Bands that ended when they should've

bands that ended when they should've

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/69153-neutral-milk-hotel-drawings-spark-speculation-about-new-double-album/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pixies. Pity they reformed.

: ^ ~ }

At least in the original run.

I'd tag LCD Soundsystem but NOPE
fucking murphy yo.

Ozzy should have overdosed in 1975.

The Beatles is the only band that have a perfect history,

All the other bands and musicians are absolute shit, I hate them so much.

They should never end

Stone Roses.

Though they ruined it by reuniting.

Led Zeppelin

They should have stopped with Physical Graffiti.

Should've broken up after their first desu. Second Coming isn't bad, but it's definitely a step down from the first.

Soundgarden if they never reunited

clouddead

Fugazi

Status Quo...oh wait.

Journey if they'd stayed broken up and didn't...oops, they never should have started to begin with. Lyl.

To be fair if Journey broke up after their third album rather than letting their label force them into getting Steve Perry in and becoming the AOR shite they became, then I think they'd probably be much more respected and much more liked. Those first three are pretty decent Prog albums desu.

Nah I love Second Coming. Doesn't have the catchy hits of the first but the guitar/bass/drumming is fantastic.

But yeah I think if they carried on they might have started making Ian Brown solo-tier rubbish.

It still hurts.

this

Galaxie 500

who are these assholes?

The Smiths

the drummer always looks so clean and well groomed

they should've stopped after doolittle desu

>implying Houses of the Holy isn't their best album

We don't know yet, they could end up releasing their best album yet.

It only seems that way because he's always next to those other three.

You could really tell they started to hate each other after HoLV
Moral: never date a bandmate

Absolutely. I'm really hoping they release a new album, though.

this desu

here are your dots

NIGGA
I paid a grand for that final concert ticket at madison square garden
Fuck
Them

i feel like if some of the Camberwell Now stuff were developed in a more This Heat style they'd have had another great release
still, absolutely flawless discography

That's Lush

they fucking won't

Oh my lord. It's that cunt! again.

name another band that released 8 consistantly good albums and countless perfect EP's
god i'd love them to tour at least one more time so i can hear love's easy tears live

The Sugarcubes

Swans. Both times.

>you will never see Fugazi live

That's the thing, Ian Brown solo was excellent. Better than The Shirehorses or whatever.

you wouldn't want to see 50+ 60+ dudes though. It was a one time thing like that user said.

I used to think this, Bossanova is good.

There's very little to recommend TLM though.

ALTHOUGH I still think Shipping News should've been a Rodan reunion.

corpses in their mouths, fear and keep what ya got are great songs but also the only ones I even remember. my way was a good album though

just never got into the electro-rock thing ian brown was trying

I think Nirvana was on a huge upswing with the release of In Utero; they were just about to reach their peak.

I hope they make another album like tweez, but a bit more polished.

Spiderland is great, but it's probably just way too hard to preform live in a good way.

But then they came back.

Still haven't listened to anything post-Jenny Death. On GP + Death Grips 2.0 is an amazing way to finish the 4 years that was made up of Exmilitary, TMS, NLDW, etc. No intentions to listen to BP, I don't imagine Ride can say anything else he hasn't already said.

should have stopped at money store

Wow, I didn't know Fugazi had that many members

But NLDW was their peak

thats just fried

Seriously no one has mentioned Talk Talk?

Modest Mouse should've quit after releasing The Moon and Antarctica

Fuck slint.

Maybe he considered it, hence making this record

Wouldn't have minded more UC

You're missing out on some killer tracks.

I'm quite grateful desu

I did the same thing and feel the same way. Maybe someday I'll catch up but don't really care to.

fucking kek user

if they'd done that they would've never released their two best albums though!

I don't really want them to release a new album.

Good News was great, just not as good as their first three. STO was okay too I guess

Hum (although they are still touring and might be making new shit idk)
At the Drive-In (hopefully their reunion doesn't suck)
Sunny Day Real Estate
Drive Like Jehu
Soul Coughing
Alice in Chains (pre-reunion)

>pitchfork.com/news/69153-neutral-milk-hotel-drawings-spark-speculation-about-new-double-album/
spagett

Came here to say this. Four-Calendar Cafe was a minor slump but they got their shit together enough on Milk & Kisses to bow out with their head still held high while showing that they really were just about tapped out.

Bossa nova is honestly my favorite album from them. So no

Not really. In utero is a great fuckin album, but 50% of that is due directly to Steve albini. The songwriting only really evolved a little bit.

people give albini too much credit some times. this is one of those times.

That would have been great. Ugly Casanova sort of represents the exact opposite of where Modest Mouse went post M&A. It's probably the most experimental thing Isaac ever did, it really explores a unique style, and it's shaped and almost defined by the other musicians he joined up with. Post-M&A Modest Mouse on the other hand saw Eric and Jeremiah reduced to Isaac's backing band as the music just got safer until he ended up with the indistinct pile of mush that is Strangers to Ourselves.

>saw Eric and Jeremiah reduced to Isaac's backing band

this hurt the most, just as important to MM's sound as isaac and their creative input is almost non-existent in later records

that guy with the white hat looks like a flimpin' nurd lol dseu