What's muh headphones?

Headphones /thread
Post the headphones you owned/currently own and what do they sound like?
>Are they priced well?
>"Audio quality is not the only factor to consider.."

Other urls found in this thread:

target.com/p/bose-soundtrue-around-ear-headphone-apple/-/A-50216743
target.com/p/sennheiser-wireless-bluetooth-4-0-around-ear-headphones-with-nfc-and-touch-control-black-urbanite-xl/-/A-50167634
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ath M40x

priced pretty well for the quality, although it can get uncomfortable.

Same as mine

Denon AH-D1001

Discontinued, which is a shame. Priced well I think, very good for $150, if you can get them for cheaper that's even better. Very comfy, decent soundstage for being closed back, bass can be a little muddied depending on the song but it's generally strong, nothing wrong with the audio quality

M50x here, sound quality is great but they get way too uncomfortable as well. My ears heat up way too fast.

I own

V-Moda Crossfade Wireless
Bowers and Wilkins P7

HD598
A little pricey, but I got em on sale.
They sound wonderful. Great mids and highs, decent bass.

That's the biggest problem.

Can someone tell me if the ATH M40x are really better than the 50's?

I have speakers for home listening but carry my skullcandy fix's snowboarding with me daily. So far they're the only moderate quality earbud that can stand the daily abuse.

id also like to know

Sony MDR 7506, love these headphones for the price

I love the sound stage on the HD598's! They were my first open backed headphones, when you consider upgrading I recommend HIFIMAN he-400i's

Beats Solo 2

dude desu the 598s are the most comfortable headphones i've ever owned, not once have i had to take them off dude to head squishing or ear itching...

For that price range I would tip you off on the V-Moda M-100's they are slightly more colored than the audio techinica's with a v frequency chart. Emphasized highs and bass, especially if you are into electronic music. Not recommended for classical or bare bones folk enthusiast (the audio techincas aren't that good either for this taste, but I mean that only if that is all you listen to) Not the info you asked for, but still hope it helps some

I have:

Koss ProDJ200
Audio Technica ath-m50x
HD 598
HIFIMAN he-400i
Bose QC 15
V-Moda Crossfade

Google m50x velour mod and you can get different recs that make them a lot more comfortable and cooler. When you change the pad the sound signature changes so do some research for your taste

How're the hifimans?

me being a poor fag, I have an iHome iB91
They sound pretty decent, they illuminate, and they do Bluetooth and wired. They sound pretty decent for around $60, build quality is poor if you leave it fully expanded.

I just bought a pair. When I got home I realized i Might've just bought it for the logo.

AKG 712 Pro with Oppo DAC.

Sounds really good, sometimes needs the DAC for lower mixed albums. Sound great, really comfy and has a few cool extension cords.

Would prefer to have pleather or something instead of cotton due to sweating and living in Australia, will deteriorate one day :(

They have a nice strong bass for open backs and extremely well balanced. The sound stage is also very strong, not as much the HD598's but you can still close your eyes and feel like the music is being played in the room. No joke you can feel strings being plucked, keys being pressed, and hear the spit from when someone open their mouth. Best entry level planar headphones and their price has dropped really nicely

Which DAC do you use? I went with JDS LABS The Element because that big dial is just so nice

I feel kind of bad about my purchase. I might trade them in for my $200 back in target gift card. They're pretty trash anyways. But I don't know what else at Target I can buy that are actually quality headphones.

target.com/p/bose-soundtrue-around-ear-headphone-apple/-/A-50216743

I found these, but they are out of stock.

target.com/p/sennheiser-wireless-bluetooth-4-0-around-ear-headphones-with-nfc-and-touch-control-black-urbanite-xl/-/A-50167634

Most likely going to get these. target.com/p/sennheiser-wireless-bluetooth-4-0-around-ear-headphones-with-nfc-and-touch-control-black-urbanite-xl/-/A-50167634

Cool, thanks man. Do you use an amp and/or separate dac with those?

I have the 598s, love em to death
on another note i just got a pair of klipsch r-14ms today, just waiting for the amp to come in now.
did i do good Sup Forums?

