Which one was better?

US or UK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p6Eaz-1_3iA
youtube.com/watch?v=e-w1Q1cWv5U
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrg89rvtZ1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

US obviously. uk was decent but was only one season. us season 1-6 is great and steve carrell is 100x funnier than le atheist brit man

Both are very different shows for very different audiences. The american version of the office was amazing up until Micheal leaves, then it turns to shit. The original show is funny too wish there was more episodes.

They're both awful. And I say that with all sincerity .

I prefer the American one because the British one makes me too uncomfortable.

I get that David Brent is a scumbag that we're supposed to dislike, but that doesn't make it any less painfully awkward. I could see the jokes, but I was too bothered to laugh.

I had similar reactions to The Comeback and Hello Ladies.

UK was a work of art whereas US was just a good show. Brits over-inflate their "superiority" a lot though, and Gervais is a talentless hack outside of The Office and maybe Extras.

I'm American btw.

This shit looks even worse than the post-Michael episodes of The Office US. At least the American version got 7 seasons of passable quality before it reached this point.

It really doesn't turn to shit, there were some great episodes after Michael leaves. I'm tired of this meme. Dwight dressing up as Belsnickel in season 9 is alone worth it.

As a British person who has seen absolutely nothing of the US version of The Office and some but not all of the UK version, I'm going to have to say, categorically, that the US version is infinitely better probably.

Remember, I am British, so my opinion of this show should be gospel.

And Extras. Gervais crosses the uncomfortable line way too often that I forget it's just a show.

Gervais needs to just stop. Although, I suppose him pathetically having to go back to a character he probably thought he'd never have to return to brings me some enjoyment. Fuck you Ricky.

The US show never had this GOAT scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6Eaz-1_3iA

It turned to shit in season 6 with Michael still there. Also no, you don't wish that about the UK version. At the end of the day, you're happy it didn't go on for 4 seasons, too long.

Kill yourself.

They are quite different shows, but even as an englander I have to say the US one was much better

The boss was better as the endearing idiot than the an actual slimeball you just hate.

the british one felt like it could be a real life british officeplace though

I wouldn't be surprised you didn't even watch the later episodes and are just spouting meaningless retarded memes. Get fucked, faggot.

The Office or Starring Ricky Gervais as Ricky Gervais in Ricky Gervais?

I cringed so hard during the UK episode 1 and I barely went through the second episode. Very very different shows and I hate Ricky.

Season 6 had the best episode though.

About halfway through the US office and I really wish they fucking reigned in Micheal's character a little more.
He's like a fucking cartoon which frustrates me because Carrel has great timing and the quieter more "real" moments are great.

But then again, I'm a britbong so maybe some of the similarities between him and american office life is lost.

Also Jim and Pam is the most boring shit ever.

Okay you are right. Using the word shit is too harsh but there is was a drop in comedic quality with Michael's departure. The season finally tho was perfect.

The US is a lot funnier and have more charismatic actors by far, Steve Carrell is fucking fenomenal.

>what smells worse, liquid shit or regular shit?

the office u.s. is a sitcom first and foremost with all the related trappings. still a very good show for like 3.5 seasons. office uk is a masterpiece mockumentary

Carell did it better
youtube.com/watch?v=e-w1Q1cWv5U

Waaaay too uncomfrotable, almost to the UK level .
I really liked Phyllis's wedding.

> Ladies and Gentleman, for the first time as a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Vance!

UK for me.
The film crew idea wasn't completely played out. The shots were realistic and the camera is a factor in character actions throughout the show.

The US version mostly used it as an excuse to mug at the camera. Once in a while they would use something like Michael forgetting to turn off his mic.
This lead to parks and modern family where it is just replacing a laugh track, which really bugs me.

As comedies, they are too different but both are good.
UK is way more grounded. The cringe is brutal. Brent is hard to sympathize with, but you still find yourself wanting him to succeed. At first you just want him to stop for your sake, but then you start to want him to stop for his sake.
US is goofy and over the top and Steve Carrel is impossible to hate.

>Get fucked, faggot.
Why, because you have shit taste? There's nothing redeemable about seasons 8 and 9 especially. Robert California is a fucking terrible character who just spouts one liners and is expected to carry the show. The writers apparently hated Ed Helms and made him fucking retarded by the end of it. Season 9 is fucking garbage by season 8 standards. The boom mic operator plot with Pam is so fucking stupid. Why the fuck do you need the camera crew to intervene now. Why have a plot surrounding that? It's fucking stupid, and plenty of others agree, hence the series cancellation and piss poor ratings. So fuck off, you stupid cunt.

Dicks

Although the US has some funny moments, the UK one was both more realistic and more rapid-fire.

The US one fell into the trap of developing their characters too much. The UK one thankfully didn't have the time to do that so it's just joke after joke after joke.

Also, the idea of an scumbag attention whore boss is funnier than a borderline retarded boss, imo.

I never said it was perfect. There was some gold there, though, and it's silly to just disregard all later episodes as shit. I rewatched the later seasons a couple weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed them.

US

Hmm let's think about this, shall we?

>Option 1:
Show that was cancelled after the first year.

or

>Option 2:
Show that went 9 seasons.

Decisions, decisions.

No one likes Ricky

UK, you fucking cucks can't even come up with your own ideas.

i am the only who hates ricky gervais?

US has so much more material, almost 30x the material the british series had, it's simply better.

The office was dogshit in S8 though, mostly due to Andy, the least likable character that's supposed to be "likable" that I've ever seen. He got even worse in the 9th season.

At least the Finale in S9 was very good, one of the better finales for a sitcom I've ever seen.

I liked the British version. It was short but so much better. I just liked/hated the characters more.

UK version for sure

The difference is fucking night and day, it's almost embarrassing.

More GOAT Gervais:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrg89rvtZ1k

Staged.

the US version.. I literally can't understand what the actors are saying in the UK version

WOOO WACKY DANCE MAN XD THREE WORDS : FUGGIN EPIC BRO. THIS IS GOING ON REDDIT!!!

No shit

Nigga you're the one that's coming off as a redditor. Chill my dude.

No one is normal in the US version.

I'm not your dude. Nigga.

I'm not your nigga, guy.

I didn't mind season 8 and 9 when I first watched it all in order but now that I just chuck on random episodes, the quality difference couldn't be clearer.

britbong but the office is shit so who cares.

Would Gervais reach his current position if it weren't for Merchant and Karl?

UK was ultimately better, Gervais captured the Brent character perfectly. The US version, while still good, went on too long and should have been killed off after the boss left.

terrible. akin to making funny faces at a baby