>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r3fnXoPoC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you will never have great skeletone

Post your strings

Are there any intermediate player here who have used justinguitar?

Is it any good?

Eye bahn eezu

>the skeletone, dahneld

2bh

Ernie ball 10-46 and d'addario 13-62

I've never used D'Addario, always stuck to Ernie Ball strings, any difference between these two strings I've quoted?

No idea, only used d'addario

Anybody record with Garageband?

What should I be looking to spend for a connector that won't sound like total shit?

I used Ernie Ball before switching. Not a huge amount of difference but I find they last a bit longer and feel nicer to me. Also had a few packs of Ernie balls with pre rusted strings. They're worth a try to see if you notice a difference.

same, I wouldn't know where to start looking with other kinds of strings

YOU FUCKED UP THE TITLE

no bass allowed itt

this should be permanent

surprised you can even type with those stubby fingers of yours

this

I use elixir 11-49

that's not what your mum said

I like these

How does one pronounce D'Addario properly?

Da-Dairy-O. Come on it's even on their site.

Duh dawreeo

Dee Ayy Dare Yow

DA daddy io

Thanks.

I was in the DEE UH DAHR EEYO camp previously.

No more!

the ' implies a duh sound though. someone should complain

fuggin americans

Deux Dairy

what the fuck are you talking about

Trying these because they were on sale last month. I usually use the cheaper D'addario chrome flats.

Verdict: the DR flats sound nice and play nice but they are not worth the extra 10-15 bucks over the D'addario chromes. In a blind test with my basses plugged in to my amp, I doubt I could differentiate them based on tone.

The only strings worth using

No. NO. Pretend the ' isn't even there and you'll be close enough.

By connector you mean Audio Interface?
A good one is probably $200-600.

For example, if you're a Mac guy, Apogee's Duet 2 is basically the standard.

You can plug line-in and get enough gain to record crystal clear, and there are good pre-amps for your mics too if you want to mic up your guitar rig.

#REKT

Flashback came today, have a humble family shot. Setup is unfinished to excuse the mess.

Now all I really need is a compressor, overdrive and maybe a noise gate later on.

I've never jammed with someone because I'm afraid they'll just want to play songs from the radio. When you jam with someone how willing are they usually to just make shit up there and then? I love noodling on scales and making riffs but I don't know very many songs.

I'm talking about drummers, keyboard players, etc not other guitarists.

Flashback is great

just literally ask if they want to improvise, if they want to play covers, they aren't worth your time anyways

Most of the time jam means improvise. Jamming with just a drummer is great. Highly unlikely they will want to play radio songs. Specify your age in your post.

Yeah that's what I meant, kinda new to this computer recording stuff.

Prepared to spend a fair bit but ~£500 for your suggestion is a bit much, just looking to lay some stuff down and mess around rather than a professional-tier set up.

Got any recs for roughly half the price?

18, I know a drummer and a keyboard player and was thinking about setting up a session but I'm not sure what kind of stuff we would do.

drummers are the easiest going of the lot, you can jam with them all day.

this
drummers are bros and will most of the time, go with the flow

so jamming is playing just random things that come into your mind? and won't the other person get confused when you start playing something they don't expect or something?

My drummer is a bit of a cunt, but in a nice way, but boy can he drum, and jamming with him is awesome

Yep, and nope, thats the fun

>bit of a cunt, but in a nice way
how does this work?

damn I really need to find some drummer bro that won't judge my skill or rather lack thereof

I'm a really shitty drummer
Let's meet

how the fuck is he getting this feedback? its perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=4r3fnXoPoC4

I live in eastern yurop and cannot afford a plane ticket for you

He's really aggressively sarcastic, but not in a funny way, its just a little awkward, but he means well

you'd be amazed how much modern music is born from simply jamming. provided you're tight and technically good enough.

goddammit, sounds a bit like me when I get nervous, trying to banter, spilling spaghetti all over the place

>tfw best friend is a drummer and we just improvise until we find something we like
>he doesn't make fun of my very obvious mistakes
its a good friendship tbqh

mad jealous famalam, do you write music together, play in a band or something?

