youtube.com/watch?v=TcfOmhGJ8G4
youtube.com/watch?v=LLRYS-AkGA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was garbage

literally garbage

honestly it was trash

It's loveless but better and less reverb

that album cover is fucking horrifyingly bad

it could be the best album in the world and i would still feel ashamed to listen to it with an album cover like that

what the FUCK were they thinking

I liked it a lot but it's been a long year and I didn't make a list aside from picking aoty. If anything it's absence is an indication of how good the year was.

This year has been horrible for cover art.

was that the band that did the ost for metal gear? they fuckin suck ass and dick

They had one single song on the most recent metal gear solid 5

It was good. Not as good as their first 2 albums, but still.

fuck you Garbage were awesome.

Great album and still an excellent band to see perform live. Its a shame this record didnt get the attention it deserved but its pretty far removed from whats trendy now. If youre a Garbage fan, its likely youll dig it.

I agree about the album cover however...reeeeeeeally bad

>that album cover is fucking horrifyingly bad
This. It's shocking how a band that used to have such fucking awesome visuals put out an album cover that looks like band high school deviantart bullshit.

Now Garbage are an indie band. On their older albums (pre-NYKOP), the artwork has been done by a pro hired by their major label, now they relied on a shitty designer. Shame, really.

These 2 people are responsable for this artwork:
Ryan Corey – additional photos, art direction, design, illustration
Jeri Heiden – art direction

This year was awful for cover art so let's not throw them under the bus.

Finally a band that lives up to its name

I like the sound on "If I Lost You"

Damn...

But back in the mid to late 90's, during their heyday, they were fucking cutting edge. That couldn't have all been labels imposing shit on them. Hell, Butch Vig himself is an industry inside man with some fucking amazing production credits. He should know better than this.

Reminder that Garbage used to be fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pmd3UiNfNkA

Yeah although as I understand it he's technically an engineer but as commonly happens will be credited as producer

That's truer now, but he was the sole, non-executive producer for NIrvana's Nevermind and SP's Gish and Siamese Dream.

Well I do see that he is specifically credited as both producer and engineer on nevermind but it's at least possible that it's a technicality as opposed to when a separate engineer or producer being credited altogether. I just know that those are very commonly interchangeable terms depending on the circumstances so if he's credited as both then something similar may be happening.

But I suppose much closer to the point, do any of those have particularly good covers? And Gish is actually pretty awful.

>Gish is actually pretty awful.
being this fucking wrong.

Now are you keeping up? We have been talking about album cover art.

Push It is an incredible song. I'd wish they revisit that style that suited them so well.

Don't forget about Sonic Youth - Dirty.

The Gish cover suits the psychadelic and goth tones of the album, what are you on about?

t. anco nu-male fan

Well I'm sure Garbage has an equally good reason for their cheetah thing

Just that no one knows what it is

I really enjoyed it, though not to the extent of something like their debut or Version2.0

It was decent enough.
The only '90's band that got any love in the AOTY lists this year was Radiohead.

Fantastic album.

Top 3 songs:

3) Blackout
youtube.com/watch?v=yVR6U-pYTGI
2) Magnetized
youtube.com/watch?v=TcfOmhGJ8G4
1) Even though our Love is Doomed
youtube.com/watch?v=LLRYS-AkGA8