Insanely underrated and underappreciated

Insanely underrated and underappreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEEg19tjqjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first half is excellent with an extremely interesting premise. Then everything spectacularly falls apart and it descends into space-slasher shit. The use of The Prodigy during the end fucking credits didn't help, either.

This is what sci-fi genrefaggot plebs say. It's appropriately rated as garbage. These genrefaggots on teenage-populated pockets of the internet that love this piece of shit are not a coincidence.

agreed...here's my contribution. i still havent met or talked to anyone that has seen it

I'm not a teenager and this movie is kino.

It's great until it gets to the fucking "dimension of pure eeeeeevil" bollocks. Similar to Sunshine.

why do you do that? that movie was terrible

Not remotely, literally everyone knows it's alright

pic related for retards

anyone who doesn't like sunshine is a faggot. this is proven by science

You're kind of right but at the same time, Sunshine goes equally to shit towards the end. If they were going to do that they should have had the baddie go full villain-quip mode.
>i've been out in the sun too long! mwaahahaha

Explain this.

I'm still bitter that the directors cut never got released

>vengence

daily reminder event horizon was a hidden pilot testing the waters to see if the world is ready for warhammer

we were not worthy

Proof that a Warhammer 40k movie would be fucking legit.

It was good for the first 20-30 minutes and turns mediocre afterwards.

It's a better sci-fi horror than Alien is

This space horror gem is always miscategorized as sci-fi and gets all the turbo nerds rustled.

I enjoyed it but a lot of it is a worse copy of Solaris

I like the black hole machine thing in the spikey gyroscope

>we will never, ever see the original cut

(You)

it hurts

good movie with a great cast. those subliminal images of the crew burning really fucked with me when i saw it in the cinema

(You) know I'm right

bloated yes, but pretty good considering

it was weird how, in the first half, Sam Neill's character was at the mercy of weird events.. and then suddenly he seems to be orchestrating them.

it was meh.

Anyone got all the pics from the cut?

I have never seen Romper Stomper mentioned once on Sup Forums

That's a bretty gud oldie! Sort of an australian and a little rougher This Is England?

God tier theme too
youtube.com/watch?v=LEEg19tjqjQ

>The use of The Prodigy during the end fucking credits didn't help, either.
That's just an untrue statement, every movie should end with funky shit

The entire soundtrack was made up of skinhead songs.

Was discussing Russell Crowe's movies and it came up, as did Virtuosity.
Crowe just shit all over denzel in it.

That track is actually great for the credits! It has a little dark and mysterious vibe to it, but still a lot of energy which is a nice fit right after the tense "OH FUG WUT NEXT?" open ending fakeout.

You may not be a teenager, but you are a fucking pleb.

I thought they were both great but Crowe definitely was having the most fun in it, what do you expect, he's playing a serial killer made in a video game brought into a robot body in the real world.

Man what a great movie.

*tip le fedora*
cool story, old man
you truly are the definition of patrician, my good friend

The Lizard.

Con serving life escapes prison by posing as a visiting cleric. He is taken in by a backwater village where his bizarre sermons and incidental good deeds earn their respect and give the town a new energy.

shilling bad movies is a meme, consider yourself baited

god tier

eric bana is awesome in this one

Had the time of his life. The effects being dated didn't phase me at all watching it, Crowe was too engaging.

Tulpan.

A young man recently discharged from the navy, stays with his sister and brother in law as he attempts to find a bride and live as a herdsman on the steppe.

this one is incredible, sequel is still good but not as powerful as the first

shame this movie isnt mentioned more often.

if anyone has seen four lions and liked it, then you'll like this one also

refn's best work along with his pusher trilogy

That's my go-to recommendation for non aussies keen on watching aus movies.

Bandit Queen.

Based on the life of Phoolan Devi. Surprising brutal for a designated movie given how fucked their censorship laws are.

best sports movie ive seen

gtfo you clown

takes a little long to take off but then it gets fucking intense as hell

Yes OP, I see
Well he became more an avatar of the ship rather than a character himself

Speaking of Sam Neil, this one is another absolute gem that somehow failed

Loved the medieval castle feel in that room with the "torches"

b-better than Slap Shot?
The Dancer Upstairs

A jaded lawyer turned detective heads a task force investigating a sudden series of terrorist attacks by a fanatical Marxist group.
>VIVA EZEKIEL!

I know it's not really a favourite out there, but I liked it!
Ah, nice. I've been having it on my watchlist for some time now, don't even remember why.

Not gonna let any goddamn illegals badmouth Event Horizon in here though!

slap shot is awesome, but the damned united takes the cake for me. everything was done right with that movie

pretty sure we all properly rate and appreciate this one

say you're from reddit. from the heart!

those are actually good, they don't belong in this thread

I'll give that a go.
Blind Shaft.

