Rio 2016 - Equestrian Olympics Day 2

It's the fucking horse, not me edition.

Currently Day 2 Individual and Team Dressage

>Streams:
stream.nbcolympics.com/equestrian-eventing-individual-team-dressage-day-2-morning

>But I'm not fucking burger.
Go ask the nazis or bongs for a stream then, this is alot more popular in their countries.

>Why should I care about Equestrian Events?
Great example of synergy between riders and their horses, as well as athleticism between both to perform certain feats

>But the event (Dressage) just looks like fancy-schmancy moving and dancing!
Ya its actually very boring and its history is that of European nobility showing off, so I could definitely live without the event. The later events are alot more fun an intense to watch though. And some of the horses that compete in Dressage also compete in two other events, so it says something when a horse and rider can do all 3.

>Why isn't there cowboy stuff? They look like they do crazy things!
There's a push for it but the IOC think they're not true sports/Europeans are extremely against it because they hate the U.S. and Australia's guts.

>You're all nothing but horse fuckers!
Y-you too!

As an FYI, germans tend to dominate the Equestrian events.

Italy just finished. Australia up next.

Also: FEMANONS PLS BE NICE. DON'T BE CATTY YOU SPOILED FUCKING RICH GIRLS.

Ban all dressage posters.

when does the show jumping/cross country start?

Russia just finished,

Break at the moment. Coming back soon.

Ya m8, IOC should give us the western events.

Tomorrow at 6am PST.

How the fuck is Equestrian still a thing?

Shits not only curelty to animals but also NOT a sport.

Only for the elites as well considering how much it fucking costs, hell even Fencing is cheaper.

There's plenty of events I think would make great sports, like Western Reigning and Mounted Archery (god Koreans and Mongols would rock that), but otherwise I think many of these English events are terrible in the fact they they are literally catered to the super rich.

Also

>Cruelty
Cry me a river, PETA. If you're gonna throw that out, at least give reasons why you think its cruelty.

Event is back on.

Great Britain is up, on a horse that's been to Sydney and Greece olympics.

You can't seriously think that a horse would behave this strictly without some harsh training. Fuck even circus events have always been plagued with animal cruelty scandals.

Shit has no place in today's events imo, Its a relic of the past and should stay there.

Netherlands finished, moving on to New Zealand.

I have seen and helped with some horses that will behave this strictly without harsh training. Not gonna pretend there's a shitload of trainers who go straight to the whip, but otherwise not was prevalent as you think, especially of the olympic staff spot the no-nos, especially investigating tack several time on a few horses after certain rides.

I'm gonna say based on your response though, there's not way I can convince you otherwise of this. At a little petting zoo and pony sweep I worked at, I was able to have conversations with people to explain how things were. I always pointed them out towards the chickens because they were the one animal on that farm that were being treated truly shitty and told the management already. For the most part, people were civil.

There were two cases though where these groups of people came up to me, called me stuff like animal killer from the get go and so on, and completely ignored anything I said and/or screamed over me. What you're saying is very similar to them.

One of them also attempted to feed chocolate to one of the ponies.

Germany finished. Onto Sweden.

Currently Team Germany is winning followed closely be Great Britain and Australia

USA IS UP!

I love horse dance

The Chilean guy on the horse dancing thing is wearing a military uniform, is that normal?

>HORSE walking around inside a rectangle
>a sport

Where's the diversity? This must be the whitest sport in the Olympics.

Besides, all they do is ride around a few times. It's not even an art form.

>owning a horse
>a sport

You do know your country is to blame for this.

Fugg :D
I thought we only invented fencing.

HORSE EVENTS THAT SHOULD BE OLYMPIC EVENTS

>Cross Country
>Mounted Archery / Shooting
>MAYBE Showjumping

BAN THIS STUPID SHIT
>Dressage

>This must be the whitest sport in the Olympics

Maybe that's why Mexicans like you hate it so much.

Japan is up at the moment.

If you're gonna have the horses be the athletes at least make them race or something.

Not that I know of, only chile and peru have been doing it for some reason. No other country has done it. Is it some big part of your country?

I guess it's just because the military and the police are the only ones really into horse riding.

And ya, most english riding (that little tiny black saddle and long black boots is usually a sign when someone is riding an "English" sport) are sports restricted to the super rich.

90% of the female riders shouldn't even be competing. They got there through sheer influence of their rich as fuck parents and giant tantrum throwing. Even the announcer just said no actual woman has won an Olympic medal yet.

It's hilarious because english riders, which are mostly women, absolutely HATE men who ride english and trash talk them to no end, usually calling them gay.

>Yet another thing a man is superior in, horse riding.

I know more about Peruvians that they really like their horses, especially the Peruvian Paso. I have zero clue about any horse culture in Chile though.

I remember in past years the entire British equestrian team has been in double digits for succession to the British crown. Like, the screens will show some generic name like Beatrice Pendleton or some shit, and the commentators will be like "she's actually the Arch Dutchess of Royal Cambridge, such and such in line for the throne"

Is a horse an athlete?

