Sup Forums tells me that Neutral Milk Hotel is entry level and not even obscure for normies

>Sup Forums tells me that Neutral Milk Hotel is entry level and not even obscure for normies
>alrightlet'stestthis.jpg
>be at Christmas party last night
>mostly chads and staceys listening to rap """""music""""""
>Make my way over to the aux cable
>unplug it and plug my phone in and turn up the volume to max
>start up the ITAOTS album
>King of Carrot Flowers part 1 starts to fill the room
>WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG YOU WERE THE KING OF CARROT FLOWERS
>Some askhole asks "what is this hipster bullshit" and unplugs my phone and puts Young Thug back on
>grab my phone and walk out of the party in tears
Fuck you Sup Forums nmh isn't mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQ768sYBhRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice kek user :^)

People spend long enough on the internet to lose touch with reality and it's pretty hilarious.

Even worse, some people spend long enough on a specific corner of the internet like Sup Forums and lose touch with reality even more.

How many levels of irony are involved in this post? can't tell whether to cringe or not

why would u play nmh at a party?

This. When you've listened to so much experimental patrician music, it's hard to stay in touch with what normies would like. I tried playing Talking Heads at a party once and got the same "What the hell is this?" reaction.

if you live in a college town or city every single person will know nmh. i go to art school and live in a "hip" neighborhood. nmh is normie music there and 95% of the people i interact with will have heard them. if you live in some rural town with uncultured people they wont be known.

Is this the cringe thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=DQ768sYBhRI

I live in a college town with a thriving music scene but it's a normie party college that's like 60% white frat bros and 30% international kids who probably don't listen to much western music aside from mainstream pop/pop rap. I guarantee you the music scene is in the minority by far. It's populated enough and the "music scene" is big enough that I've made lots of like minded friends, but it's still a small percentage.

do u have autism?

This is true for some areas in boston

>not knowing nmh makes you uncultured
Oh Sup Forums...

Pretty much this. Seems like every frat boy at my college at least knows the name or album cover

Why are normies so pleb? It's not hard to tell when music is shit

>be at party
>dancey music playing
>some nerd takes the aux cord and starts playing dubstep
>people stop dancing and demand he turn his garbage off
made me kek.

OP made this up; he's a faggot and doesn't get invited to parties.

You personally know a lot of frat boys huh? Talk to them about indie folk often?

Young Thug is p4k core now, so according to the laws of cuckfork my man you are a dadrocker.

right in between kisses, yea

Fuck off Montie

Once I played Earl Sweatshirt at a party with lots of black people and they turned it off and said "the fuck is this shit?"

I honestly only play nmh for normies as a joke.
>People at party are playing songs they don't like
>They offer me the cord
>I play 'song against sex'
>"user this is literally the worst song I've ever heard"
>I say "right?" and pretend I don't actually enjoy the trombone solos

>Mfw putting on Holland, 1945 is now like putting on Freebird

>not joining a frat

enjoy your geed status