Even though we've discovered that Bran can in fact affect the past, what the Three-Eyed Raven said still remains true...

Even though we've discovered that Bran can in fact affect the past, what the Three-Eyed Raven said still remains true. "The past is already written. The ink is already dry." Bran could not have changed the outcome. He had to make Hodor a retard because he'd already done it. This timeline is set in stone.

It wasn't time travel, Wylis was a greenseer and saw his own death.

Hodor was a dumbass anyway. His inability to speak changed nothing.

It changed everything. If Wylis hadn't become Hodor then he wouldn't have even been with Bran to hold the door.

>GoT

Thanks for the fucking obvious.

It was time travel. It was Bran that did that to him. Wylis was not a greenseer.

No, it was just a confusing scene. Bran is listening to Meera scream "Hold the Door" and so he can hear it while he's viewing the past - Wylis can't though. Three eyed Raven has been very clear that the past cannot be changed and Bran has even tried to do so before and been unsuccessful.

Bran saw Wylis have a greenseer vision of his own death as a 10 year old boy and it just fried his brain.

I just watched this.
Maximum fucking feels.

>Three eyed Raven has been very clear that the past cannot be changed

Maybe he knows it can but very strongly feels that it shouldn't be.

A major clue that it can be changed is the fact that there is no way GRRM is wrapping this shit up without deus ex machina time travel shit.

can i get a tl;dr on hold the door? i havent watched since season 1

Jupiter's cock!
Actually most tv posters don't get this simple shit so he's wasting his time.

>No, it was just a confusing scene.
GOT in a nutshell?

I already explained it. The timeline can't be changed but there are things that Bran went back and affected that we've still yet to see. i.e. The Mad King. Just speculating on that one though.

You should just watch the series but if you wanna be a faggot... The origin of Hodor's name is that when he was a child he experienced his own death because of some Bran time travel shit. His name come's from "hold the door" which his how he dies, holding the door to save his friends from zambies. There's a scene with young Hodor writhing on the floor yelling "hold the door!" and it's really sad. The experience was so traumatic that it left him unable to say anything but Hodor.

>Bran saw Wylis have a greenseer vision of his own death as a 10 year old boy and it just fried his brain.
/this

bran didn't warg in the kids brain, he warged in the adult hodor brain. wyllis had a greenseer seizure because of that and went mental.

>what the Three-Eyed Raven said still remains true. "The past is already written. The ink is already dry."

It's because he's Bran.

"You will become me", "Am I ready?" "No".

He means it literally. Pretty fucking obvious. The reason he knows the past can't be changed is because he ends up in the tree.

Bran is also the mad king's voices, since he'll continue to try and change the past.

>bran is also the mad king's voices

well shit

what if bran wargs into his father and fucks catelyn so he can be born

So, Bran was the main antagonist all along.

I thought about this. Under what context would Bran yell into Ares Targaerean "BURN THEM ALL" that would make any sense?

The three eyed raven is Bloodraven, an ancient Targaryen bastard who was loyal to the king in the First Blackfyre Rebellion

So it was him that was making the mad king mad.

Are you guys fucking retarded?
Bran in this very episode was literally touched by the night king, which marked him, confirming that whatever the fuck he does when goes voodoo actually happens to the timeline. He warged into childhodor which made him possess adult Hodor.

Bran didn't yell 'Hold the door' tho

Also it could just be something about burning the zombies, pretty much the only reliable way to hold them off has been fire.

Could just be a scene where Bran is looking into Ares past while under attack by zombies and someone yells "Burn them all" in the background

Except Bran's actor literally admits it's his fault in the Inside the Episode and in his tweet after it

noooooo hodor warged ibto hodor

durp

so bran is trageryan

Show three eyed raven isn't Brynden Rivers or Bran

Rivers was a fruity fag with greenseer capabilities, went mad and hid in a tree. When he found out all of his blackfyrefuckingsheets were slaughtered he revenged himself by warging into Aerys Targaryens head and making him mad.

is this a snark or a grumpkin?

>He had to make Hodor a retard because he'd already done it.

IT
WAS
A
FUCKING
ACCIDENT
HOLY SHIT

The little Lord of Light can do as he pleases.