Black comedy. Two miners discover the perfect scam, bouncing from one pit to another befriending other migrant workers, pretending to be their family before killing them to collect compensation. It's a blatant stab at modern Chinese attitudes to human lives and capitalism. I have no idea how this got made.

i just think theyre very underrappreciated

I usually recommend Two Hands

>The entire soundtrack was made up of skinhead songs.

Weren't they ersatz skinhead songs to avoid having to pay royalties to actual racists?

he film's score was released by Picture This Records. It included the orchestral music and the energetic punk rock music similar to the Oi! genre (recorded by studio musicians).

White Power labels have bootlegged the RAC tracks and released them on a 7" many times since the soundtrack's release. In 2011, a Russian WP label released the whole soundtrack on a 12". The RAC songs are often misattributed to real RAC bands on peer to peer sites, with Skrewdriver being used often. The band is also often called "Master Race" due to Peter Pales's German-language monologue in the beginning of "Pulling On the Boots". Some people have also considered the Australian punk band the Bastard Squad to have done the soundtrack, due to the line "Jason from the Bastard Squad" being in the thank you section at the movie's end credits. The actual versions of the RAC songs used in the film are earlier versions to what ended up on the commercial CD - most obvious being "Fuhrer Fuhrer", which plays in the scene after Hando is notified about Vietnamese being at the Railway Hotel - Clifford-White's intonation is slightly different and there are no backing vocals in the chorus.

It's mostly been US servicemen that ask me about aus movies, I tell them Breaker Morant.

The Bothersome Man

A man stumbles upon a utopian city where death doesn't occur, there are no children and it's citizens occupy themselves with interior decoration. Fucking horrifying.

Perfect Kino

good shit

good shit, also watch The Raid if you like this shit

>not Miracle

Absolute Hundred.

When an up and coming target shooter discovers his war veteran/ former Olympian brother is heavily indebted by his heroin addiction, he decides to confront his drug dealer.

my fuckin nigga

AGAIN.

my nigga. one of my favorite underrated movies. first time i've ever seen it mentioned on Sup Forums

Great movie. When hes under the bed tho

Agree.

I watched this a few months ago and I shitted myself. But like most of terror films, the end is kinda weak.

I like how the hell scene where the captain of the ship bends over and gets fucked by a female crew member wearing a strapon basically suggests that homosexuality is an incredibly debased and abnormal thing, which is very accurate

I watched it the other day, I must have missed that bit

>first world problems the movie

>guy getting pegged
>homosexual

I bet you even see homosexuality in the mirror.

Is this you?

Yeah it's kinda hard to make out because it's visible for like only 2 or 3 seconds whilst the shaking camera is panning across the room, but if you keep your view focused at the star navigation chart in the middle of the bridge you'll see it easily

Also, during several of the subliminal gore/torture stills within the FTL/interdimensional drive core room you can make out a bunch of garden gnome figurines in the background very faintly, just pause and screencap and you will see i'm not making this up heh

More movies should start with Sarah Silverman getting her face punched in during an opening scene that has no relation to the rest of the movie whatsoever.

Was really good until the end where gravity and momentum are suspended in lieu of dramatic tension.

This too.

You are a gigantic faggot.

This movie is one of the better sci-fi horror films out there. I wouldn't say 'insanely underrated and underappreciated' though. It has people who like it because it's kind of great and people who hate it cause it's kinda stupid.

I think pic related is underrated and underappreciated.

Thought this would be terrible, turned out to be one of my now favorite movies of all time.

Is that the "harden the fuck up" guy?

That movie proved to me that if you make something bad enough eventually it wraps all the way around and becomes the most amazing thing ever.

>vengence
is this poster real?

> bad

I legitimately thought it was funny. It also followed the source material very well.

Monkey cgi was lame tho

I did too, but I can't process the idea of something made by Uwe Boll being good, therefore the exact opposite must be true.
From the moment that cop shot the old lady at the stop light I don't think I was able to stop laughing for more than a couple minutes in the entire film.

How can it descend into a slasher when thats what it is?

>Similar to Sunshine.
They're both great, I don't know which order to recommend them to people in; the question is whether a batch of movies is best watched in order of increasing realism or craziness.

>underrated
really? eveyone i know who saw it says it was great

So, Sunshine then? I agree.

what was so great about Sunshine?

you must only know shitty people

Same thing that was great about Event Horizon. The atmosphere, a realistic space setting, and a good cast.

Is it as bad as event horizon, or is it even worse?

If you didn't like Event Horizon you wont like Sunshine.

I'd say its better but the problems are very, very similar. It doesn't have demons and magic like EH though