Ben Affleck is Boston trash who got lucky with one breakout movie 20 years ago. He's never done anything great

Ben Affleck is Boston trash who got lucky with one breakout movie 20 years ago. He's never done anything great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo
youtube.com/watch?v=8gfipuaIA68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Town and Argo disagree

Not controversial here but I'm really tired of cape shit. When will it end?

youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo

>The Town

Stereotypical crime movie, wannabe Scorsese.

>Argo

Self-aggrandizing Hollywood propaganda.

lmao no

They're turning into just a common blockbuster genre that will dominate the box office for the foreseeable future. It's really awful too, it's taking away so much attention and money that could potentially go to other work, even if it's not high-brow stuff I just miss actual movies. Not this predictable, paint-by-numbers CGI-driven cuntshit.

>Stereotypical crime movie
Not an argument

He was great in Gone Girl and he is the best on-screen Batman ever.

>The Town
>Argo
They're both mediocre. The only reason anybody noticed those movies was because Affleck directed them.

also
>starring in you own movies
what a faggot

In relation to calling it a good movie, it very much is an argument. Its stereotypical, thus nothing special.

I haven't seen the new Star Wars, Avengers, or Batman vs Superman.

Not really in a big rush to see them either. I don't even know why I keep coming back here saying that.

Yes it is, you faggot. it was bland and forgettable.

are you me?

>American studios give money to directors to educate them away from their creative fingerprint, even if that's the reason they wanted them in the first place. I've avoided that fate by making movies here. You have to fight the urge to do a big action movie. You avoid 'Batman.' The bigger it is, the worse it is.

Von Trier

>starring in your own movies
>a bad thing
I'll bet you hate Mel Brooks too you pretentious faggot

OP is wrong.

Star Wars and capeshit have ruined this board and we're lucky if there's one quality thread per 24 hours anymore

But capekinos have been getting better, plus most films that come out in the summer have tough competition, with or without superhero movies.

when you invest that much money in a movie the director can't take chances and he can't make his own movies. There is without a doubt a negative correlation between marginal increase in investment in a film and marginal increase in quality of a film at a certain point.

>implying it was ever quality before that

Welcome to Sup Forums, btw, friend

Titanic, The Ten Commandments, and The Dark Knight would disagree

gravity is only a 6/10 experience; and a 3/10 movie

>capekinos have been getting better
I haven't seen BvS, everyone reliable says it's fucking trash, I hear Captain America is good and I'll illegally download it the moment I can but I recently saw Deadpool and it was fucking garbage. It was a satire of a movie rather than an actual movie. It handled the critical plot elements with such cynicism and sarcasm that I genuinely wondered whether the director was even interested in telling a story. it had a few funny jokes sure but even a comedy has to be a little more than just breaking the 4th Wall and referencing common superhero movie tropes and cliches.

Anyway I just don't know how you can come to the conclusion that they're getting better. Not in my experience. The Dark Knight and Spiderman 2 have still never been surpassed but of course those two were made by actual filmmakers who devoted the majority of their careers to endeavors outside comic book movies

you need to be a little more subtle

5/10, next time dont just throw the whole rod in

Of course there are going to be outliers, I'm talking about the overall correlative effect. Some films were a great idea that the studio helped with, the studio system produced plenty of fine films, even with astronomical budgets like Gone With the Wind or Ben-Hur. But at a certain point generally once they've poured enough of their annual overall budget into one film they demand a certain return on their investment.

The BBC is non-stop left-wing propaganda, and everyone in the UK happily funds their own brainwashing by paying the license fee.

I meant every word.

>Titanic
>The Dark Knight

"good"

Ten Commandments is based as fuck, though, so I give your opinion a 3.33/10

GoT is shit.

Star Wars is childish garbage.

Capeshit is also childish garbage.

Quentin Tarantino is a fine director who gets too much hate, though he also shouldn't be praised because what he does isn't that impressive by any means.

I didn't like Blade Runner of 2001. If they were released today nobody would care about them because the meme value wouldn't be there.

Women need to be held to a higher standard of acting.

People in general need to stop politicizing film production.

I don't watch any films/television, I just come here to shitpost and falseflag in threads

>He's never done anything great.

this is beyond your understanding, because you have no empathy and so can't think of anything outside of yourself

this
is great

youtube.com/watch?v=8gfipuaIA68

I don't necessarily agree with all of these opinions but in general I support your overall belief system.

>I recently saw Deadpool and it was fucking garbage. It was a satire of a movie rather than an actual movie. It handled the critical plot elements with such cynicism and sarcasm that I genuinely wondered whether the director was even interested in telling a story. it had a few funny jokes sure but even a comedy has to be a little more than just breaking the 4th Wall and referencing common superhero movie tropes and cliches.
Deadpool was pretty bad. It relies entirely on humour – the "random quirky" style of humour, in particular. There are a couple of moments that make you smile, but that's not good enough when there are over 100 gags in the movie. Most of your viewing time is spent wondering why they don't just make a good superhero movie instead of making fun of bad superhero movies with such contempt.

Maudlin garbage.

So can you just get celebrities to say anything?

I guess with the sheer volume of people making requests, they won't know everything people want them to do a shout-out to, but even still that's disappointing. The guy clearly jumped Penn when he was out at a theatre or something, shoved a camera in his face, and told him to parrot a phrase.

The Jenna meme makes me sad because Sup Forums doesn't actually look at her Twitter and realise she's a happy housewife doing odd jobs acting, cooking food, raising her kids, and will playfully reminisce about her 15 minutes of fame with fans. Instead they read carefully assembled pasta and tweet selections, and they think she's a monster, and eventually Jenna's going to hear about it and it's going to be /lit/'s booktuber thing all over again.

I'd bet anything that it's Sup Forums coming here to discuss them.
Example fucking A. What's your homeboard

Refn and Snyder are the future of auteur cinema