>When he found out all of his blackfyrefuckingsheets were slaughtered he revenged himself by warging into Aerys Targaryens head and making him mad.

u wot? The reason Bloodraven was sent to the wall in the first place was because he lied to the Blackfyres and told them they'd have safety at King's Landing for a meeting.

Bloodraven hates Blackfyres. And Aerys went crazy after Duskendale dungeon rape.

Also Brynden Rivers isn't in the show anyway

I feel like there's some kind of competition between the books and the show to see who can be more shit. I can't wait till the next book which will completely one-up the show in terms of how shitty it is.

what is bran's power? how is it relevant to beating the super zombies?

He didn't mean it.

He is R'Hllor, the Lord of Light. It is his destiny to defeat the Great Other.

so why doesnt bran fuck with joffrey's head before ned was betrayed, meaning the war doesnt happen

checkmate dabid

He has complete omniscience and can demonstrably effect the past and future. He is relevant to most things.

STANIS IS R'HLLOR
JON'S IS R'HLLOR
DAENARYS IS R'HLLOR
BRAN IS R'HLLOR
EVERYONE IS R'HLLOR

lol how are Zombie even real
like nigga just warg into the night king and deactivate all zombie haha nigga just walk away

I would assume the war needed to happen. Problem is, we don't have Bran's godlike perspective on things so we don't know why.

>Bran is also the mad king's voices, since he'll continue to try and change the past.

His meme magic is not that powerful, it's also linked to heart trees, there is one in Winterfell but none in KL. That doesn't explain how he could whispers to Ned, but still

No, those people were theorized to be Azor Ahai, champion of R'Hllor. Bran is R'Hllor himself. As well as the Old Gods and the New. He is the many faced God.

Three eyed raven is a retard. If he knew that Bran could affect the past and Night King can use that against him because he's "really there" he should've fucking said so. Would've stopped Bran form going full tard also

Was there a Weirwood tree outside of the Tower of Joy? Was there a Weirwood tree in the courtyard at Winterfell? Even in the books Bloodraven tells Bran eventually he can see beyond the trees. The show just sped things up.

>this could be canon

>Implying Bran didn't need to go full retard.
3ER knew what was happening. He can sort of see the future, dickthistle.

He could (and will, according to his visions in past seasons) warg into dragons, we saw a big dragon's shadow flying over King's Landind

Then why'd he get mad

HOLD THE DOOR HOLD THE DOOR HOLD THEDOOR HOLD THEDOOR HOLDTHEDOORHOLDTHEDOORHOLDTHEDOORHOLDEDOORHOLDDEDOORHOLDDOORHOLDDOORHOLDOORHOLDDOORHOLDOORHOLDIORHODORHODOR

he could have become a Mountain

Because he's been fused to a tree for thousands of years.

Anyone watch got in a dub language? How did the do it in your language

In german they went
HALT DAS TOR HALT DAS TOR HALT DAS TOR HALTDASTOR HALDATOR HALDATOR HALDATOR HALDATOR HALDTOR HALDTOR HOLDTOR HOLDTOR HOLDTOR HODOR HODOR HODOR

well that was his choice

he is also the great other

>"The past is already written. The ink is already dry."

Except that's bullshit faggot.

How'd the Night King find Bran then?

I think this statement really gets into the fact that we have a more Potteristic, fated time travel over the normal time travel in which time can be changed. Put more simply if the past is going to change it is fated to happen and cannot be avoided. I like that they are doing this because it not only works better with the fantasy genre, but it also avoids complicated paradoxes that go over the viewers heads!

So?

Is GoT turning into Doctor Who now?

Backtraced his IP

Bretty shitty choice if you're just gonna sit in your tree and be mad and shitpost into the past all day

This theory was already posted on [spoilers]Reddit[/spoilers] a while back. I remember seeing it on Briefing.

No one is gonna post the delicious pink nipples ?

Bran tried to download and view a past event torrent with malware attached to it. Night King then took over weirwood.net

We already have two instances of visions not remaining as such. First with Bran shouting after young Ned, making him look, and the second when the Night King seized Brian's arm to mark him. Wylis/Hodor is not a Greenseer, Bran watched into him and Wylis, connected to the future through Bran, had his mind broken in the process.

