General OSRS Thread

General OSRS Thread
Post your levels and discuss.
I've just started getting back into rs so my account is fairly new. Planning on getting my levels up enough to do some barrows, any tips would be helpful.

checked

Used to love playing this when I was around 11. I was never really good at levelling at the time. I'm definitely going to try once my PC is fixed.

Yeah I played it back in year 3/4. didn't really know what I was doing so got over it quickly. Getting back into now and it's much better

Runecrafting will get you hella skrilla to move along in the game. Start all your diaries asap and do them when you can. Don't train agility unless you're alching or fletching. Nmz until 83 combat stats then start slayer. Quest cape seems useless but it offers fast transportation and tons of advantages from quests. Getting void and firecape asap. Learn zulrah as soon as you get 80+ mage and range plus decent gear.

I understood half of that. Zulrah is my goal once I get to barrows

Whatever you didn't under I'm happy to explain. I had to take a break for the last 2 months but I'm gonna start playing again soon so I dunno what they changed but I doubt it's anything meta game breaking

I just recently got members again like, I don't know what I should do cuz I need to lvl a lot of my skills

gday mate
welcome back

What's nmz and how long does rc take to actually get somewhere

Currently getting 84 crafting for a master clue

how long does it take to grind everything out again.
I really want to get into osrs but the grind puts me off as i have already done it when i played the game as a kid.

Anyone who wants can add Holmvik, it's my acc, I completely suck at the game but I'd love to learn to play well. F2p user getting memb as soon as i get steady income (in about 1 and 1/2 months)

OSRS isn't the same as 2007scape anymore.
Theres so much new content that it's a completely new game.(Mostly high level content though) so it's worth it.

I've just been doing a bit of slayer here and there while focusing on magic and melee.
Thanks, you an ausfag?
4 levels off, I can't even do most medium clues ;-; got a hard one sitting in the bank

Added bud, OrphanShrub is my ign

rate my stats (protip: im a fuckin noob)

Any advice for someone starting osrs after playing rs as a kid

nice mithril (g)

not sure if sarcastic or not

Nmz is nightmare zone. You can refight quest bosses, particularly melee bosses. Depending on how you do it, dharok or prosolyte possibly guthans. Or range with void and blow pipe. You get really good afk xp, something like 300k or more depending on gear and stats etc. Plus you'll get nmz points, which you can use for herb boxes and imbuing certain equipment. Runecrafting is super slow at first, I'd say use your free xp from lamps and xp books, diary rewards on RC. After 44 you can craft Nats albeit slowly. Double cosmics and Astrals ate good too. Agility and mining are extremely helpful for abyss crafting.

Look into ahk as well. If you really wanna nerd out I'd suggest making an alt account just for money making. Cannonballs are decent afk money. Cooking can be good at 99. Wyvern alts are good once your main is high enough.

Don't spend any gold without a good reason, be stingy as fuck. Don't just blow your first 25k on stupid shit, use it to make more.

Really Really want to get back to where my OG runescape char was and experience high level content but the grind is so offputting. any advice bros?
Boobs in return for you :)

back then money was mostly earned by skilling, now it's monster killing. Get a high slayer level and you'll easily make a mill per hour

Learn to bot well

is NMZ with pros decent XP and money? how much we talkin here?

Look at my stats man, i'm fine with grinding out the levels to do these things but I have no idea where to go or what to kill.

Name is Usurperlink1 if anyone wants to add still a big noob but trying to get 70 atk and strength right now

Osrs graphics are way "better" but the combat system in rs3 is really nice once you get the hang of it, shame too much ppl quit b4 even testing it

Can you play OSR for free?

Yeah, there are f2p worlds, If you can it's worth it to get members.
Added, OrphanShrub

NMZ product

any advice on how to make the grind back up less painful?

sup fellas

God damn. These threads always make me want to boot runescape up again. I played that game on and off for the longest time since I was in like 4th grade or so. I played that shit back when it was still 2d and bunny hats and scythes were dropping. I think I was playing when party hats were dropping even.. All that and I still have only one 99 skill.

Look up training guides on youtube and google if you need to kno specific stuff, get 70 combat stats and 43 spray for barrows, and use a black sally. no one does this i have no idea why the ammo is literally 30x cheaper than runes. dont be intimidated by the grind, now that ur an adult u can learn efficient xp/hour methods and it takes much less time to advance

I made this account for shits and giggles starting from nothing now my bank is 300k all from low level pking and nothing else. Rate my lvl 39 nublets.

Also if you want, have rs in another monitor or put a browser on the other half of screen watch a movie, listen to music, browse, whatever to make grinding less painful

sup

git gud nubs

You need to work on wood cutting, you fucking noob.

Nmz with pros isn't great money, you have to bring pray pots which would negate the herb boxes profit. It's great xp tho for afking. Again, 83 is best then I'd say do combat through slayer. For money, runecrafting, zulrah, herb runs, daily staves from zaff, having an alt for money making, barrows are all good options.

