/prod/

flum edition

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WIPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a fag for not going to soundcloud threads.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/phzet3ku
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-no-satan
clyp.it/svomkzgp
clyp.it/ncijifga
clyp.it/oadotplj
clyp.it/h54nwx5j
clyp.it/ha4ecgrr
clyp.it/4marapmz
clyp.it/313nxfcd
clyp.it/p3spx4zi
clyp.it/gbzlsniy
clyp.it/pnhtn2sx
clyp.it/0nydblog
clyp.it/fdl2vpmo
clyp.it/z510pnzp
youtube.com/watch?v=v5km_gUtTw8
youtube.com/watch?v=0dtkfpTwDxU
clyp.it/fzurgfsb
clyp.it/xa0d5ghm
youtube.com/watch?v=vXhmyyXFd5I
instaud.io/GLK
drive.google.com/open?id=0B0o7GkfWTbNHbW54YU5VSlFmZGc
youtube.com/watch?v=JpTg6nroby4
clyp.it/yymkder3
clyp.it/ykoi5mc3
arturia.com/products/analog-classics/mini-v/overview
youtube.com/watch?v=pcNG-zMlB8Q
clyp.it/0z30f10v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

clyp.it/phzet3ku
should I continue this? it's obviously not mastered and I will fix the chords tomrrow

Why make this?

You just added a bunch of fucked up sounds to a song lmao even the drop is garbage

If this sounds remotely good to you, you must be fucking retarded.
Holy shit.

no you shouldnt, this thread shouldnt even continue. i cant take a single clypit seriously, they're all bait clyps this is a bait thread i wish this site would get shut down

This is really bad, fampai

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-no-satan

Original samples
NO SATAN

You can't fool me, you look far too old to be Mr Benitez

its me though
kek

NO satan beat nigga

It's still him.

How incredibly depressing.

Don't Stop with Gross Beat - clyp.it/svomkzgp

Don't Stop - clyp.it/ncijifga

I'll take #2 please

Can someone tell me whether this is at all listenable? I'm not really used to producing this kind of stuff and can never tell if I'm on the right track or not. The levels are probably way off, I only have headphones and I haven't really even thought about mixing yet because I don't really know how.
clyp.it/oadotplj

Hey guys, i'm building a pure electronic music studio. What are some essentials?

Midi keyboard & studio monitors & an audio interface are really the bare essentials you need, plus a DAW of course. but if you cant afford monitor speakers then settle with monitor headphones. ive been using my Audio technica ath M50x for almost 2 years now and they are hands down the best headphones on the market, i dont even have monitoring speakers yet, but i do just fine with my headphones.

hey buddy i really liked the track, but your gross beat version was a little lacking and so was the one without

here, I'll show you how a pro-level mastering engineer fixes the mix:

clyp.it/h54nwx5j

thank me later, and yes those are top of the line UAD plugins

flum here ama

clyp.it/ha4ecgrr
i need a lead to this.

clyp.it/4marapmz
another one.

does learning to sing helps with ear training?

here u go buddy no problem:

clyp.it/313nxfcd

hope u liked the vocals, got my neumann out for this one

wanna collab? hit me up on soundcloud my addy is xXxNInJAStYleZzZzXxX

That's bangin broseph

Any Reaktor users here?

i use it from time to time, i really do wanna dive deep into it and learn the mechanics of it but i dont see myseft doing that anytime soon. some of the synths & effects on there are really good. reaktor is like a daw in and of itsleft.

I use Razor a lot.

I think Reaktor is probably the best value bit of music gear I've ever bought. If I was to have to start from scratch again I think Reaktor would be the first thing I bought. So many really nice synths, Blocks wired, Effects, plus you can build your own stuff or download stuff other people have built.

What should I add to this?

clyp.it/p3spx4zi

This is my first time recording something in this style, I usually make indie music.

Where do I find some good Korg/Moog lead sounds for Synth1? I found some decent ones in the huge-ass preset pack I downloaded but I forgot to write down the name

I want to do live dub mixes and shit with my mpc 1000, is a soundcraft epm 12 mixer an allright choice if i could get it used for less than a 100 euro?
Here are the specs:

>12 Mono and 2 Stereo channels
>3-Band EQ with sweepable mids
>Insert per channel
>2 Aux Sends switchable pre/post
>Solo/Mute switch per channel
>Dynamic Peak-LED thomann per channel
>L/R and Monitor outputs
>Separate Routing for Playback input
>48V Phantom power
>Integrated power supply
Also i know next to nothing about mxiers so yeh

for live dub mixes, I would think you'd want more than 2 Aux Sends. But i dont know what is standard for that genre...are just 2 delays all that are needed?

one for delay one for reverb, wouldnt that be enough?
also i guess i could get a little dub pedalboard going on the main ouput, would that work?

not a Sup Forums fag, just a simple user

what's the easiest way to play live music with a USB MIDI keyboard? Ableton?

it's as easy as anything else

deflemask is the easiest I know of.

kill you're self.

