Anyone familiar with the NHS and what can be offered to patients?

Anyone familiar with the NHS and what can be offered to patients?

I am 32 years old and I'd say an above average looking person. Only the past 3 years I have started to avoid confrontation because of developing two cebaceous cysts on the side of my face, about an inch from my mouth.

Now one is just like a hard ball, which is a little unsightly, but next to it is another hard lump with a hole that possibly 3 times a day either pusses or releases keratin which smells incredibly vile.

I have avoided getting back into the dating scene for this reason and numerous trips to the doctor resulting in my being perscribed cream that does fuck all.

A couple of months ago I broke down in front of my doctor, saying how much i needed it removed and how it was negatively effecting my life and he gave me a box of citralopram (Anti-depressents). Taking one of these made me feel so bad and I was having suicidal thoughts.

Is this bad practice? The surgery is so easy to remove a cyst, and it is obvious that it is causing all my problems with getting close to people as I once was. Why am I being perscribed these pills instead? Is there anything I can do?

Pic is not me but similar, lower down, closer to lip

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump to help OP

>Above average looking
>Has facial hair and a fat face
OK

Samefag

>Above average looking person
>post picture showing the contrary

Can't read can you, he states quite clearly that pic is not op

NHS doesn't do plastic surgery to improve cosmetic appearance

OP, why the hell are you not just going to another doctor?

I had one of those on my scalp probably 4x the size of the one in the pic. They cut it out no prob.

Still samefagging

>not reading the post
You're an idiot

I have heard this, but also many reports of cosmetic surgery being done in order to remove lumps which cause pain or depression.

Dumb shit he said pic isn't him. Learn to read the whole post

Water fast for a month.

Just get a job and pay for it privately to be removed. It's not exactly going to break you financially.

just demand the GP to refer you to a dermatologist or whoever deals with cyst (if it is a cyst, it might just be a large ingrown zit)
they dont do anything solely for cosmetic reasons only medical reasons.
if the GP wont refer you (he will) then just get another GP

I live in a small village where there are 3 doctors. I don't think going to the guy in the next office will be a second opinion if that makes sense.

The prescribing on anti depressants kind of scared me... I don't know how he reached that conclusion.

They tend to only approve massively disfiguring diseases.

You are in for an uphill battle getting this approved. You could fight it for a year or more with no results. I suggest you save yourself the drama and just pay privately. For a small mass like that it won't cost too much.

You can either go online and fill out the application for health coverage or look for a navigator to assist you. Then youll find out what programs you qualify for. Doesnt cost anything to do.

> I'd say an above average looking person.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

go fuck yourself retard

Sent from my Android phone

all you say its its leading you to depression and anxiety, EZ mode, i got laser surgery on my eyes for this.

This is somthing I have considered but the price is just shy of £1000.

I have a job, although with bills etc it would take a while to save that amount. I also have some kind of feeling that I am entitled to the NHS doing it for free. I hardly ever go to the doctor yet i have been paying my national insurance for 15 years.