Has any user built -not bought- his own house yet?

has any user built -not bought- his own house yet?
I know it's a bit of a stretch, but maybe there are some oldfags who grew to be worth a damn.

I'm going to buy some property by the end of this year and although I, I mean we, don't plan to start building in an instant, we have to start making SOME plans of how this will go down.

property size: about 5000m² or 53,819.55 sqft
4300m² (~46.000sqft) are building plot and garden, 700m² (7.500sqft) are woodland - a stripe on the west side of the property

I'd be happy if you have any advice for me.

webm unrelated, just some titties for attion

NYPA, dumbass.

Budget?

I don't think you know what you're saying. stop being a newfag

minus the property we try to stay under or around 200.000€ (225,000$)

Do yo have any friends willing to help you with skills?

Youre going to have to on everyones ass about everything to got it done with the deadline. Glass, depending on what type usually comes at a set point and they have to recieve the money before they will let it out of their hands.

Youre going to need to have jnspectors come in and deem it safe so you had best have technical drawing and calculations to back it up. Get yourself a good archetect

Youre going to have to

A propriety this large at this price? Its not impossible but it depends on where you live and also are you entirely building it yourself of using a contractor?

Sorry for the disjointed replies. Im super tired and on a phone. But make sure you document everything so you can show the council and safty authorities. Be aware of the laws about height and shit

the property is fairly cheap, because it belonged to a old guy who lived on his own. he was a messy and the house is absolutely run down - so is the whole plot. I have to put in at least a year of work to make it suitable to tear the house that's on it down and make the property ready for construction.
his son lives in germany and didn't have any contact with his father so he's just happy to get rid of it and not put any money into it.

price: 50.000€ straight. that price is almost criminal

and I'm not building it myself - I'll have companies do as much as I'm not confident to do on my own

and yeah, my friends can help and so can my family. I've got two uncles who are joiners and work at interior construction. my dad is a carpenter.

I work at the town hall - I'm the head of the office. so I have my collegues who will make sure my plans are up to all the standards

Then Its a real deal that you can't let go. Just be sure that de structure and fondation of the house are great. Be prepared to a lot of work and a lot of stress but you will grow from this experience and be proud of yourself at the end.

Good. Thats good to hear. I cant actually offer you any actual advice because I have no experiance with construction but its probably a good idea to out an extra 20k aside incase you need it.

Also yeah thats a fucked price for knocking it down

that's the property. you can see the outlines of the fence

I built. Make sure you get a contractor you can trust. Someone very experienced, very thorough, someone with a lot of connections in your area. Keep an eye on progress but don't get in the way. Take pictures of EVERYTHING while it's being built. If you ever have to drill into a wall or anything, it's great to have the pics to go back to to make sure you're not hitting anything. Run as many cables as you can before the gyp rock goes up. Gigabit wired ethernet every room, yeah!

solid advice.

how did you handle the financial stuff? did you safe up 20% of the house price and get a loan? that's what I read everywhere

Well window and door placement was a bitch had my wife with women bullshit it doesnt look good there this and that. Its for fire safety bitch it has to be that low (windows) didnt built it myself but was there every weekend and always plan for fuckups $$$$ and go down the list so you dont have to be waiting on shit because assholes put drywall up before electrical. Also get ready to get angry its part of building things

That would've been the smart thing to do but in my country you don't have to have that much down so rather than throw my money away renting, I bought with more like 10% down. Doing so penalizes us by having to pay for special insurance that you won't default on the mortgage, but it goes away after you've paid so much off. I've got maybe 35% paid off now. I think in Germany you have to have 80% LTV ratio, right?

Haven't done it myself but helped a few in the family that have.

The real pro/con of it is custom built or building yourself means you can get the house exactly as you want the downside is, it will cost you a lot more than just buying one on the market already or buying a lot/plan in a neighborhood under construction.

When the pros build, they buy in bulk and get the material cheap. If you're only putting up one house rather than a street full then all the material will cost you 20-75% more. If you can do 70%+ of the labor yourself then it offsets the cost, but no one can do it all anyway.
Depending where you are exactly, building codes will become a big annoyance and expect a handful of fees for permits, paperwork, and likely a fine or two for something you missed or something no one told about to begin with.

Ultimately, you would get more house for the money if you just find one and buy it, but if paying more for getting less is OK with you then that "less" could still be more of what you really want.

One day, decades from now, I'm going to build my own home.
And I'm going to do it in the ass-end of nowhere.
Fuck planning permission, fuck zoning laws, fuck green-belt shit, fuck environmental regulation, fuck all of it.

I don't know what it's like in Germany, I live in Austria.

>women bullshit
I'm sure to have enough of this and it will probably be my fault. I'm the type of guy who wants to have it his way and doesn't ask his girlfriend/wife for opinion or discards it. I have to work on this to avoid unnecessary drama. she's moving here from vienna, I grew up here. so I have to make it a little easier for her and give her some say aswell

must be great to be 16.
but that's not how shit works. they can force you to tear your house down if you don't play by the rules of law. safety laws in construction are there for a reason, user

Well you've got to do your research. Around here, the McMansion packaged lot/home builders barely scrape by minimum code, hire illegals to do work cash under the table and they piss in the corners of your house while it's being built, and the fire department refuses to set foot in a burning house in the development because they know they're of shoddy construction and they'll just hose down the leftover coals. If you want to make any modifications to those plans, plan on an extra 500 per modification. Want an extra outlet? 500. Want an extra ethernet jack? 500. And they typically won't let you do ANYTHING with it until they're done. They want you to pay them to do anything custom so if you have the ability to run wires, cables, put in extra jacks or a toilet, they won't let you. You save some money but remember, you get what you pay for. Maybe in your area it's different, but do your research. Talk to someone who lives in a house built by the same contractor, maybe one that's been lived in 5+ years, see what they think.

You're right. It isn't that simple. So I make it simple.
Ass end of nowhere, miles from anything. Build it myself. Anyone wants to tear it down, they'll be staring down a barrel.

if you build your hut on someone else's property, you'll be the one staring down a barrel, I suppose.
if you buy your land, someone has to know, as you'll have to pay property tax for it. in case anyone will ever find out that you built your hut in bumfuck nowhere, you're gonna be neckdeep in shit.
so.. how will you get electricity? what about sewage? fresh water? internet?

What can I say? I completely reject the idea of any kind of state intervention or control when it comes to a man and his castle.
When a person doesn't even have the freedom to build his own home then you know something is seriously wrong.
Bear in mind this wouldn't be in a first world country because fuck that.
No internet because I'd want to escape it.
Solar panels for electricity and recyc/filtration for water. Helps if there's a fresh source too. Maybe some game nearby for food.

Real off the grid living.
But like I said, this shit wouldn't be for decades.

just wait some time, user.

7 or so years ago me and 25 other anons from Sup Forums wanted to buy an island and declare it as the land of anononia. the more serious we got the more people got off the project. two years later there was just a handful of anons on the project with the idea to buy some land in argentina where we wanted to be self-sufficient. but, as so often, real life intervened and all that's left is some good friends on facebook from all over the world.

it's good that you're dreaming, but the older you get the happier you'll be with a certain standard of certainty and safety. but good luck, pal

I built a house, 2800 finished square footage and a 2000 sqft. Basement on a budget of 150000.
The only work hired out was the framing and the concrete