Also,

>curelty to animals
internet animalfags are literal cancer. every video of an animal there's 100 comments from you faggots saying how the animal is being abused. kill yourself.

Event still on break. Hold your horses, people.

Until recent history (The Americas), horses were completely restricted to nobility of europeans. Then the colonies (spanish and english especially) fucked it all up and now all the "commoners" ride horses.

I know lots of people/girls ride english in the u.s.a. because they want to feel better then other people. Its ironic because most top-tier horse trainers are actually Western (Cowboy) Men.

>ride english
>ride western
I don't know what this means.

>Short version:

Western. Heavy/bulky saddle. Usually if you see cowbows or even mexicans yeehawing, they're usually western.

English/ Tiny saddle. Long black boots with tights (usually white). Very stiff riding. You usually see this in war movies, especially historical if not American.

Australia is currently in a riding civil war because Western is becoming alot more popular, especially since the aussies are an extreme agricultural powerhouse and manage alot of cattle. Original aussie riders (English) think they're retarded and should stay closer to their roots. That and they don't want non-rich people to deal with horses.

It's somewhat similar. Police and military still have horse squads, other than that the only people who live around horses are countrymen. The illegal races are fun.

Western was actually first developed by Mexicans as horses were ridden longer and over larger distances as well as put to more work. The heavier saddle was built for long term comfort for both the horse and rider, as well as being able to carry things. Things got more refined as western-style riding further developed across the americas.

The same goes for riding techniques. Before horses were just used for war and sport/luxury, with some agriculture use. Now people in the americas are riding them for aforementioned distances, heavily using them for livestock sorting and managment (look up cattle drives), and so on.

So western really is riding more for "commoners" in terms of regular people use it for practical purposes, while "English" is really for the snooty people, especially since their equipment is EXTREMELY expensive.

>long black boots with tights (usually white)

I saw the female friend riding horse, those moves were hypnotizing

Right, so dressage and showjumping is English and crosscountry is Western. Fuck sandy horse dancing, I want to see horses get ridden, but I think showjumping has some merit.

btw

You don't have this in your country?

Ya, this is why girls will shittalk the guys by calling them gay. It has more bite because of what the guys have to wear.

We have a form of rodeo but it's not that brutal. Not that I condone it though.

Depends on what's considered brutal, lol. I know mexicans still flip horses.

But spaniards take the cake with their traditional horse sports.

Event is starting back up! China is on.

Portugal is pretty brutal too.

We just push a cow against a plushy thing
Also I just remembered Chile has the horse jumping world record or something.

>China's team is mostly white trainers

Belgium up now.

Neat. Haven't seen those kind of stirrups. and holy shit those spurs are murder machines. I really hope they're actually dulled down and not actually sharp at the ends.

Yeah they're dull. I think they're there more for the sound they make rather than actually stabbing the horse with them.

Poland up now.

Makes sense. Sound can be a training/riding tool.

Not to mention killing it in cueca

Canada up.

Reminds me of American Western/Country dancing.

France up.

Ireland is up.

Team France is doing extremely well right now. You should be proud, frogs.

Kitty King when

Italy up now.

who?

Australia up now.

Are the horsies transported by plane or ships?

Also, shit sport, desu.

Break time.

Either, think both are about as common as the other when it comes to americans shipping in horses from europe.

Also can you tell us about your wild/feral horses/mustangs, hueanon? I think you guys have your own name for them but I for the life of me can't remember it.

Break over. Russia up now.

Great Britain up.

AH HAHAHAHHAHAHhAHAH FUCKING BRITBONG LEETLE GIRL GUNNA CRY KEKEKEKEKEK

Netherlands just finished. New Zealand up.

didn't we ?

Germany incoming. Very top-tier rider Ingrid.

Sweden now.

USA now.

Brazil now.

Oh shit did that horse die?

Probably not. Seen all sorts of awkward falls for horse and rider and get back up (rider usually heavily injured though).

And that's it for today! The not-boring events/high chance of riders dying happen tomorrow! Hope you enjoyed this show today, Sup Forums!

I know I didn't. Fuck Dressage and fuck you european fucks for thinking its a sport.

Dressage is fucking boring

>Dressage
How is this silly horse dance considered a 'sport'.
Damn, this is the gayest 'sport' I've ever seen.

I have no I idea what you are talking about

dressage pretty boring to watch unless youre really into it, and its been in olympics because of how dressage use to be a military calvalry excercise I think.
but fuck you if you dont realize how much work it takes to teach a horse to do that shit, theres a reason those horses lives are worth more than the average human.

imagine if you tried to teach a human with an iq of 40 how to do ballet and they couldnt speak or understand you, were 8 feet tall and a few hundred pounds of pure muscle that could hulk out at seemingly random moments, and you have to teach them to hold you while they perform a rendition of the nutcracker.

>Team Germany first already
>2 out of 3 combinations in medal range
gg no re ez au 4 us
thank god we're a prestigious riding country that provides a safe medal net

*2 out of 4