Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

It's too heavy. 1 gram of diamond weighs something like 15 grams.

diamond is not metal new fag still smells lik summer inhere

Please let this be bait...

That would cost millions to make one vest and nobody is strong enough to use it

Diamond is hard but not tough.
Therefore, a diamond can be smashed easily, even by a hammer. However, it can't be scratched (Cut) easily.

In other word, aside from it being too heavy/pricey, it wouldn't be effective against bullets.

Found the Minecraft fag.

I thought diamond being the hardest metal was a dead meme like five or six years ago. I can only suppose that this site has a collective necromancy fetish, bringing back things that while they existed, were good, but resurrected, are brain dead, stinking, and lesser iteration of the original.

> 1g = 15g

Don't fuck with me right now

Wat

it is possible that you can shoot five bullets at up to 1g of diamond per hour and it'll still be durable.
im a diamond physicist and a bullet mechanic so i know a thing or two about grams.

would be to fucking expensiv one Bulletsproof west weights about 2kg and costs around 200$ .
1 gramm Diamant kosts around 50.000$

The diamond would have to be made out of kevlar so that it could be lightweight whilst still being bulletproof.

Huh

stale pasta. had to see this shit circling around about a year ago and then it went onto reddit (I only know cos it cycled onto my facebook wall)

im a diamond physicist. judging by my calculations i can assume that diamonds can be capable of withstanding 400 rounds of bullets but the result would be catastrophic. And this is where the math comes in:
so we take 400 diamonds, multiply them by 10 on the mineral scale, then we add lets say 300 bullets travelling at 700 mph. so then we are left with 400[700(10 x 300)] and then we have to add how much the vest will weigh. that variable times this equation will get us our answer.

Right

What the fuck even is this thread?

What's a thread

Imagine getting hit by a train. Now imagine adding a brick wall infront of you, while getting hit by the train.

It is still going to kill you, even if the wall does not break.

Diamond is only the strongest metal if traveling 32 times the speed of grams in to a time made of forklift traveling at wall.

>Iam12andwhatisthis.jpg

How does this relate to anything

hes comparing bricks to diamonds user, dont you get it, you fuckwit!

Because diamond is hard it's very brittle and would shatter. Also diamonds aren't a metal, diamond is a form of carbon. Learn about the periodic table ignoramus.

btw the hardest metal is iridium and it is more expensive than any other so that is not a good idea either...