Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gscl5WCQ3k0
youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the Game of Thrones treatment

Is this the new wider audience?

>>"giving Dune the Game of Thrones treatment"
I don't remember timetravel being in the books.

If they aren't going to take it to god emperor, they can fuck right the hell off.

>the Game of Thrones treatment
>shit writing
>stronk female characters

fuck u phony

I can't even get excited in the slightest since it's inevitable that they will POZ the shit out of it. Sad.

I was picturing Fassbender as Ledo when I read it a few months ago.

How did you make that URL direct to that shit?

Also
>tfw pic related will never get the GoT treatment

they're literally built around prescience yo

>fucking bitches this will teach them for ignoring me

congrats, you trolled me

it means they will shoe a lot of tits in dune

tricked

I sure hope they won't go past first book. I wouldn't be able appeal to wide audience while remaining loyal to the source material.

>all these newfags have never seen this bait posted

lol

DON'T FUCK THIS UP!

and flaccid cocks

>clicking on sources before you've exhausted your opinions
>ever

>this will surely get me laid

>people are so desperate for a half-decent thread, they'll respond to fake news threads

LOL FUCKING LOSERS MAN

>"giving Dune the Game of Thrones treatment
Oh God no

I guess there won't be any space jews, eh?

Jodorowsky should be in charge of this.

DUDE LSD LMAO

>2016
>Dune
>on HBO
>Muad'Dib gon be a flaming homo
screenshot this

HOLY FUCK YESS PLEASE

FUCK YOU

;_;

I'd love to see what HBO would actually do with Dune - what they would change from the books.

They could easily make 10 seasons from all 6 books.

>but is Leto going to become a time traveller?

>How did you make that URL direct to that shit?
Not OP, but only the numbers in the URL matter to direct to the page; you can put any words in that you want and it will still work.

David Lynch's Dune was so much wtf...

WHY would he choose 1920's clothing for humans to wear in the year 10,000 AD?

I will use this knowledge for evil

HBO would love adapting Dune: Book 4 has God Emperor Leto command an entire female army by his side because he states how he does not trust males due to their lusts.

>I just really wanna see Leto's Sandworm design on screen, but I bet if they did do it, it would be crappy CGI

No. I like Jodorowsky but the fact that his vision of Dune was never made probably saved his career.

Frank Herbert was not some LSD gulping hippie. At the heart of it Dune was a very conservative adventure novel with a rather interesting dissection of the hero archetype.

>mfw space isis leads mankind on the golden path

why would an intergalactic civilization revert to monarchy?

Well they better not cast all white people

One of the only good things about Lynch's Dune was the soundtrack.

THAT was fucking 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=gscl5WCQ3k0

Otherwise I didn't really get into it. I prefer the Mini series.

The casting though was all genius.

>the heart of it Dune was a very conservative adventure novel

>its a frank herbert goes off on a tangent bitching about those dirty condescending liberals chapter

HBO gets the "hidden notebook" and the series has a proper ending and not the story line about robots

The big bad guys were fucking facedancers not A super computer

REEEEEEEEEEEE

You're oversimplifying. Plus how is it "conservative" to meld yourself with an entire different species in order to preserve the indefinite expansion of new forms of humanity across the universe? That's like the opposite of conservatism. Did you perhaps mean "conservationism?"

>strong female characters
But that's in the books already, more so than GoT.

>Safaris through ancestral memories teach me many things. The patterns, ahhh, the patterns. Liberal bigots are the ones who trouble me most. I distrust the extremes. Scratch a conservative and you find someone who prefers the past over any future. Scratch a liberal and find a closet aristocrat. It's true! Liberal governments always develop into aristocracies. The bureaucracies betray the true intent of people who form such governments. Right from the first the little people who formed the governments which promised to equalize the social burdens found themselves suddenly in the hands of bureaucratic aristocracies. Of course, all bureaucracies follow this pattern, but what a hypocrisy to find this even under a communized banner. Ahhh, well, if patterns teach me anything it's that patterns are repeated. My oppressions, by and large, are no worse than any of the others and, at least, I teach a new lesson.

Herbert really does go on a rant about how horrible liberals are in one of the books.

Not to mention the entire fourth book is about how humanity needs a strong god/father figure to lead them.

The mini series had way better costumes

they look like star wars extras

Legends of the galactic heroes needsthe HBO treatment

is this really a thing, god I hope not.

CAN WE STOP HAVING MOVIES AND SERIES DERIVED FROM SHIT ALREADY DONE!!??

The Miniseries was hit and miss, really. Some of the sets were pretty good, but the cinematography was nowhere up to snuff compared to Lynchs Dune. The Soundtrack wasn't nearly as good, and the whole mini-serialized nature really hurt the pacing.

On the other hand they had some boobies, and they had some progression.

All the plastic elements of the costumes however were really shit,
as was all the CGI.

