I just bought a 2010 VE SSV 6speed

I just bought a 2010 VE SSV 6speed.
It has a xforce exhaust, I was told i need to take it to get the care tuned to the ehxaust incase the old owner didnt and just got the exhaust installed. Cost $275, is this true? or just a way of getting money out of me?
I have a baby on the way and want a bit more grunt, is a OTR and Cam and mafless tune worth it? thinking just a reasonable cam to make it sound good, cheaper the better. Also was told about getting the car chipped.
all this is over my head, i didnt deal with any of this with my VX SS. any advice and tips would be awesome! thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

mini.com.au/models/clubman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The problems bogans face, so much money down the drain with shitty cars

Trade it in for a nice safe Camry. You're a father now it's time to grow up and set an example

I love it! opinions mate

Time to grown up, Having a kid, lifes over, haha

Lmao should have got a falcon.

If the cars not modified (other then the useless exhaust for noise) leave it.

If it has a turbo or supercharger, tune it. If it's stock engine..leave it. You won't get shit from tuning other then some bloke saying it's 500-1500 for the tuner+dyno for tune.

wanting a cam to make it sound good is pretty fuckin stupid imo.

typically speaking a bolt on exhaust isnt going to show any massive difference to a stock ss, a set of extractors would be more likely to give some mild gains.

Buy a real Holden you shit cunt.

>baby on the way
>bit more grunt

pick one

There I fixed it.

You don't NEED to get it tuned.. But if the headers have been changed I would recommend it

My old Ve ss ute had extractors, 3" cat back and otr and pulled 265rwhp
But of a difference, mostly with throttle response

having a baby so need more grunt! yep.
how does somebody with such a shit command of english and poor taste in cars have the money to buy a car like that?

That's a cheap tune.
Anyways, if it's a full exhaust (headers back to muffler) and there is some form of CAI, it'd be worth getting a tune. If you plan on continuing the build, hold out on the tune and get it all tuned at once to save some money.

mini.com.au/models/clubman/

There fixed it for you op, trade in that heap and get a proper motoring car

VE Commodore is one of the safest cars on the road, along with its succession the VF, and along with falcons.Camry is lighter and a much slower car,not only making it crush easier in an accident, but may not have the power to get out of situations there may be dangers. The mods youre doing are just a bit of fun, which I get. None of these people really know what theyre talking about. But don't do cam or mafless, OTR is the best way of doing it. I know someone who works at VCM but if you just get a cold air intake of some sort it can be tuned and you can pump an extra 55kW easy at the wheels.

before you start making comments, please get the quote correct, as you completely drew it outof context. "have a baby on the way AND WANT a bit more grunt'

tits or gtfo

>VE Commodore is one of the safest cars on the road, along with its succession the VF, and along with falcons

Doesn't exactly count how safe the car is when VE's are a top 3 contender for "cars bogans are most likely to turn into wrapping paper for a tree like Paul fucking Walker", along with Skylines and Rex's.

Thats because they are chosen by those who don't know how to control them, not to mention being the most common car in Australia full stop, meaning most bad and good drivers will have a commodore in Australia, and they are the most likely to be in an accident.

"Cheaper the better" yeh right...just make sure you have enough money left over for nappies you fucking retard.