I'm sorry guys I tried

I'm sorry guys I tried

Not really feeling this one. Really wanted to but idk maybe I'm not in the mood but I didn't like it

There are parts when im starting to enjoy it but then the male vocal comes on and he takes me out.

He sounds like Robin Williams or a Robin Williams impression and I just can't stand it. What ever his name is ruined this album for me

What did you guys think about this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Oq9hpyB6dg
youtube.com/watch?v=o9gK2fOq4MY
youtube.com/watch?v=HldHtBxNK6k
youtu.be/XsUAt5Z1fcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Excellent album but it also didn't click on my first listen, I originally thought it was repetitive. I love it now though.

His vocals aren't too abrasive though; do you listen to a lot of atypical vocals?

I listened to it once and half listened the first track again I like everything going on exceot his delivery

There's something about him. It really sounds like Robin Williams to me and makes the whole thing a joke

What do you mean by atypical vocals? Can you give me an example

Same. Been there. Trying listening to it after sometime. Eventually you'll be in love with this album. Not a David Bryne fan BTW, I find him overrated.

I'll sleep on it then. Maybe come back in a few months

Listen to it a few times, and listen to the rest of their discography too while you're at it. All of it is good.

Atypical means "not typical", as in do you listen to music with vocals that are not typical. Being on Sup Forums you've probably heard of Bjork or Mangum, two vocalists that don't necessarily have voices that are considered beautiful by most.
Getting more invested in music you start to appreciate different qualities. Most people like clean tone vocals and there really is a narrow range they find acceptable.
Come back to it later and see how it goes, I suggest watching videos on them live. Really goes with the charisma of David, like how Prince's screams can't be separated from his stage presence.

Are you people retarded it's an accessible pop album

Though there are J Cole threads alive right now so I'm not surprised by neo/mu/'s plebishness

Thoughts on the New Talking Heads?

youtu.be/_Oq9hpyB6dg

Talking Heads: 77 is better

Chill man, people are allowed to have varying opinions. OP never said it was a bad album, I don't think anyone did. Just that they didn't enjoy it.

Personally, I like it a lot. It's an album that grew with each listen.

Classic album. Get your shit together and take the dicks out of your ears.

not the biggest fan of most of their stuff but when they get it right they are god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=o9gK2fOq4MY

there's literally nothing wrong with J. Cole

Mangum is cool so is Bjork

I dont mind odd

Idk I guess maybe I was expecting psychedlic rock before going in and got something else

OP really surprised here

this is great

the live version >>>>>>>>>>>
youtube.com/watch?v=HldHtBxNK6k

>still not posting the best version.

youtu.be/XsUAt5Z1fcs

That statement is false

I'm a fan of Cole, but he's not perfect.

how is that album this is from

is it better than in the OP

I think so, yeah. Most don't. Give Swamp a listen at the very least.

ew

Pleb.

Talking Heads is pretty far from psych pop. I'd say they're new wave/post-punk/proto-funk with a dash of prog. Think Devo (another fantastic band that I don't see very much discussed here, unfortunately).

This