Are you really looking for something with bluetooth? for that price range you could get the wired Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's which are way better

Yeah, I have a few different ones but the impedance is pretty low at 35 ohms so it isn't necessary to run them. That chalks up to personal preference

pic of my setup. sounds really good but cost wayyyyy too much. dat diminishing returns

Why did you choose a tube amp? I'm scared of dropping money on one knowing that if any of the tubes fail it will change how it sounds/I'm too poor to spend a lot of money on different tubes for fun

I had a cheap solid state amp. Then got the HD800s (had the HD650). With the 800s the sound was so precise, having it paired with a solid state amp literally made it painful to listen too. After of a few hours of listening I would have a headache, it was too sharp. With the tube it really 'rounded the edges." No ear stress, sounds great.

When it comes to having to replace tubes: yeah its gonna happen. but from what I have read it happens very infrequently. this is my first tube amp too, so i am new to this world as well

That's a very interesting point! I'll keep it in mind when upgrading my setup, thanks user

Which one do you prefer between the two? Does the hifimans extra bass (?) give it the edge for you?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wBv03B1nk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UrKy1EuO0k
this guy says so and he's trustable

>tfw this is really the only audio reviewer that really goes extremely into detail about everything
>tfw bought my ath-msr7 on his reccomendation

>HIFIMAN he-400i
I'd so buy them if they weren't $500 in my country

had the opportunity to listen to those and they are really great, wonder how they compare to the A700X

Just purchased the Audioquest DragonFly Black USB DAC to use with my ATH-M50x at work (terrible PC) before noticing this thread and realizing I could just ask. Did I fuck up or make a solid choice?

They really do have great quality. Its too bad they have some clamping pressure issues and the stock earpads can get a little sweaty.

That can be fixed with a little bending of the headband and replacing the pads. I got them for 189 USD so I feel like I got a steal of a deal on them.

I woulda bought the micca origen+ cause I prefer the options, but the dragonfly seems easy to use and transport so it'd probably be best.

I have the MDR-V6 but I wanted new headphones. Are the ATH-m50X a good enough upgrade or should I buy something more expensive?

I prefer the hifimans because of their clarity and yeah they do have more bass. When considering either, both are considered "bright" meaning they a lot of treble, not unusual for open backs. Comfort wise the hd598s win hands down they don't get hot even after 6 hours of continuous use, they are extremely light, and I have larger ears than average and there is no clipping like other over ear headphones; the hifimans do touch a little on the top of my ears but the suspension over head makes the feeling negligible. If you are willing to spend 100 dollars more for the hifimans I would recommend them over the hd 598s because they are slightly more versatile and they sound cleaner (Disclaimer: you will need high quality recordings at least V0, 320, FLAC, or WAV because there will be a noticeable difference; you can get by with lower bit rates on the hd598s, they are more forgiving)

Not imo. ATH-m40x sound better than the 50's. I wouldn't upgrade from that unless you're gonna spend in the 250 to 400 ranges. You could buy a 100 dollar preamp and get a lot of use out of that.

Yeah I was thinking of buying the Sennheisers HD 600. I got a fiio e17k amp for my Sony's right now

that sounds like a pretty dope setup dude. I'd save up the money for that then.

are you sure you want to jump from closed to open? i mean you def should but it's going to be a completely different experience listening to a non-studiomonitor pair of headphones

I think you have solid entry level closed back headphones and the m50xs wouldn't be a huge leap. At the point you're at you should consider buying more niche headphones that favor specific genres or have an emphasis on characteristics you enjoy. The most common thing to do is buy an open backed headphone because they are so different from closed back. Beware any headphones that claim to be semi-open, there is no standard for how "open" they will be so you will have to do more research

Thats actually the reason I decided not to upgrade to the Sennheiser 598's. I just love the isolation that closed backs give me and the ability to block out everything but music.

Fucking ADHD makes it impossible to listen with background noise.

me too, mine were too tight at first but they've got a lot better. I can wear them for like 4 hours ez

if you want to stick with a solid closed back, i would rec beyerdynamic dt770, sony mdr-1a, maybe audeze el-8 but i've yet to hear those

Yeah I think I will save up

I usually just use speakers during the day and headphones at night so it won't make much of a difference, and I want to try out open back. Plus I already don't use the big headphones unless I'm home

I like to use head-fi since you get a community with many consolidated reviews. It really brings a light to the different cons people think of

Oh I've got the pair of ATH-MSR7. Some of my favorite sound I've gotten from a headphone. I was about to order the 598's but I saw the MSR7 on sale so I picked them up.

What a great decision :D

I'd agree with this. I dont own them but I hear the 80 ohms version is the best