Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk Begins Shooting

>Christopher Nolan has started shooting World War II action-thriller “Dunkirk” for Warner Bros. in Dunkirk, France — site of the massive 1940 military evacuation. “Dunkirk” will focus on the rescue through a quickly assembled British fleet of more than 800 boats, which saved more than 335,000 soldiers who had been cut off by the German Army. As the rescue was concluding, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill told Parliament, “We shall fight on beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender.”

>Nolan is shooting “Dunkirk” from his own screenplay on a combination of Imax 65mm and 65mm large format film. “Dunkirk” hits theaters on July 21, 2017.

>The cast includes Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy and Fionn Whitehead. The ensemble cast also includes Aneurin Barnard, Harry Styles, James D’Arcy, Jack Lowden and Barry Keoghan.

>The film is being produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas, who have teamed on “Interstellar,” “Inception” and the Dark Knight trilogy with Jake Myers serving as executive producer. Hoyte van Hoytema (“Interstellar,” “Spectre”) is the cinematographer. “Dunkirk” will shoot in France, Holland, the U.K. and Los Angeles.

The savior of cinema has returned, bros. Are you ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/christopher-nolan-dunkirk-filming-france-1201781045/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heres the link:

variety.com/2016/film/news/christopher-nolan-dunkirk-filming-france-1201781045/

Are you guys hype for this generation's Saving Private Ryan?

K I N O
I
N
O

Christopher 'Leave Warkino To Me' Nolan

So at what point while the US Navy arrive to save the poor ol' limeys from the Nazis do you reckon? Or will it focus on one of the many squadrons of volunteer American fighter pilots who saved the Brits by destroying the unstoppable Nazi warship the 'Tirpitz' just as it was about to sink the evacuation fleet?

Good question

>Mfw Nolan is oscar baiting with a big Spielberg-style wwii warfilm instead of sticking to creating high budget sci fi movies with his original scripts that he's good at and is the only one providing it in the whole industry

>“Dunkirk” will focus on the rescue through a quickly assembled British fleet of more than 800 boats, which saved more than 335,000 soldiers who had been cut off by the German Army.

{spoiler]Uh, you dont get to bring friends

>Due to the distance and over the wind, it was hard to make out what was being said but it was clear that director Christopher Nolan was shouting, running and waving his arms a lot. Indeed, combined with the brown trenchcoat, from our perspective it almost looked like the director was acting in the film himself. At one hilarious point we noted him pointing at one of the various cutouts and then shouting at singer-turned-actor Harry Styles before pointing back towards the cutout and shouting again

Was getting cut off part of their plan?

>Diet Mick Jagger
will be the plane scene in movie form

Eternal Anglo will portray the Germans as bloodthirsty savages and the French as spineless cowards.

>General Pavel, I'm Royal Navy

>no Aidan
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>that he's good at

Guarantee it will ignore the fact that the Germans purposefully let them escape to try to negotiate a white peace.

Facts are anti-Semitic!

...Yeah? The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar. What's intriguing about those movies? The setting, the whatatwiist-plots, spectacle and hans zimmer music. The Dark Knight was great too, but that was before capeshit started to get popular, the movie felt fresh and offered something others didn't at the time, so it might as well have been lumped into the same category as his other movies.

>The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar
>good

>Guarantee it will ignore the fact that the Germans purposefully let them escape to try to negotiate a white peace.

Debatable.

>Harry Styles is playing a lead role

Film's already ruined.

>greentext
>cat memes
10/10 made me reply two times

It will be R-rated r-r-right guys???

We already had the best Dunkirk movie, it's called Atonement.

>Atonement

eeeh/10

I guess I'm hyped just because I'm itching for a well done well budgeted WW2 film. Nolan is a decent director, the cast looks decent, hopefully the effects and story will be good.

