If he'd had modern training, equipment, and ran on a modern track would be have been faster than Bolt?

If he'd had modern training, equipment, and ran on a modern track would be have been faster than Bolt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8COaMKbNrX0
youtube.com/watch?v=xGyJrMdwDv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hard to say. his times are now high school track meet times.

No way. The sport is more globalized now than it was then. More monetized. The level of competition is so much greater. Access to the sport, availability of track scholarships, the rise of nations outside the top maybe 10 or so globally by GDP as legitimate athletic producers, there are just so many factors beyond training and equipment that have raised the level of competition.

By modern training you mean modern doping right

was the track cinder or sand for the Berlin games? because i know Hayes ran a 10 flat on cinder in the Tokyo games and he is about the only one that could out sprint Bolt

I think he would have been. Either way given his circumstances and what was going on during the time I would say he is definitely one the best of all time. Fuck Hitler.

Hitler literally did nothing wrong though. It was FDR who treated him like shit

The pol leak is actually a real thing?

I dunno. Owens' sense of purpose in the Berlin games was probably even more important than his physical gifts and training.

FDR didn’t do anything to honor Jesse Owens after his prolific Olympic win—nor did he acknowledge his victory. And while the media went on the tirade reporting false news that the German leader refused to shake Jesse Owens hands, it turned out that the story was a lie.

In fact, Jesse Owens wrote in his autobiography, “Hιtler didn’t snub me—it was FDR who snubbed me. The president didn’t even send me a telegram.”

President Franklin D. Roosevelt never invited Jesse Owens to the White House or hold a ticker tape parade in his honor which is customary for American athletes.

Instead it was Hιtler who sent Owens “a commemorative inscribed cabinet photograph of himself.” And according to the MailOnline.co.uk, legendary sports reporter Siegfried Mischner, 83, Owens carried around a photograph of Hιtler in his wallet.

Mischner reported that in the 1960’s, Owens was desperately trying to change the unfair reports on the furor’s attitude towards him and was trying to get journalists to report on the truth of what really happened at the 1936 Olympic games.

Mischner told the MailOline.co.uk, “It {the photograph} was taken behind the honor stand and so not captured by the world’s press. But I saw it, I saw him shaking Hitler’s hand.”

Not an argument

Holy shit you absolutely BTFO that dude

No.

Humans are getting taller, which means more and more humans are growing up tall while still being proportional. Bolt is 6'5" but his body is proportionally similar to smaller men so his running stride isn't affected, he can just take longer strides.

Owens was 5'10" so even with modern medicine and training he'd still have to compete with Bolt's extra leg length.

But most sprinters are Owens height. Bolt is the odd one out

And that's why he's faster than all of them.

>dislike your country for treating you and your race as inferior
>carry a man's photograph in your wallet committing mass genocide because he believes certain people are inferior

wtf I hate Jesse Owens now

>Fuck Hitler
hitler was nice to him though
same with the german athletes

heres a video from the memesters at ted x about jessie owens technology vs todays technology
youtube.com/watch?v=8COaMKbNrX0

Most people are like that: as long as you treat them well you're a nice guy, regardless of how you treat everyone else.

>Fuck Hitler
What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=xGyJrMdwDv4

imagining that the hand-timing of all of these old games was spot-on.

margin of error: FUCKING MASSIVE

sense of purpose doesn't mean a single thing in athletics, except maybe in a marathon or ultra-marathon

certainly means zero in a sprint

I'm surprised that more sprinters aren't closer to 6'6" than they are to 6'.

In every other sport (pool swimming and track cycling) the sprinters are tall.

If Jim Thorpe had access to the same training and equipment, would he have run faster than Jesse?

This is why you can't compare across eras

>Instead it was Hιtler who sent Owens “a commemorative inscribed cabinet photograph of himself.” And according to the MailOnline.co.uk, legendary sports reporter Siegfried Mischner, 83, Owens carried around a photograph of Hιtler in his wallet.
>its actually true

no he's close by like at most a .5 of a second, I cant find the paper but someone calculated the differences between modern shoe grip on modern track field vs old shoes on old tracks and it shaved Owens time by alot

Bolt is biomechanically superior because of his height and weight is optimal for running

Jesse Owens is a little bit shorter but he would still be incredibly fast now, humans arent getting that much faster, we just been using better techniques and equipment (only applicable for sprinting tho, long distance and other track and field events are way different now than it was 60 years ago)

Louie Zamperini from Unbroken was also at the 1936 Berlin Olympics... Neither Zamperini nor Lash was believed to have much chance of winning the 1936 Olympics 5000-meter race against world record holder Lauri Lehtinen. Zamperini later related several anecdotes from his Olympic experience, including gorging himself on the boat trip to Europe: "I was a Depression-era kid who had never even been to a drugstore for a sandwich," he said. "And all the food was free. I had not just one sweet roll, but about seven every morning, with bacon and eggs. My eyes were like saucers."[12] By the end of the trip, Zamperini, in common with most athletes on the ship, had gained a good deal of weight: in Zamperini's case, 12 pounds (5 kg). While the weight gain was not advantageous for his running, it was necessary for his health, as he had lost 15 pounds (7 kg) while training in the summer heat in New York for the Olympic Trials.

Zamperini finished eighth in the 5000-meter distance event at that Olympics, but his final lap of 56 seconds was fast enough to catch the attention of Adolf Hitler, who insisted on a personal meeting.[13] As Zamperini told the story, Hitler shook his hand, and said simply, "Ah, you're the boy with the fast finish."

Because they're not proportional.
Bolt does better than other tall men at sprinting because he has average male proportions in a larger body while taller people have tall proportions that make them better at jumping and swimming but worse at sprinting.

Hitler did meet him and did shake His hand and wished him well. Eric "winkle"Brown witnessed it and you can see the doc about Brown on youtube where he tells the tale. The oft quoted rubbish about Hitler refusi g to meet or shake hands with him is the usual media crap and has nothing to do with reality.

Sp is part of set inside pol's universe.

This isn't 1946 granddad, you'll need to virtue signal in a more modern way now

Praise the refugee team, maybe