>There are still people who take pitchfork seriously as a music publication

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM
twitter.com/mde_never_dies/status/638086110091079681
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>musically adventurous statement on the pain and joy of black womanhood

>MUSICALLY ADVENTUROUS

youtube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM

WHAT FUCKING NEW SOUNDS ARE BEING EXPLORED IN THIS SONG THAT WERENT DONE 500 TIMES BETTER BY PEOPLE LIKE LAURYN HILL, JANELLE MONAE OR THE FUGEES WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING

they gave the best death grips albums one of the lowest scores they've given to the band, they gave fucking interview 2016 a higher rating than notm

Death Grips didn't pay enough for their review

Do you really expect someone named Larry to publish something worthwhile, or someone named 'Julianne Escobedo Shepherd' to not be biased as hell

this. pitchfork is top tier garbage at this point

My grandpa is named Larry and he's alright. I don't think he's ever published anything but I'm sure he could if he wanted to.

someone post the comic where pitchfork shits on a scale and puts the weight of it in ounces as the rating.

>WAAAH STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME WAAAH
grow the fuck up. Solange's new record is a masterpiece, while the DG record is hot trash
now go back to Sup Forums

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Masterpiece tell me literally anything on that record that is new, innovative, adventurous, or exciting

Or tell me again how black women in America are the only race of people who can relate to the song, don't touch my hair because they are proud women who aren't easily shook by society, fuck off with this mediocre horse shit

Dont feed him, your grandfather wouldnt be proud of this

Further proof that NotM has been, is, and always will be the ultimate pleb filter.

>horse shit
It's funny because Solange looks like an actual horse

>Cry about pitchfork
>Mock people who take pitchfork seriously
>Post about pitchfork continuously
>Don't ever discuss the numerous alternative music sites out there that could benefit fromw ord of mouth on Sup Forums
>Wonder why people still go to p4k

really gets the synapses firing

Never forget

sam is such a qt

milo replied with a picture of him doing le incredulous liberal face (he's deleted it out of embarrassment now) and sam responded with twitter.com/mde_never_dies/status/638086110091079681

cringe

tell me more

I think seeing Sam and Milo in a room together would lead me to feel the same physical pain I got from watching Watamote but I'd probably check it out anyway

>black person sings about mental issues over innovative instrumentals
eh.

>black person sings about being black over bland top40 90s r&b instrumentals
I'M GOING TO CUM HEEEEEE

Do you really expect a bloke with a name like Larry Fitzmaurice who uses the phrase "conceptual focus" in the opening section of his review to be anything other than completely banal?

Or for that matter, did you expect someone who uses "thematically unified" as a unique selling point of an album to preface their review to actually know what the fuck they're on about?

Death Grips has no cultural relevance

But thats meaningless do to Solanges relevance being entirely fabricated

You may think they did this for some socio-political agenda, and that might be the case, except that agenda leads straight to their bank account

>nearly 2017
>still believing DG deserves praise
Time to grow up or go back 2 reddit

>No.
Black mans mental anguish is culturally relevant

because it's surprisingly hard to find good music journals

only ones i go to are fact mag, tmt, the quietus, resident advisor and possibly a few more like electronic beats from time to time

can we all just agree to stop going to pitchfork?
if you willingly give these people clicks you are fucking cancer and need to be shot.

I half agree with you but then you listed quite a few more than what Sup Forums constantly talks about

why don't people talk about those more instead of crying about pitchfork nonstop

So why is Death Grips better exactly?

You know what would help that? Not posting a thread about it every single day or even worse - multiple times a day.

I would love to know this as well

>post a good album that doesnt touch on racism
6.7/10

>post a shitty album about how black people have it tough
8.7 BNM

neither does solange

why all music videos nowdays look the same? it's like the 80's or early 90's all over again

No one actually likes Solange other than hipster white liberals trying to get PC points.

this is good, but i don't get how something like that can end up becoming aoty. i know this is just one song, but it's so generic

I'm sorry your favorite album didn't make the list on some site's top 10

triggered

Yeah I know but its okay, pitchfork is just a site man. Their taste isn't objective or anything so stop letting it make you feel some type of way about yours who really cares?

this song is so...safe?
there's nothing remarkable about it
it's just good

whats a good alternative for music news instead of p4k?

asking seriously

>bowie and george michael die
>solange is still alive
wtf god

This song was pretty good

Pitchfork top 50 of 2016

This is a needless level of anger over a music publication not loving Death Grips.

This song sucks 2bh
>but I feel really sorry for black people!
Yeah that doesn't excuse mediocrity

>niggas on the moon
>not touching on racism
you didn't get it

this
say hey kid is alt-right as fuck

>2016
>looking at sites with cuck font

>Only white man in the room: Well, it's that time of the year again. Time to pick the most adventurous, innovative or excellent musical record of 2016. I very much enjoyed Bowie's last a-
>Empowered Latinx FtM: Umm, excuse me? I think instead of focusing on traditional white patriarchal concepts like "originality" or "excellence" we should use this space to promote artists from marginalized minorities. It's 2016, a white male like Bowie should stay out of our list, cracker
>Rest of staff [in unison, while scratching their head]: Yeah, I guess...
>White Man: Solange it is!

buzzfeed AOTY

kek

>doesn't touch on racism

>album is literally called niggas on the moon, the only instance of the group using the n word in their music.