Start all your diaries. Do all the quests you can. Especially waterfall, fight arena, holy grail. Lots of free xp from easy quests. Monkey madness is easy if you know what to do. It's a bit intimidating at first, but at lower levels you'll be surprised how quick you level. Check the osrs wiki for quest rewards for xp, I don't remember a lot off the top cuz it's been a while. Just go kill rock crabs for 60 melee stats after you do the 3 quests I mentioned. Make sure you have a fast weapon. Do monkey madness as soon as you can, it's a bitch if you don't know how, but it's really not that hard. If I had the 3m to get a bond I would help you out, but all my shit is in items on my alt..

I'm combat lvl 25, can i have free bond

Not a beg thread

We should sue runescape for not being able to provide the "trap" sex as a choice for my character.

im a noob and been grinding for a week and only have 1mil

It's 10 dollars for a month, come on.

I have good stats just very unlucky with pvm drops so I'm still poor.

how the fuck does this nightmare zone work? i need the points for slayer helm but i heard that the exp was nerfed down there. And which gear should i use?

I'll get onto the diaries tonight, it's 2am right now, I've done waterfall and fight arena and i'm just grinding out 60 magic for the god capes

I grinded wyverns alot and high combat stats really help alot. At 120combat i make around 1m per hour through slayer.

That's pretty dank.

I'm I make most of my money through zulrah but I'm just lazy so that's why I'm poor.

Best way is to use dharoks. Use points to buy overloads and absorb potions (Overloads are basically super combat pots and deals 50 dmg, absorb pots absorb the damage mobs deal to you). After sipping from your overload use a Rock cake to further lower your health to 1HP and then use absorbtion pots. Flick the rapid heal once every minute to avoid the automatic HP regen and reset the counter.

Level 122 here. Do the Mortanya hard diaries before doing barrows. Youll get 50% more runes per run making it a lot more profitable.

For example. This game is fun lmao

bruh everyones talkin bout starting diaries read updates noobs u dont have to start now just doing it unlocks it

I can do that, dharok set is only 2,1m I'll try that tonight or tomorrow I am currently grinding my rc to make some money

This

Everyone join the FC Turkmenistan

>Lavacape
>claims to be a Noob
Kek

>lava cape
Lava... cape...?
Wot

If any of you faggots want to buy some gold:
www.whygrind.com boys

I haven't played in nearly a year and got burnt out doing quests for barrows gloves and failing at Jad.

Official Sup Forums FC is "osg", actively 50+ people in the FC at all times

Teach me your ways

Lvl 94 combat, I do slayer but I find that it just takes too much effort - I mean I have to buy supplies then head out to an area, then I find myself having to stock up again and then go to my slayer master, then going off to another area.

grinding slayer so i can get 70 prayer from killing wyverns.

how'd u make all that money

that feel when i had 750 mil at one point and sold it to an online cash seller for $70 US. I hate my life

tfw you buy 70m from some cunt for $10 and your account gets hacked

The cape he is wearing the one from tiz tock jazz

750m os or rs3?

How can you not know the price for a mill? You could have gotten $800 for that kek

soloing sara a shitload of times and dh pking

Firecape?

Yeah that's it

Check

>"Whygrind was originally opearting on Skype sales only"
>opearting
Wot.

I used to make the same mistake. You should have all the supplies before hand. Make sure you have the gear, the food, the pots, a cannon if you can afford it. 75 crafting for slayer rings. 80+ att/str/def. Slayer isn't great money in the long run generally. You may get some good drops but if you do it for profit you'll probably be disappointed. Get good gear, learn zulrah or find a method of making money you enjoy to fund it. Slayer and RC are personally my favorite skills, so one helps finance the other. And again zulrah, aka profit snek aka easy money, aka a waste of time not to learn will pad your bank nice.

RS3. I also had 99 herblore and magic on that account (99 herblore is worth about 750 mil to 1 bil) and it got hacked by a nigger while i was in rehab and banned.

i made it all off the flower game, made 10 mil to start with off pvm

>not great money in the long run

what? airuts

Theres the problem, I'm absolutely shocking at runescape, I'm so shit. I tried zulrah once and I panicked and teleported out after 10 seconds of fighting, any tips please :p

fkeys really help at zulrah.

Woah.

Listen to this op. Before you start barrows do morytania hard diaries for the 2x yield of barrows runes. Otherwise, do everything with a purpose & gl

Don't worry that's perfectly normal. Zulrah takes a fair amount of practice. Look at guides on youtube and learn the rotations. If you get it in the first 10 tries without best in slot and high stats I'd be surprised. It took me around 20 tries just for my first kill after watching tons of guides. Don't worry about dying to zulrah because the priestess will hold your items. It's a hard boss to learn, there's little intricacies you'll pick up on after learning a bit. And like the other dude said, f keys will help you a ton.

Alright dude, I'll give it a go :) Since I'm not too high of a combat level I'll probably do fuck all for damage (79 range) thanks for the motivation bro :p

Any1 play dmm? I am hyped for the tourney in 1 month. I have 2 accounts that qualify and a really good plan to get ahead at the start.

Damn. How does anyone even get 99 runecrafting without killing themselves?

What are you doing with a maxed account and a cannon at hill giants?

;(

rip

farming for champion scroll. 13k+ kills dry rip.

gave away this account to some random user ages ago, only cause i got trust traded 5m profit back then lost 15m the next trade.

if hes here i wish he'd let me know the new name so i can see what progress has been made ^^