Your favorite hardcore punk album/EP/record?

I've done this few days ago. I'm curious about what are your interests in hardcore, your favorite album or anything you have to suggest to listen to. I already have a couple of records but I love discovering new bands/albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

discontinuousinnovationinc.bandcamp.com/music
youtube.com/watch?v=_CIzqzFDGis
youtube.com/watch?v=xOiS0jqlkA4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf9GJmiOMw
youtube.com/watch?v=oRLDt2rwRe0
youtube.com/watch?v=nEO2TcWuGEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pink Flag by Wire is easily my fav album of that era/genre, it still sounds like it could have come out yesterday which is insane

I really like most work from Leftover Crack and Choking Victim.

Kinda an odd type of thing. Is kinda of a Hardcore punk sound with a healthy dose of Ska and some metal influences

Left for Dead - Splitting Heads
Cut the Shit - Harmed and Dangerous
Heroin - LP
Shotmaker - The Crayon Club

Minor Threat is the peak of hardcore, this is an undeniable fact

I'm listening to Choking Victim right now, sounds pretty awesome, thanks for this!!

Well, it's hard to beat Minor Threat, you're right!

yeah they good

Husker Du if you haven't listened already

discontinuousinnovationinc.bandcamp.com/music

This page has some good hardcore. I recommend Acrylics and Stucko

Also The Day the Country Died by Subhumans is a classic

I classified this one in my post hardcore collection, but damn this is such a good record. from first to last song. Ian MacKaye is such a legend

OP if you want more Ska punk listen to Jeff Rosenstock and his various bands

I've heard of them a few times, I definitely need to discover this band i think.

Absolutely, listen to Zen Arcade. Not only a fantastic hardcore album but it branches into a lot of diverse genres and was a big influence on alternative rock

What do you guys think of this? Some of Mackayes best stuff imo

Ian's probably one of my favorite artist. I can't think of a band he was in that I don't like
>Teen Idles
>Minor Threat
>Embrace
>FUGAZI
>The Evens
GOAT!

ian's voice kinda annoys me 2bh

I realize Ian was an important person in the development of American hc, but this thread is about punk. You want to talk about Egg Hunt or Evens? Jesus....

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear people discussing music on Sup Forums without having everyone arguing at each other like babies for different tastes. It's nice discovering new bands and albums. People should understand this sometimes.

What is the name of this album? Clearly by embrace but reverse image search gives me nothing.

Also Mackayes stuff as in its on Discord or is he in that band? It'd be cool to hear something post MT pre Fugazi.

Yeah, it is, Sup Forums is a shit board for it. I find the punk threads are usually the best. Enjoy your discovering!

reverse image search works for me. the album is also called embrace. he's the vocalist.
youtube.com/watch?v=_CIzqzFDGis

Ian made so much for the hardcore scene, love him too.

My fav one is Keith Morris. Every album he was involve with are in my top albums of all time.

Black Flag
Circle Jerks
and now OFF!

definitely this. RP kick so much ass
youtube.com/watch?v=xOiS0jqlkA4

I keep seeing this band in related artists on my player, gonna give em a try finally

they're pretty out there but that's what's so great about them. super gothic vibes too.

my orig copy of the salad days 7" is one of my prized possesions

Holy shit you're hardcore. Where and when did you get it?

this and double nickels are some of my favorite albums ever
absolute masterpieces

i've got a ton of original punk stuff i've picked up from all over the place, usually for dirt cheap
i could post pics if you want

Absolutely, old punk vinyls are my fetish

I know they are more often considered a thrash metal band, but a lot of Slayer's stuff legitimately sounds like hardcore punk. If any of you haven't listened to their album Reign in Blood absolutely give it a try, great album.

My turn off from metal is the posturing. I'm not sure how bad Slayer is for it but so many metal bands just groan about Satan and murder and gay shit like that, just fantasy and lies. Hardcore is honest.

Anyway the guitar in a lot of metal is really great though so are Slayer edge lords and if so are there good non edgy metal bands?

theyre ironically edgy. they dont actually believe in all that shit. tom is a good catholic boy. hardcore usually has pretty gay lyrics. dont care if its honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf9GJmiOMw
are there any bands that combine doom metal and hardcore like this?

Oh, they are extremely edgy. If that's a turn off then don't listen. all their lyrics are about satan or some shit. HOWEVER if you could somehow get past that then the actual music, playing, and everything else is literally 11/10.

