There is such a thing as bad taste

>There is such a thing as bad taste.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

musicthatmakesyoudumb.virgil.gr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No bad taste. That chart was only made to stroke the egos of pretentious teenagers that listen to "real music".

>Sufjan Stevens less dumb than the entire fucking genre of jazz
LOL

what do the numbers represent?

wtf is this shit

musicthatmakesyoudumb.virgil.gr/

>I've listened to artists who after listening to I thought to myself "Wow... loving this rubbish says a lot about someone and how much they got going on in their head." Could one's musical tastes say something about intelligence? How about SAT scores? Well, like any good scientist, I decided to see how well my personal experience matches reality.

there is such thing as bad taste
since music is art,there are some rules to it,not follwing the rules results in bad music
many might think that top 40 music is bad,but it consists of well structured songs
this makes them mediocre,with no innovation,but not bad
bad music is usually from artists who tried to innovate,but ended up making a huge mess instead

What is the point of this?

>what is the point of discussing music on a music thread?

get out

The chart is very clearly made up of socioeconomic factors.

to me a bad taste in music is where you have not listened to enough music to decide whats good or bad. for example how can you say that pink floyd or the beatles are good if you haven't heard whats on fuckin radio 1 at the moment

yeah i can tell, the test should be based on the score relative to the school rating

why are pink floyd, bon jovi, bowie, u2, the dave mattews band and aerosmith rock and not classic rock?

>get out
With pleasure.

I was asking what the point of this is because I can't see what it should be used for.

>Misc

>I was asking what the point of this is because I can't see what it should be used for.

now i think about it, what should this be used for? music is an art, not based on fact, i dont see why we should treat it as such

>System Of A Down
>Disturbed
>Tool
>representing metal
Fuck this.

Yeah cuzoom, cozy if you flat that nine I'm not going to be happy

>1. Get a friend of yours to download, using Facebook, the ten most frequent "favorite music" at every college via that college's Network Statistics page on Facebook (manually -- as not to violate Facebook's ToS). These ten "favorite musics" are perhaps indicative of the overall intellectual milieu of that college.
>2. Download the average SAT/ACT score (from CollegeBoard) for students attending every college
>3. Presto! We have a correlation between musical tastes and dumbitude (smartitude too)!

This is the biggest heap of bullshit I have ever seen, good job OP

>jazz
>frank Sinatra
>norah jones

interesting, a lot of music i listen to are in the middle and up

> i have a biased opinion. here's how i cherry picked information and made a useless graph to show on my bullshit blog