I get the positive propaganda aspect of the story but if you are going to make a British WW2 movie, why not make it about an actual battle, rather than the story of how the British got their shit pushed in and barely made it back to England alive. I wonder if they'll play the narrative that Hitler paused which allowed them time to escape.

Either way I'm hype, not enough war movies in the last few years.

>Harry Styles

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Has a reason been given why the guy from One Direction is in this film?
I swear he's never acted before, seems like a massive deal unless he gets his head blown off in the first few minutes

Band of Brothers featured Donny from New Kids On The Block, and he turned in one of the best performances in the series.

>Brit makes a movie about that time they fled like bitches to their rock while we covered their asses

>We probably won't get a mention

Keep at it, island apes.

I enjoyed Fury.

WW2 movies are at their best when they show the horrors of war without resorting to the six million.

>Evacuation

Fucking lel

It was a disorderly retreat and disastrous pathetic defeat for the allieds, the only reason they weren't obliterated and ran into the sea was because Hitler ordered the tank divisions to stop as a sign of his good will and willingness to engage in peace talks despite the allieds having declared war first.

This movie is going to be 100% zionist moneylender-funded revisionist pro-allied propaganda falsifying the actual events and their background facts in the mind of the public, calling it now.

They'll prolly even throw in le ebul jermin soldier scenes a la Spielberg

>no black characters

dropped

Apparently his audition was great

I want this movie to do well so there are more like this. There are a few battles and campaigns that deserve their own movie. I hope they make Monte Cassino next. There were like 10 armies fighting there.

I forgot about Fury, I guess I should check it out.

>Fionn Whitehead
>there is an expression ''white hot''
>based Nolan literally casted a hothead in his film
>big guy is in it

will watch.

dunkirk was an actual battle though, I'm sure they'll show that side of it even if most of it focuses on the actual evacuation

Germany tried to save France
they failed

France is dead today

This

How do you enjoy German cock, you fucking faggot ? Germany tried to destroy France. America did it instead. There's nothing good about any of them.

no he had to halt the attack because he was too busy fingering his b-hole. read a book

My mate auditioned for this. Looks like he didn't get it.

that's roough lad

The king is back!

We were reading through the lines high as a kite last time I was in London.

I'd laugh if Harry Styles got the role ahead of him. Gonna give him some shit about it.

July 21st is my birthday, great present.

>nolan making a film that doesn't have some fucking gimmick

Now that he doesn't have some stupid plebeian-friendly concept to rope plebs in and distract them, even the plebbest of plebs will realize what a fucking hack he is

Nothing happened at Dunkirk except sitting around and then running away.

The scene in Atonement pretty much covered it all.

If the Germans had attempted to attack the beach head, they'd of had a real fun time, you revisionist fuck : ^ )

Can't wait for the scenes of exposition explaining World War II

Just understand that Fury is pure Pulp made in the style of a Eastern European art-war pic or a Peckinpah movie.

It's kind of jarring.

Stop replying to bait. But the British would have been annihilated them if the Germans gave them their full attention. They got away since the French kept fighting long enough to keep the pressure off them.

Why would you expect that?

Is that what Come and See is like? I've never watched it.

>A Christopher Nolan joint
Why wouldn't I?

Can't wait for the scenes of exposition explaining what a boat is

No, Come and See is about the madness and chaos of war
Fury is about Americans lasering Germans

>lasering

kek

I can't think of another movie that got the different colored tracers correct that was a nice touch.

Right I see what you mean. I sure love all those expository scenes explaining the technology and industry behind dreamstealing in Inception, or the very detailed 15-minute narration of how the world came to such a disastrous state in Interstellar.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not.

>I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not.

That's funny. I was thinking the same of you.

>I unironically enjoy Nolan's screenplays

if the lead character isnt a female of color im gonna riot in the streets

There were scenes explaining the "logic" of dreams in Inception
There were scenes and random conversations explaining the blight in Interstellar

How many times have you peddled the same revisionist "hurr durr da joos" shit in this thread now?

Three, four times is it?