Ahhhhhh, he could be nervous, how to deal with nervous people?

Why does my SG go out of tune so quickly?

Albini the tone Houdini

technically in a band, but we just jam together and make noise that we think sounds cool. we desperately need a bassist though

I remember a practice session years ago with shit acoustics where you couldn't hear anything and my drummer not informing me my jack lead had fallen out

wondered why the cunt was laughing at me

Guys like Steve Vai and Gary Moore would walk around the stage during soundcheck and figure out where they need to stand to get different kinds of feedback, then they would mark those spots with gaffer's tape so they could find them again quickly.

well if you mean anxious nervous, not angry nervous, let them subtly know that you see they're nervous and don't give them shit, react akwardly to their coping mechanisms. just go with it until they're comfortable
idk man

How is that amp? Looking at the 100w version.

that good shit

kek

What's some tidy cheap offsets that sound good?
Not falling for a squier meme or a £800 fender

> tfw someone offered to buy my $550 guitar for $950 and I'm debating weather or not to accept it

It's not my main but it's one of my favorites due to the rare color. I'd be fine without it but I've been playing it nonstop recently, plus I know with te $950 I'll just keep it to buy another one

>wants offset
>not falling for a meme
fucking wew, just buy the squier jazzymasty

dude, why would you even debate that

What tuning do you have these in? I have .13s on my Les Paul but I had to drop them to C standard because in E standard the neck was visibly bending from the string tension.

Get a used Classic Player Jazzmaster for $500-$600, Squier Mustang $200 with an extra $200 in upgrades or a Japanese Jaguar or Mustang for $500-$600. Or you don't be a fag and get a used American Tele for $650

>getting 13's when planning to play in E standard

Why?

do you also blow each other too, you got dang fags

no but we do lines of cocaine off each others dicks

If it's a rare color and you'd just end up buying another guitar save yourself the struggle and just keep it.

why are they willing to pay so much for a $550 guitar? is it the colour?

.13 in E is fine on a 24.75" scale

Pencil some graphite in to the nut.

Muh thick tones.

But honestly, I was using .10s on a Strat, which I heard were like .11s on a Les Paul, and they were super comfy. So I decided going 2 gauges up to try it out wouldn't hurt. Nope. Not too big of a loss, I did want a C standard guitar to play stuff like Queens of the Stone Age etc.

Didn't SRV play .13s in E standard on a Strat?

>tfw just started realizing how shit my picking was
>knew about alternate picking but only did it sometimes when I had to go really fast/shred
>mfw started doing it all the time and paid more attention to my picking and when to upstroke/downstroke and suddenly my speed has gone 2x as fast and way less sloppy

why didn't anyone tell me this was all it took to get good

What pickups does /GG/ use?

Wilde aka Bill and Becky

well you could have just watched literally any rock lead guitarist

how the fuck did you get so far without alt picking? are you retarded?

Are you going to post pics

so you never stroked upwards before finding out about alternative picking???
how does this not seem natural to you?

$400 profit mang, should I sell it?

We'll it's a Mustang MG73 in Competition Orange, it's got a few nicks here and there but it's fine. The guy who I bought it from priced it as the same as any other Japanese RI Mustang without looking into the market of that color. This guitar is also reissued as a 1969 with a matching headstock and precise detail to the original vintage 1969s, these are the ones that usually sell for $800-$900.
TL/DR: I won't mind selling and waiting my 1973 RI for an exact replica of a 1969, it'll technically be a trade.

best practice scheme for a beginner? just get mel bay series books and go through them for like 1-2 hours every night?

also, who is the ni/gg/er that got the verizon wireless/mobile IP range banned on here?

and Power and Hybrid Slinky.
Depends on what they're on.

>not using 13's on a les paul to tune to B
Do you even doom?

yes absolutely you should sell it

Pretty ugly

Not OP, I was in the same boat, only just started today actually, I am self taught so I'm worried there are other things I am doing wrong, should I get a teacher?

>beginner

Play til your fingers bleed. Gotta build that strength and calluses.

For the the "Huge" sounds famalam. Why else?

Complete beginner here

What makes guitars sound different? Don't they all have the same strings or what? Why do they sound different?