All in all I think I personally prefer Lynchs movie for better visuals, cinematography and actors :)

>The Soundtrack wasn't nearly as good
Children of Dune had a 10/10 soundtrack otherwise the 2000 mini series wasn't as memorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk

I thought it rather bland.
But maybe I am wrong and my last viewing just didnt let me notice the music at all.

>Paul = Jon Snow
>Chani = Ygritte

>Paul from his own house like Jon travels into the wilderness and meets Chani/Ygritte and forms a relationship

Am I the only one who thinks these are a bit similar? Especially with Game of Thrones and Dune both having many house parties: all the Atreides family being split up right at the beginning of the story.

It seems like George R. R. Martin was loosely basing GoT off Dune.

Dune?

No listen to it again; it had so many amazing themes - the theme song was even used in the Indy 4 teaser trailer

Perhaps "conservative" was the wrong choice of words. I merely mean Herbert was less interested in experimental imagery and more concerned with telling a well crafted story (though of course how successful he was is debatable).

You are right though, his series broke a lot of ground in terms of how the role of the "hero", in that mythologized sense, is portrayed.

I also forgot how beautiful Chani was

>oh did I cry so much during Part 1 of Children of Dune - such a sad episode ending.

It had pretty good CGI for 2003

>humanity needs a strong god/father figure to lead them.
Right-wing collectivism ftw. Americuck conservacucks btfo

He is conservative in the societal meaning. Using technology to spread humans across the universe isn't the same as a liberal society.

see

>Dune
>Michael Fassbender

I'm hype, yo.

Should i read the book?

Posting best Leto concept

>I opened a thread hoping for this months ago
>feelsgoodman.jpg

You only believe that because you're a mincing faggot who fears authority. While secretly wanting it to ram it's cock down your throat.

We can do it men, meme magic.

>book
Read the series fag

Not bad. Doesn't look like vagina face

>fassbender
>wasted on a character that dies 10 pages in the first book.

>10 pages in
Sure.

Also, he is integral to God Emperor.

Is the Lynch's film worth checking out?

Why would I advocate for a collectivist authority that subsumes the autonomy of individuals if I "feared authority?" You don't even know what you're talking about. But please feel free to lob more homophobic insults at me in defense of freedom and liberty.

>stronk female characters
Dune was doing that shit before it was ever a thing. Fremen women are all badasses. The Bene Gesserit manipulate damn near everything that happens in the entire series.

You fear/want singular authority, but lots of authority (dicks) at the same time is much more palatable.

they'll make the Fremen an open sexual society, they'll all be bi

>t. 12-year-old

Oh

My

Gosh

I'm going to buy a TV for this.

Depending on how they treat or of they cover some of the stranger shit (like those fishbowl hyper drive pilots or that half man half worm emperor) mite b cool

Absolutely KINOGRAPHY

i hope they stick to the original six books, and leave the new Brian Herbert/Kevin J Anderson shit out of it

adult Alia was so damn sexy

I wouldn't mind some of Winds of Dune

>Dune series
>Brian Herbert is part of the crew

how would you react?

Means it will be complete shit and have endless feminism and cuckoldry crammed Into every scene while abandoning everything iconic from the source material

what the fuck with all this clipped highlights
fire the dp

>implying thats real light

What would an intergalactic civilization be then? Democracy? Surely you jest?

I hope theyre all on Feyd

As long as he leaves his Dune stuff out of it, this is a good thing

I haven't been so disappointed in a topic on Sup Forums in years.
This doesn't make me angry, it just makes me sad.

you just know he'd try to shoehorn it in or god forbid try to write some extra scenes

What the hell are you talking about? This show had some of the best cinematography I've seen in a mini series

God Emperor was about Leto II being such a colossal dick--the ultimate asshole dad, charismatic leader figure, whatever--that the species collectively decided, on an incredibly fundamental level, never again to allow such a thing to happen.

You're thinking about Brian Herbert's Ultimate Idaho Kwisatz Robohaderach

i'm almost positive it will be used for backstory

It's weird, but good. If you've ever played the videogames, a lot of their aesthetics/mechanics come from the Lynch film.

I have a bad feeling they will use the Fremen to push a serious pro-muslim agenda

Can someone tell me why they are called mentat assains?

Do they go on assassination runs or something or do they merely plot assassinations? It seems foolish to keep a hyper intelligent computer like man who's skilled in assassination close to you.

>God Emperor was about Leto II being such a colossal dick
He reminded me exactly of Luke in Episode 7, but at least Leo II didn't abandon every single person

hmm the Fremen no doubt had Arabic influences

It didn't have as many spooky scenes compared to his other works
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U

>space muslims go on a genocidal holy war that kills billions

I don't see a way for them to present them entirely in a positive light

>a 15-second part at the very end of a mediocre film with ZERO lines reminds me of a character who becomes a giant worm over the course of multiple novels

I hope they use HR Giger's designs for it