Drag Queen wears tiara coated with HIV+ blood in bid to ‘end stigma and fight bigotry’

Drag Queen wears tiara coated with HIV+ blood in bid to ‘end stigma and fight bigotry’

what you think /b

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drag-queen-wears-tiara-splattered-8648785
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_HIV/AIDS#United_States_and_Canada
betablog.org/studies-shed-light-on-hiv-risk-and-prevention/
cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/reports/surveillance/cdc-hiv-surveillance-report-us.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rP_q2VI9c1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Horrible. I support LGBT rights, but this is a fucking stupid stunt, and only serves to downplay the seriousness that is the HIV virus.

What we should be working to do is eradicate the virus through safe sex practices, and education, not "ending the stigma."

Fucking dumb.

well put

lol what the fuck link story...

through education ? How do you know you're the educated one ?

How about all these people saying that even with condom they won't have sex with and HIV+ patient ?

Even if said person was under treatment and their viral charge was kept undetectable ?

Most people have close to 0 knowledge of how HIV works, and spread, and if you knew some HIV+ people you would know that the stigma is as real as it's unjustified.

Would you have sex with an HIV+ person? Is that really worth the risk? Even if it's a 1 in 1000 chance, I'm not rolling the dice on maybe contracting a deadly disease.

I would if I was wearing a condom. Also there are lots of ways to have sex with someone that aren't just penis in vagina or ass. So yes, I would.

it's not 1 in 1000 chance. You are rolling the dice every time you have sex with someone since you don't know their viral status.

An HIV+ whose treatment is working has a viral charge so low that they can't spread HIV.

Plus you are using condom.

But since you are uneducated, you think it's 1 in 1000 chance. That's the point of their protest, to end the stigma and to get people like you to reconsider what they think they know

I think you're full of shit, but whatever enjoy your AIDS.

Yeah, let's just all hug and kiss and get AIDS together and we'll all be happy! Yay!

Want to talk about irresponsibility? How did the HIV virus spread? Did you know that greater than 95% or all new cases of HIV are spread through intravenous needle sharing or anal sex.

Thats it. Strait, non-heroin addicts are practically immune to the virus. If the drug addict/gay male communities had acted even halfway responsible there would no longer BE a virus.

That's bullshit and you know it.

Are you talking about 95% of new case wolrdwide ? In the USA ? In developed country ?

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drag-queen-wears-tiara-splattered-8648785

For example in my country ( France) gay men only represent 27% of new case.

> It was sealed with a plastic sealant to protect myself against infection if rain were to liquify the blood again.

He might act tolerant and completely condoning, but even this faggot is so scared of contracting HIV he literally sealed the crown in plastic. lol

Says a lot, what a contradiction!

in the US it's 40 to 49% en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_HIV/AIDS#United_States_and_Canada

I'm not saying the guy wearing the crown isn't stupid as fuck and uninformed.

You can find retard among all movement and supporting every cause.

Yes, you just proved my point. Half (49%) of it is the Gays doing buttsex, and the other half is needle-sharing and drug addicts doing buttsex.

No, 32% to 35% of new case are from heterosexual case. Just read the link.

Heterosexual "HIGH RISK" behaviors. Meaning buttsex. Usually because the woman/man receiving it up the ass needs their drug money

There's an HIV epidemic in southern Indiana because Pence wanted to suspend needle exchange programs. Dirty needles caused over 200+ infections just within the last year. Fucking heroin junkies are dumber than a box of rocks, they're not gonna stop and removing access to clean needles made things worse.

The whole 'fight stigmas' shit is a waste of time and it downplays the seriousness of the disease. This isn't autism. This is a viral infection that attacks the immune system.

As expected, sexual exposure risks ranged from too low to quantify for oral sex, to 138 per 10,000 for receptive anal sex. Falling in between were insertive anal sex (11 per 10,000), receptive vaginal sex (8 per 10,000), and insertive vaginal sex (4 per 10,000).

betablog.org/studies-shed-light-on-hiv-risk-and-prevention/

tl:dr. You are 34.5 times more likely to get aids from buttsex than from sticking your penis in an infected vagina.

cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/reports/surveillance/cdc-hiv-surveillance-report-us.pdf

page 18 : in 2014 2049 people got infected by HIV from heterosexual contact.

Meaning buttsex. What is your point?

You are the one who say "meaning buttsex" the study doesn't say that.

My point is that :

>Strait, non-heroin addicts are practically immune to the virus

isn't true.

Isn't that illegal?

And my point is that the people who are taking an HIV positive dick up the ass are usually doing it for drug money anyways.

From your own link:

>In general, recent studies have shown that 1 in 5 gay and bisexual men were infected with HIV
>In the United States, African Americans make up about 48% of the total HIV-positive population and make up more than half of new HIV cases, despite making up only 12% of the population.
>African American women are 19 times more likely to contract HIV than other women.
>In the United States in particular, a new wave of infection is being blamed on the use of methamphetamine, known as crystal meth. Research presented at the 12th Annual Retrovirus Conference in Boston in February 2005 concluded that using crystal meth or cocaine is the biggest single risk factor for becoming HIV+ among US gay men, contributing 29% of the overall risk of becoming positive and 28% of the overall risk of being the receptive partner in anal sex.

tl:dr: Needle sharing and buttsex eclipse any other route of transmission. A drug addicted woman whoring out her asshole for meth is still considered "heterosexual contact"

How do you know gay people who were infected aren't the one who are doing chemsex too ?

I think drugs has a lot larger impact on the spread of HIV than gay sex.

Because even if the risk of transmission is higher from anal sex, you can get rid of HIV if you have a good immune system - source :

youtube.com/watch?v=rP_q2VI9c1w

and the reason for the high rate of infection of gay men is because the high use of drugs in the LGBT community.

It also explain why it's 49% in the USA, and only 27% in France, because in France there is less use of drugs in the gay community, especially meth who is really rare in France and widespread in the USA