someone pls go and report back with a summary of how sad the songs are

Someone go there and scream "Haha yes!! She died"

Just ignore them senpai

poor phil

these are gonna be the saddest songs ever written

i wish i could go but its way to far
poor phil

honestly just end yourself

>Hi, I'm Phil. Thank you for reading my poster. I am a local musician who never really does much in town, at least not recently. I used to arrange some music festivals in July, but it's been a few years. The name of my music project, band, whatever, is MOUNT EERIE.
>I used to be pretty active but I've been on a pretty long hiatus. The last show I played was in late September 2014, in Minot, North Dakota, coming home from a 3 week tour. After that life got crazy with a baby, a cancer, and a death. I wrote eleven new songs, pretty raw and sad, not fun. I'll be performing them for the first time ever, acoustic, Friday January 6th, 2017 at 5PM FOR FREE.
>I plan to just stand there and sing into the room, probably with closed eyes because I live in this town and having to look at friends, family, acquaintances while singing about the harsh realities of sickness, grief, and death sounds difficult. The show will last about 45 minutes. It is being held at THE BUSINESS, the best record store in Anacortes, at 216 Commercial Avenue. It's free, like I said, and I won't set up my merch table or anything, but The Business kind of is an oversized merch table, and they carry all of my releases year-round, not counting the forthcoming album containing these new songs. Thank you for considering attendance. It won't be fun.

I wonder if the new album Will be just acoustic like dawn of it will have the usual production

Classic album incoming

Good question.

Phil used to perform pretty exclusively by himself just with a guitar. He'd perform songs off of Microphones and Mount Eerie albums that in studio had much more instrumentation, but that's just how he used to play live. So if that's any kind of hint, I imagine that the songs that he's going to play at these shows will be stripped down versions of what we're going to hear from the studio recordings.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it. I kind of skipped over the Microphones rarities release that just came out even though I usually try to buy anything he puts out. Some of that stuff I've actually found online and I'm not that into it. Super early Microphones isn't that good in my opinion.

fuck yourself

who hurt you?

tfw I just moved away from Seattle a week ago

F

i'm sure someone will be recording ... right??

I would definitely like to see the full performance but i dont know if Phil would be okay with that

Yea i also felt a little underwhelmed by the compilation of early stuff by the Microphones, but i think this new album will be memorable

I'm expecting it to be Phil's Carrie & Lowell

If he's playing live I'm sure he's open to the idea of it being recorded. Plus I've never known him to be the "stop recording me" type.
What came after was clearly much better but I guess I appreciate the novelty of the demos being available. I'm not entirely into artists that just have to release every fucking thing they ever did (example: Nirvana) but I understand since Phil is not in a great financial situation and putting out a rarities album will put food on the table for awhile I assume.

Oh, to be 14 and edgy again...

Yea lets hope we can get some Quality recording of the full thing. Id really like to hear the evolution of the songs when the album comes out