> also a direct reference to Gil Scott Heron's poem, Whitey On The Moon

>a song literally titled black quarterback

didn't think too hard about this post, I see.

>surprisingly hard to find good music journals
>proceeds to name 4 great music magazines/blogs
what more do you fucking want?

these people care more about bitching about p4k and showing how counter to p4k their taste is than actual music discussion

they're the same as drones just on the other side

Reminder.

It's because it's got a synthy string section and a funky bass. Those two things have never been combined in the history of music.

holy fucking shit dude

I have this one

All of Fantano's kids are fighting. Just needed Injury Reserve or Swans to pipe in.

Reminder.

I've followed this website since 2010, almost 7 years of my life.

Almost every day I check their site around 10'o clock, just out of habit at this point. Even if I'm busy or not near a computer, when 10 comes around I think, "Oh hey, that's when pitchfork puts out reviews."

I know the scores of most of my favorite albums, of albums I hate, of all the big releases. I could name the top 10 of just about every year I've followed, and of decade lists they've done, all kinds of stuff. I always submit my list to the readers' poll, especially that big one they did of the 2000s.

The site has long since ceased to be good. I probably started to hate it somewhere in 2013/2014. But still I've kept this ritual.

Why? Why have I done this? Why waste any mental energy on this site which has clearly gone down the tubes entirely in quality, if they were ever actually good?

This is somewhat of a wakeup call, Sup Forums. How did I get to this point? I feel like I'm waking up from a long dream, like I slept through the last 7 years.

Surely I can't be alone in this. Does anyone else know what I mean?

do you lift?

>people are still pretending that NOTM isn't DG's least interesting work

guys c'mon this meme was embarrassing in 2014 and it's embarrassing today.

it's honestly just as embarrassing as pitchcuck pretending that solange is AOTY.

>yfw nobody on Sup Forums would give a shit about Death Grips if it weren't for Fantano's The Money Store review

Pitchfork unironically thinks in colour is a better album

they're correct
Jamie XX is amazing and GY!BE is extremely overrated

it's a double album

How can you be this plebian

>How can you be this plebian
I have over 3000 ratings on RYM and post-rock is one of my pet genres. LYSFLATH isn't THAT good. The Jamie XX album is solid

>I have over 3000 ratings on RYM
oh that's how

>muh Sup Forumscore

Swing and a miss. Not even my favorite GSYBE album and I like In Colour. Funnily enough I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't spammed to death here two summers ago

>be black woman in 2016
>make shitty 70s r&b record
>add lyrics about kill whitey and muh oppression from le rayciss police
>BNM

You clearly weren't on mu when exmilitary came out.

Literally every other thread was about Odd Future and how Goblin was the best hip hop album of the decade then Exmilitary came out and everyone went fucking ape shit about how abrasive Death Grips music was and then it was called flavor of the month for 2 years straight and that was 4 years ago and death grips has ruled this board ever since 2012

why are DG so out of touch?

theyre like 40

i read their top 50 and all of it was cringe. pure cringe.

can someone please recommend me an album from 2016? i like actual rock, not the arty gay shit on that list.

last year someone gave me dead sara and the go team and both were perfect

Were you writhing on the floor, whimpering "this is reddit, this is memes" over and over again?

i cant even tell what youre asking.

i dont know what reddit is except for that its hated here, kind of like gaia or habbo used to be

i only hang out in the guitar and synth threads. the music i listen to is from bands rhat sounded good when i heard them live or recommended by musician friends.

i only post a few times ar the end of the year for recommendations on aoty

>There are people who take music seriously

its not a real tweet
dg are alt-right

Watamote is the best.

>sus

>joj

I just want to say that 90% of you queerz are gay for not respecting Pitchfork as the indie institution it is, you would literally have no clue what 80% of your favorite albums were if it weren't for them

death grips are shit though

I don't think so nigga

>Using RYM
Oh so you're human trash? Neat

What's worse than readers taking P4K seriously as a music publication is P4K itself taking P4K seriously as a music publication.

Look, early p4k reviews—which were usually stream-of-consciousness essays with a score attached—were taking the piss out of "serious" music publications (note that the "tenth of a point" thing was always meant to be ironic.) It lost its way sometime within the last 10 years and ESPECIALLY lost its way since the Conde Nast buyout 2 years ago. I always viewed Pitchfork as an obscure online music+comedy zine full of trolls and hipsters. That's what it's supposed to be—not some authority on popular music. The current P4K is just straight-up embarrassing, and it's turned into exactly the kind of publication Pitchfork set out to satirize back in the late 90s.

It was never satire. There was more humor to it, yes, but they weren't satirizing other music publications

Proof that p4k reviews are worthless.

>solange
>good
wew

nobody takes them serious anymore though