Hey Sup Forums. I want to join the Navy. Any seamen here? Any words of encouragement...

Hey Sup Forums. I want to join the Navy. Any seamen here? Any words of encouragement? Or any information that may deter me from wanting to join the military...?

>ITT a lost Sup Forumsro who just wants to die.

Join the army

For the Fuck what?

I bet you'd like that wouldn't you. Being surrounded by lots of strong, gay men. Why don't you just admit how much of a faggot you are?

To die

You have no idea. Fight me Sup Forumsro.

Anybody could die. It takes a certain type of character to be an hero.

What country are you from OP???

Trips check'd

I'm from the greatest country on the planet.

The United stated of America.

>wants to join the Navy.

Hi

It's the fucking Navy in peacetime you pussy, you're not grabbing a rifle and getting dropped 3 miles outside of Raqqa, you're probably going to be doing desk work or some shit

government benefits are pretty good, and VA Loans are the fucking shit

I love her but she doesn't love me

no one cares

So are you saying I should join?

We do care. Tell us about it. We are here to listen.

If you want to experience suck on a massive scale but come home and have random strangers love you for essentially sitting on your ass and doing nothing 70% of the time, definitely join.

19 yo army fag here

Why not? That's pretty much why I'm joining (I'm going USMC but that's because I like artillery and reading about the crucible gives me an erection)

Worst case scenario, you come out 4 years later with a GI bill, a military record (which looks fucking phenomenal on resumes) and like I said that sweet ass VA loan.

And her love if you play your cards right, I'm sold.

>Worst case scenario

Uh, no... I'm pretty sure the worst case scenario is something like getting your skin melted off or your Johnson blown up or maybe just being dead.

I think you should go, though, OP.

we all know what navy homos do on those ships

but seriously

army - most work, least pay, most anal, can say your man
navy - mid work, good pay while on ship, not as anal, your basically a butt pirate
air force - best pay, holiday, people care about your feelings, you tell your mates your a hardcore SF cunt even though you sit in an air conditioned office drinking soy lattes all day like a faggot

>in todays navy

Sounds gravy. But didn't you join on a whim? Why would you join the army anyways? What is you MOS? Or. What ever they call it in the army? I originally wanted
to join the chair force and get a job in crypto analysis or something. But they only need jet mechanics. When I was explaining to the airforce recruiter that I wasn't interested in that a navy recruiter walked in saying they had jobs I'd be interested in. I only took a practice asvab and they practically begged me to join. I only got like a 70 on the practice asvab.

Sign me up

You forgot a couple branches. But do you have any first hand experience?

thats all there is in my country bro
although we do have US marines on the same base

I work on a USMC base in Japan. I've been to some Naval bases and am fucking blown away at how cushy the Navy has it. I haven't been to any AF bases yet, but I'm sure they have it even better. (Nicer facilities, more restaurants, AC, etc)

I joined because I wanted to impress my dad and become a Ranger like him...only i was fucking fat af and out of shape, so I chose 25C with an Option 40 (Radio Operator with a ranger tryout option) instead of 68W like I should have. Plus I didnt want to do college; i wanted life to start NOW. So i feel like I slightly fucked up. But its been making me smarter common sense wise, and I lost 30 lbs so im grateful. Idk. Im mixed about my experiences, but if I could i would definitely change my job. Shit, im in korea and instead of operating radios i drive trucks.

>GET A JOB THAT TRANSLATES WELL INTO CIVILIAN IF YOU ENLIST

I'm in the army, I'm "deployed" on a naval base in Bahrain for the year. The navy here is partially retarded. They get to travel to some cool places, but that's about it. they all complain about being on the ship and then complain they run too much for pt. like, 50% of them are pretty fat, so if you wanna be military and fat, go navy.

USN here and I can understand the feeling of wanting to run away and thats what this seems like.

>Depending on your circumstance joining any branch of the military can be helpful,
but really only if its needing a job,
financial, facing eviction, divorce,
no college opportunity right now.

>Joining the Military can be a mistake if its for;
fantasy of a better life, escaping problems,
being anhero, get respect from family.

>The honest truth about the military is that
none of your problems go away, nothing changes,
you just have an authority figure demanding your
every move and a steady paycheck.

The navy doesn't really see action all that much. The benefits are disgustingly good. I'm not saying that as a compliment either. The government shovels out money for the military like no tomorrow. There won't even be a tomorrow if they keep it up. Nobody joins the military for honor or valor anymore because people see how shitty this country is and that serving it unironically would be retarded. If you asked me, the government could probably spend half as much on the military and still be 100% safe. If any country were to lay a finger on the U.S., the entire world would annex their land and cast the populus into space. Do not join the Navy or I'll be slightly disappointed in you, user.

Yes, you should join.

Sign up for four years. No matter what the recruiter says, sign up for four years (unless you're a linguist or something that requires more than four).

I dunno how the Navy does it, but find out about guaranteed jobs. When I joined the AF, you could get a guaranteed job if you had a 95 or better on the ASVAB. Every service is different. Get them to guarantee a job you want. Which leads to...

Nothing your recruiter says is worth a shit unless it's on your contract. Seriously, if there's something that's make-or-break for you, get it on the contract. Make sure the final contract you sign as MEPS also has that item. Recruiters will lie their asses off, but the military will abide by the contract.

Anyway, sign up for four, if you hate it, it's only four years. No biggie. If you love it, the reenlistment bonuses are probably better than whatever your recruiter was offering for a six year term. You'll learn a lot, make friends, do interesting things, and you'll be able to sit around and bullshit with anyone who's been in the military. The benefits are great - take advantage of those - and it's a great way to pay for college if you're like me and don't have parents paying your way.

Good luck.

The military is for chivalrous orphans!!!

I'm not an orphan. My parents couldn't pay for my college (not that I wanted college then, but I went to college later courtesy of Uncle Sam).

The Navy...,..
100 men go in

50 couples come out.

Lol faggot squids
Be a man join the marines.
Or at least the air force.

>be a man
>join air force
pick one