FUCK ME, i am onto somthing.

thanks senpai

Caustic into a tablet/iphone more portable i guess and cheaper

hey guys, this is almost done

could I get some feedback please? I will return it :)

clyp.it/gbzlsniy

it doesn't sound that good. something is wrong with the chords in certain parts.

you should learn synthesis

yes

fuck, this is pretty good

Shameful bump for feedback

use noizemaker and steal his patches cant not be that hard is monophonic emulation for godsake

it's kinda all over the place

you can remove those dubstep stuff and slow a bit the tempo to make it a nigger song

>clyp.it/oadotplj
what dubstep is there in it? I think it's already trap desu

True, I feel like everything I make is like that. Thanks, I'll try and fix it somewhat

how long have you been producing for

Hard to say, I've been screwing around in DAWs a while but I'm only just starting to really make shit if that makes any sense. Almost all my experience is in brass instruments

So, to be more accurate, that's probably my fourth or fifth attempt at making a beat

clyp.it/pnhtn2sx
>footwork

The mixdown on this feels wrong, but I can't put a finger on why

>clyp.it/gbzlsniy
the mid-highs in the snare are too loud imo
I would also throw some low pass filter sweeps over the looped vocals when there the only thing playing to avoid them getting grating

UPDATE = clyp.it/0nydblog

On a serious note, i'am working on this track for the past 4moths and i cant quit finish it i don't know why, it's sounds a bit oriental : clyp.it/fdl2vpmo

It honestly sounds like farts. Is this legit or troll?

clyp.it/z510pnzp
>trap-ish
>beats
>samples
really pretty!! i like it
that kick and hats are massacring the mix tho imo, the guitar could use some fattening up as well
ah shit that goes hard as hell m8, feels like it could use some more defined snare action at the beginning, but that end is fucking flawless frfr
good, good shit m8

why is /prod/ so much better on average than sc threads

>the guitar could use some fattening up as well
Not really possible unfortunately since it's a sample. I eq'd it hard to mask the drums that were already there:
youtube.com/watch?v=v5km_gUtTw8

you've been flum-rolled

hmmmmm

clypit compression kinda sounds like ass compared to youtube

still shit

An Atari ST Computer running Notator or Cubase or simply an Alesis MMT-8, a midi to cv converter, a Minimoog, a Moog Minitaur, a Sequential Circuits Pro-One, a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks, an Oberheim SEM (Patch Panel), an Oberheim OB-8, a Yamaha DX100, a Yamaha CX5M, a Yamaha TX81Z, a Casio CZ 101, an Ensoniq ESQ-1, an Acidlab Miami, a Roland MC-202, a Roland R8, a Roland D-50, a Roland SH32, a Commodore 64 with the Prophet 64 cart, an NES with the MidiNES cart, a Gameboy with Nanoloop, a Paia Fatman, a lot of West Coast Synthesis Eurorack modules with a lot of cables, a lot of pedals, a Rocktron Banshee Talk Box, an Electro Harmonix EH-0300 vocoder, a Tascam Portastudio 414 Mkii Multi-track Cassette Recorder, a Pioneer SR-202 Spring Reverb, and a C-Thru Music Axis-49 midi controller

kek

i am going to buy a soldering station B)))))))))) and then a bunch of eurorack PCBs B))))))))) and make a bunch of fuckin eurorack modules B))))))))))) and then be a pro solderer and make more B)))))))))) who here likes my idea B))))))))))

circuit bend a toy or something first so you dont shred hundred dollar DIY eurorack sets

clyp.it/fzurgfsb

thanks!

clyp.it/xa0d5ghm
I don't think its finished but you tell me.

why do people like this guy? literally WIP-tier

ive never really listened to old skrillex stuff before but im amazed. How is he "playing" these instruments? specifically here

youtube.com/watch?v=vXhmyyXFd5I

I dont see how this is all sampling with a keyboard. I don't get how he has so much control and flexibility with his sounds. The fuck is he doing? 23 seconds in. Is that a guitar? sounds so choppy. I like it. The fuck is that 38 seconds in? 53 seconds is the chorus. You hear all kinds of split second sounds that are somehow in tune and sound good. As you can tell I don't know shit about high level sound design.

it's just soft synths dude he just uses a whole lot of different sounds

no I've already done it a lot before this will just be with a non shit iron

so hes playing all his sounds on a keyboard?

it's not one sound, I can hear about 5 different synths in the track.

or just programming the notes into a DAW (more likely)

is the drop kick sidechained to the 808 in that? also how would I even go about designing that late night vibe drop ambient synth?