There are plenty of good non-edgy metal bands though that I love. A good starting point for you would probably be Melvins - Houdini or Mastodon - Leviathan. Honestly, I thought the exact same thing as you about a year ago but eventually I kind of got over it and just embraced the inherent cheese of the whole thing. I think Rust In Peace by Megadeth was the first "edgy" metal album I listened too that I genuinely loved. Now I listen almost exclusively to metal.

Most punk is sardonic, metal is just edgy. I hate shit like Misfits too though. If your entire catalogue is "ironic" what the fuck is the point? I mean I know it's music and it's whatever you want it to be but that's so fucking stupid to spend your life moaning about Satan like a 12 year old goth kids doodles

Ah, might just not be for me then. I don't like the Melvins sound, I like bass driven but that's TOO bass driven. I think Flipper is my limit for that kind of thing.

I need new music though, might have to start getting into metal, thanks for the recs

mind eraser
youtube.com/watch?v=oRLDt2rwRe0

>I hate shit like Misfits too though.
seriously? they just sing about 50s horror movies.

> I mean I know it's music and it's whatever you want it to be but that's so fucking stupid to spend your life moaning about Satan like a 12 year old goth kids doodles
STRAIGHT EDGE
DONT FUCK WITH MY FRIENDS
I HATE YOU

both punk and metal have tons of juvenile shit. dont act like they dont.

Actually, let me correct that, poseur metal is edgy. I don't consider a Mayhem for example edgy because Death was genuinely insane and killed himself, Euronymous made it an album cover, and Smilin' Varg is Smilin' Varg.

I guess it just comes down to a different kind of juvenile appeal, you're right, punk is full of it.

Can't think of anything edgy about Slayer off the top of my head desu

slayer fans are the fucking worst

my phone camera is ass and the focus is out of whack for some reason

not photographed:
apb - something to believe in
because i live at school and it is currently there (i'm at my parents' house for the winter, where the rest of my collection is)
the clash - combat rock (lent to a friend right now)
big black - atomizer and man machine 7" (gave them to my best friend for his birthday, he's way more into them than i am and i didnt pay a lot for them)
according to discogs, my pixies, talking heads, and police records count as punk but theyre not on here because that's not as interesting

there's a great medium somewhere between metal and punk. the earlier you get in metal's history, the closer you get to the ethos of punk in my opinion. an album like black sabbath's paranoid is, at its heart, in the same family as punk records despite being somewhat musically dissimilar (although if you look at zen arcade, it's not that musically dissimilar)
i'm desperately trying to get a copy of family man, in my opinion criminally underrated

Shit like this is such a shame because Slayer is a legitimately excellent band, but their fans are so cringe

My love of Hardcore drifted into the grindcore/powerviolence/D-Beat camp, but there's nothing better than a good old-fashioned hardcore record.

THE SWAAAAAAAANKYYYYYSSSSS

can someone rec me stuff like pic related

I wanna get into Black Flag, should I just go into a linear discography or is there 1-2 albums. Should here first in order to get hooked? I also prefer a bit of Rollins era but like Morris vocals better

That doesn't make it good faggot

Does this count? I'm going to be honest and say that I don't really know what musical characteristics define punk. I just assume that if it sounds like really shitty and simple sounding rock its punk.

My personal fav is My War. I would say start with Damaged then do My War, then just do whatever the fuck you want.

Check out operation ivy

Pink flag is great

Tbh leftover crack sucks where did they go wrong

Very nice

agreed desu

>weekend nachos
>good

Does anyone else here fucking adore The Shape of Punk to Come by Refused? Seriously one of my fav albums.

Is all you can do is meme? No, no honest question, is all that your insignificant mind is capable of is posting "dope meemeez on da interwebz lmao"? Cause if so you can crawl your scrawny ass back to the defaults where that kind of fuck shit is acceptable. We are here, in this thread, to discuss Refused's socio-political importance on America and more importantly the progression of hardcore punk music and the presumed effect it will have on the coming generations. If you don't feel like contributing, fine but don't you fucking dare come into my thread with that bullshit. We are not here to babysit fucking 12 year olds while their mommies go out everyday to drink their problems (you btw) away, alright? Am I clear?

op ivy is the shit

fuck, i almost fell for that pasta.

youtube.com/watch?v=nEO2TcWuGEY

POLICE, POLICE BASTARD

Oldskool hardcore.

>not Bad Brains

>not posting the superior album

I fucking love this album, thanks for reminding me of it
Shit is hilarious

Most mid-late-90s metalcore, before it went all riffy and proggy. Try indecision and Shai Hulud.

>Tbh leftover crack sucks where did they go wrong

I honestly like LOC. They shifted slightly towards the mainstream, with a little more outside influence, but still pretty good. Still CV is the better group of the two