Honestly

Aren't u just a little embarrassed that you're part of a collective that has such cringy taste in music??

ITCOTCK - 10/10
RiL - 9/10
MBV - 8/10
Burial - 7/10

Everything else - 0/10.

her head is a slice of melon btw
10/10

it's not cringe if you listen only to the ones you like and don't feel superior for trying hard to like them all

What's your favorite album?

>Rating Burial above Exmilitary
Kys my man, both those albums have the whole lo-fi shit going for them but Exmilitary actually has passion behind it. Burial is just repetitive drum loops and repetitive samples with reverb thrown over them.

Exmilitary takes sampling in a new direction and while it may have influenced a lot of SoundCloud shit posting, it also led Death Grips into the masterpiece's that are TMS and NOTM

This.

OP you're the one being cringe here by just complaining about Sup Forums instead of actually posting what in your opinion are good albums in hopes to change it.

Just like any other Sup Forums cuck you want to complain and make broad statements without anything backing you up

this kind of post is the most embarrassing thing about this board

>Amazing
ITAOTS
LFSFLATH

>Great
Remain In Light
STGSTV
Spiderland

>Good
Exmilitary
ITCOTCK
Kid A

>Ok
MBDTF
Loveless
Untrue

>Not good
American Football

>Exmilitary takes sampling in a new direction
no it doesn't...

I only listen to spiderland out of the Sup Forumscore albums. Many people here get stuck on Sup Forumscore and never explore more music and I find that really sad

nah, just newfags
they will just never stop coming and acting like we treat their '''''opinions''''' seriously

>What is Beware
>What is Culture Shock
>What is Thru the Walls

Granted they're influenced by the likes of El-P and Bomb Squad, but the caustic style on this album is pretty unique

Nah I'm pretty sure most people who come here just grow to resent Sup Forumscore and never do anything but shitpost about how 'bad' it is

>>What is Beware
>What is Culture Shock
>What is Thru the Walls
go on pls explain how those samples are new?

i bet you're fun

>no girls allowed xD

You're a little bit retarded if you think Exmilitary is a pinnacle in music.
Totally agree. American Football is fun, but it's shit.
When you're unable to get good recs it doesn't help either. We need a chart on how to listen to more diverse shit after listening to just Sup Forumscore.

I'd argue that Slint and GYBE are good too. I don't really like RiL tho.

>we need a chart to tell us how to listen to music
you fucking faggot.

>RiL - 9/10
...You're ok with me.

Well, not really how to listen to music, but how to get into other genres instead of sticking inside of our comfort zone. Like pic related, but central to everything is Sup Forumscore instead of shit-tier shoezage albums. It's not showing us how to listen to music, but what we'll enjoy if we like certain albums.

but thats pretty self-explanatory if you use your brain.
If you like a certain Sup Forumscore album explore the artist and the genre its in. even google albums that sound X
you don't need a chart after awhile

Sup Forumscore... is good

>Many people here get stuck on Sup Forumscore and never explore more music and I find that really sad
How would you even know this on an anonymous board? Even 3x3/4x4/5x5 threads don't reflect this.

They aren't new they're just used differently than in a traditional hip hop album

not him
but on chart threads or fav album threads its pretty obvious. majority of those types stay away from 3x3 threads after getting btfo for the same ol albums

I'm not saying Exmilitary is a pinnacle, just that it's more creative than Burial

again how is it more creative than burial?
you not making any legit arguments on how besides you being subjective bias to death grips.

>part of a collective
>for posting on the music section of a tibetan art supply forum

>Sup Forums has problems moving beyond a chart of approved albums and discussion suffers as a result
>lets make a slightly bigger chart
Sup Forums needs to be weaned off the small number of very limited sources it uses for discovery and develop a little initiative.

I'm not.

have you got any suggestions?

i was the one who choosed the official Sup Forumscore so please shut up

>mfw the only one of those I listen to is Burial

ur fagit,op

>posting the outdated chart

>find an album you like
>listen to the artist
>listen to the genre the artist belongs
>watch the artist give interviews and wait for them to mention influences
>listen to the influences
>listen to the influences of the influences
repeat steps

im embarrassed to be a member of my own family so i dont mind really

>Using the word "cringe" in 2017 almost
>Thinking your taste is better than Sup Forumscore
>Not realizing people who are Sup Forumscore drones get ripped on anyways here

Listen here poseur, there is nothing wrong with Sup Forumscore. Go jack off to Coil

I like very little Sup Forumscore, or haven't even heard it, but since 2010 this place has either shown me some of my favorite bands, or put me on the track to finding them. This board has really sharpened my ability to seek out new music.

So short answer: no.

Late ass reply, but check out the labels of artists you like. Most smaller labels will focus on a specific genre or scene, especially if you look at the same time period. Collaborators of artists you like is always a good avenue. Check out who influenced those artists. Read a book or a zine about the genre/scene.
Hell, if you're just starting out the wikipedia article for a genre can give you a basic overview of the significant labels and artists of a genre along with far more context than you'd find on some chart put together by a tripfag.