I'm not sure you know much about sound design at all, because what you're talking about is not even sound design. You're talking about the arrangement. There is no "sampling with a keyboard" and I don't even know what you mean by that.

What do you mean by control and flexibility? You can put a sound wherever you want at whatever time in the arrangement using just about any DAW, it's just a matter of him arranging many different sounds together in a short space of time that makes it sound so hectic.

I don't need all those to produce music do i? i thought less is more. man what a headache to connect all of those..

My friends who I'm working with on an album thinks he's hot shit with ableton on production and mixing and mastering, it's gets really annoying. What should I do?

send us some of his work and let us be the judge

whats most common thing to add an LFO to when trying to create "talking" synths? filter cut off?

2 notches(usually in the mids) in an EQ/filter that are automated to move closer towards each other

saved

i'm looking to get a 2i2 audio interface to connect my volca keys to my laptop to play around with different filters and effects meaning i wouldnt have to spend a ton on pedals and other hardware if i dont know what sound i'm after

is this viable? i want to be using this live
will i need one of these cables to get soundout of both speakers?
which software/plugins should i look into?

WE BOTH FUCKING CHOKE,
SHIT FUCK, I THINK I'M GONNA BE BROKE,
LET'S JUST TAKE ANOTHER FUKIN TOKE,
GET LOC, GET LOC, GET LOC.

instaud.io/GLK

Maybe this thread can help me out..

I've ripped some samples used in the music for Kingdom Hearts, the music in the game is 90% sequenced midi stuff. What I want to know is what sample packs/synth did the composer use for the music used in the game? I think they used a Kurzweil or something, help me Sup Forums.

Here's a link to a .zip file containing a WIP soundfont along with some instrument .wav files.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B0o7GkfWTbNHbW54YU5VSlFmZGc

Dear experts What keyboards and techniques are in this
youtube.com/watch?v=JpTg6nroby4

PS don't let your mom catch you watching this unless you want her to think you aren't gay bcuz it contains a lot of almost naked hoes.

?

I used to use an Atari ST back in the day, sold it about 15 years ago. A mate of mine just bought one last year to run midi in his studio. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want to use an Atari, why wouldn't you just use a laptop running logic or cubase?...10 minutes with that fucking mouse and it'd be flung out the fucking window.

FUCK ME
>clyp.it/yymkder3

holy shit

>dude arca lmao
>dude flum lmao
>dude I have good production skills but I can't make a coherent piece of music lmao

help me, my krk rp5s (brand new) are giving me a strange noise, the buzz doesn't rise as i turn up the volume and if i unplug one monitor the buzz stops on both, the sc is a focusrite scarlett 2i4

Retard here, couldn't find any better thread to post this and didn't want to shit up the board by making one.

I'm adding a release to discogs but I don't know what genre to put it as.
What is this?
clyp.it/ykoi5mc3

arturia.com/products/analog-classics/mini-v/overview

Is this worth getting if you're going to play funk/fusion/prog and shit? Is there anything better available?

You think so? Can you explain a little more?

Actually, just saw some other people saying that Diva shits on Arturia, does anybody here use Diva? Is it worth putting down the cash for?

>clyp.it/yymkder3
Firstly: The theremin synth is gay as fuck
Secondly: There is zero tension and release if you're going to use a bunch of random sounds you better make sure your composition is exciting
Thirdly: having the same fucking fx before the snare is fucking repetive and stupid, the snare loses it's importance if you use the effect on every snare.
Fourth: It sounds like background music trying really hard to be noticed

see these songs if you want an example of what random assorted sounds should sound like

youtube.com/watch?v=pcNG-zMlB8Q

Thank you SO FUCKING much, I've been into making music only for 2 years and everybody keeps saying just "hey that's cool good keep it up :)"
That's an actual advice user, ty

ayy how's this unfinished thing

clyp.it/0z30f10v

I was thinking about picking this up for my home studio, anyone know of a similar alternative? I'd like to put an ableton push 2 on the bottom tray, with the top for my effect pedals. I want to be able to tweak them with a two tier Z stand for my synths off beside it. Running out of space badly, this is the best I've seen.

picking what up, I think you forgot the pic

what daw did you use to make this?

is it possible to make music without rythm, melody, harmony, chords?

Anyone here read the iZotope mixing/mastering guides? Are they actually good or just product shilling?

anything is possible