What Bloodraven told Bran cannot be taken to heart because he is not as powerful as Bran. He may know more, he may be more refined, but Bran is much more powerful.

So will Arya fuck up again?

no she will kill the wrong person by choice and forced 2 flee

he's probably a greenseer too

Red pill a guy who has never seen, read, or cares to do either of those to the show why my twitter is nothing but "HOLD THE DOOR" with crying emojis.

Man, I remember when I and others complained about a lack of Bran in the show. Now that he's back I just want him to fucking die.

The only thing that Bran can impact are things that we haven't seen yet on screen, or things that already happened that apparently are in consequential because here we are.

What happened to Willis was apparently the only time Bran ever tampered with the past, unless he's responsible for other things that already are.

His powers aren't as OP as people are hyping them up to be.
It wouldn't cause a paradox for him to just die next episode. There are no unclosed loops. It's possible his role is that of informing someone indirectly with vital information, but he hasn't done it yet, so it will be more like a phone call than actual time travel.

not really you simpleton. i bet you put tv shows on then fuck about with your phone the whole time instead of watching

fucking milennials ree

He was made by the Children. They carved the faces in the weirwoods with magic that allows the greenseeing via the tree network. Literally the only explanation you need is magic though.

>in vision of white walker creation
>spiral stones with weirwood at its center

>fast forward to season 1 or 2???
>rangers stumble upon horse corpses arranged in a spiral by white walkers

Could they be arranged centering the spot of a weirwood that got cut down?

White walkers could be created with a resentment towards men for tearing down the weirwoods.

Some shit became a "fan favorite" by literally being a meme.

He died and the big surprise this episode was he was magically predestined to do the stupid shit that he died doing.

It's as stupid as it sounds.

You mean in that they're both utter trash? Yes.

Not predestined

You can shitpost, but don't misinterpret the show because you're too stupid.

All the scene served to do was show that Bran can influence people in the past by fucking with them.

There is no destiny there. He got his brain fried, the phrase was all he heard. It's not like he's aware of his mission. There's no evidence for that

Its a closed time loop like terminator 1

Hodor is destined to hold the door because Bran in the future told him to

If bran did not warg into Hodor while looking into the past wylis wouldnt become Hodor and Hodor wouldnt have been able to take Bran north

>Bran is also the mad king's voices, since he'll continue to try and change the past.
holy fuck nigga

You call it destiny

I call it "he already did it and you can't change the past, so it's done, no matter how it got done"

Okay but we both seem to agree that Bran didnt "change" anything, what happened had already happened

Anyone suspect that the Three Eyed Raven is Bran from the future who went back in time to ensure he learned how to control his own greenseer powers?

>Jojen says Bran can't kill the Raven in his dreams "because it's you"
>Raven says its "time for you to become me"
>He knows that Bran has been touched by the Night King and that he had to turn Wylis into Hodor to set the events in the present in motion

Bran in the future did not tell willis in the past to hold the door.
Cool fanfic though

He will become him in all but name, but the Raven has a name and history in the realm. He's made appearances in the dunk and egg books.

Unless you're suggesting that everything that happened before Roberts rebellion is going to happen again and he entirety of the universe is one big time loop

How the fuck did he become Hodor otherwise

Meera was yelling it, Wylis picked it up somehow.

Show raven is a different character. Hes not Bloodraven.

A few episodes ago he said he waited for Bran for a thousand years

greensight cant melt plot beams

Due to the connection caused by Bran warging into Hodor while viewing him in the past

I agree with that, but Bran didn't give Willis a destiny. The only interaction in the vision was Bran accidentally frying hodor's brain.

You can say that it's destiny because if he hadn't done it, things would've turned out differently, and that's true, but it's not destiny in the narrative sense.

That's not enough evidence to go against the source material.

He's been melded to the tree for the majority of his life, and the trees perceive time differently.

You could argue someone or something else is speaking through him, the collective conscious of previous greenseers for example.

id fuck bran in the ass