Probably has never harmed a fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBSG3CRAtwk

especially here it has no body structure of a woman at all and it is 21 years of age.

>this channel

A brave new world indeed

It's an interesting project. It's not weird-lmao for the sake of it. It explores naivety and depravity.
If u like BoC or Tim and Eric but think things like MDE and reddit suicide memes suck, might want to check this project out

Called "This Poppy".

Sort of feels like a corporation's attempt to gentrify dank memes.

I like poppy's music unironically. Eat my ass.

>It's an interesting project. It's not weird-lmao for the sake of it.
this. people here are always so quick to dismiss the weirdness as some kind of marketing gimmick, but that's the whole point of the project. i think it's pretty interesting and innovative
>inb4 pc music
what they're doing is great too

are you poppy?

youtube.com/watch?v=NmXQKMjEC8E

Good explanation. Great channel if your into /x/

It's just weirdness trying to sell you crap. You fell for a meme. A filthy commercial meme.

There is nothing to this.

is this that nonsense about monarch programming? it's just a performance art piece lol why should we believe that she was actually brainwashed?

>t. incapable of using critical thinking

You don't have to agree with all his interpretations, but the overall concept of it being an art piece is there.

No, the guy in the video shows that it's a piece of performance art, but a piece of performance art that seems at least loosely based on the monarch theory.

It's because I think critically I see through this bullshit. Normies think this weird because they're basic as fuck. I bet you like Don't Hug Me I'm Scared as well.

If she didn't sell a bunch merch maybe I'd believe there was some artistic merit to this. As it stands it's just trying to cash in on weirdness being popular.

they're trying to make money on this. why does that surprise you? idk if the purpose is to make money, but all in all, its interesting.

Actually think the music is the least interesting part of this project. On Interscope and used to be on Island so yeah a major label artist, not that that matters to me.

>Normies think this weird because they're basic as fuck
>people only like it because it's weird
it's the fact that you're thinking about it like this that shows you haven't put any critical thought towards it.

i don't like it because it's weird. the weirdness has nothing to do with my opinion of the poppy project. i like it because it's an extremely well-thought-out critique of modern popstars and the music industry. she was actually signed to island and interscope records for a period of time. she released normal radio pop ep with them, and then self-released a full-length ambient album. that's the first time a fake-plastic popstar has ever done anything like that. and that's the point. it's a project that's supposed to critique and at the same time transcend the common tropes that have begun to define the shitty popstar of today's day and age. and then on top of all that, there's the cryptic lynchian videos. the whole thing is just really well-rounded and you can tell that titanic put a TON of thought and work into making this happen.

stop being so small-minded. i don't like it because it's weird. i like it because conceptually it's brilliant.

also,
>I bet you like Don't Hug Me I'm Scared as well.
no. those are babby's first postmodernism, and they suffer from an extreme lack of subtlety and restraint.

damn. that was one ebin fedora tip. bravo sir user. sincerely. i hope the other user is drowning in tears of shame.

t. drunk user

p.s.

poppy is such a waifu

i wish it would sit on my face

Just looking into this now. There's nothing too significant about the music and the videos aren't that weird. What am I missing?

Lowlife is a legit good song.

youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY

It's a talentless teen using internet maymays for self-promotion

humanity

So much this.

Vaporwave and memes are cashing in fellas

but she's not even on a major label anymore. look at her new album.
impoppy.bandcamp.com/album/3-36-music-to-sleep-to
she was only signed to that big label in the beginning to make her seem even more enigmatic. i'm honestly surprised she was even able to get on there to begin with.

stop

i really just don't understand the unjustified hate