Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A4uxi68PriM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Scripture that condemns the globe theory
nah

>globe theory
You mean the theory that was made up hundreds of years ago? You're going to believe an outdated theory over modern science?

>b8ing this hard
here's a (you) for you.

>globe theory
>theory

youtu.be/A4uxi68PriM
discuss

>calling something you don't understand b8
The earth is so obviously flat that it's painful to explain to people brainwashed in school. If the earth was curved, sea creatures would swim to the surface when they tried to go strait.

You're wrong.
/thread

That only proves that the ISS is really high up, which everyone knows already.

>durr you're wrong
Like you could provide one credible reason supporting the weak round earth theory.

Guys this flat earth meme went too far we can atop

>meme
That's the new excuse for everything. It's just a meme. It's all just a meme, right user? When overwhelming scientific evidence supports a theory it's still a meme. Go back to 9gag.

What am I watching?

Every U2 and SR71 picture taken at crusing altitude

That's the International Space Station flying high above the earth's surface. If the earth was actually spherical the station would go on forever because there is no friction in space.

The Greeks knew the earth was spherical. In fact I believe a Greek was the first to measure directly measure the radius (or circumference). Eratosthenes used shadows in Alexandria. Fuck off with "hundreds of years old." The Greeks predate Jesus.

All doctored by the time they reach the public. In real life you can't see a curve, even in a plane. What some people mistake as a "curvature" is actually light being distorted in the atmosphere user.

It does go on forever. It's called orbit.

How come I can't use a telescope to see south america, then?

Nice meme round earth theorist. Back to 9gag.

/Thread

Because there are mountains in the way, the region is home to some of the highest concentrations of mountains on earth, which also explains why there is so much atmospheric distortion there specifically.

No it just flies in a circle, have you ever seen it in real life?

1 Do you have any idea how hig those planes fly
2 prove their altered

A circle around the earth yes. What do you think it does?

why is sunrise and sunset at different times in the time zones.

Sun should rise over the edge in the east and light will hit all the earth at the same time. ok, the sun will be overhead at different times (so different noons) but then set when it gets to the west edge - so eastern places have short mornings and long afternoons, western have short evenings with long mornings.

and there is no way to account for northern and southern 24hr days in summer and dark all winter. and of course the variation in day length through the year and the variation in angle of the sun on different days at noon time.

or the different altitude and hour angle variations for star gazing for all the stars in the heavens.

or the angle of the sun at noon as opposed to a set time which allows us to calculate longitude (which I have done using a sextant in various places, just for fun,)

so basically, your flat earth theory need a lot of backup and a lot better than "light distortions" or bullshit about magnetism.
The crap about the light being dim because it has longer to travel through the atmosphere is laughable. You need a whole different set of physical laws to allow that.
Basically, why don’t you stop this silly trolling.

You're going to trust a bunch of ancient scientific theories that haven't been tested since the bronze age over current theories that are formed using modern science? How do you think electricity was invented, by innovation and modern scientific theories.

OP where the antarctica at?

Retard

>overwhelming scientific evidence supports a theory

you mean the theory of gravity, and spherical planets, heliocentric solar system, big galaxy all that? because there is no evidence at all for a flat earth, yes?

just checking for sake of ambiguity

If I could prove they were altered, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The CGI is cutting edge, it can't be seen with the naked eye.
Planes stay up by traveling through the molecules in the atmosphere, as anyone who's taken high school science can tell you.

Wow , What a bunch of fucking retards.

underrated post

Sheep. Go back to believing what the government employees, I mean teachers taught you in school.

so if you cant prove it how do you know?
Also see RAM jets

God ofc.

Not to mention different constellations in different hemispheres, as well as the circular shadow Earth casts unto the moon.

Can someone who thinks the earth is flat explain how polar orbits are possible? Pro tip: you cant.

this is fact. my dubs say so

cool

Exactly. A circle above a 2D plane, not a loop around a space chicken egg. Do you really think the earth is shaped like a stupid oval? What are you an idiot?

I brought that exact point up. They told me the atmosphere blocks the sun when it's in certain "quadrants"

Antarctica and the north pole are actually a singular pole, it's cold there because the sun doesn't get very close.

>atmosphere blocks the sun

Cripes these people are stupid

Fake and gay

САП ДВАЧ МУР МУР МУР

Man, fuck niggers.

The device you are shitposting on was made possible by mathematical advancements made by the Greeks you Mongoliod. Try again.

How does gps work in flat earth theory?

>go back to believing what the government employees taught you
Why would the government hide that

This can all be explained easily by atmospheric distortion. When the sun gets close, it burns all the flammable molecules nearby, creating heat and light that we call daytime. When the sun goes away, the light has to travel farther through the atmosphere, so there is not much left by the time it gets to you. That's why it looks dark at night.
The moon's shadow is caused by the sun being behind the moon (relatively speaking) on its path around the earth. You just can't see it because of this very same atmospheric distortion.

>when you b8 so hard it actually becomes cringey

That's this thread.

satellites are in a low earth orbit. not hard to comprehend.

when galaxies,stars and planets are forming from dust/debris they start to spin as they collapse in on themselves. this causes centrifugal forces to pull outwards against the force of gravity but this force does not affect the "top" and "bottom" of these objects, this means that they can collect together into the centre. when all of the debris collects together it creates an Oblate Spheroid, not a perfect sphere but close enough to be considered spherical. sometimes the centrifugal force is equal to, or greater than, the gravity opposing it either holding the debris in an orbit where they can create solar systems/planets or the debris will be flung out into darkness space.

>talking about photo's taken in an SR71
>first flight: 1964
>Bitches about CGI imagines.

Goddamn user. get it together.

The device I'm posting on wasn't made by a bunch of bronze age oily togabros, they couldn't even imagine the technology we have today. Did you think the magical Greeks discovered everything?

Flat Earth.

The idea that the Government has been lying to you and only a handful of officials and scientist know the truth.

The idea that everything you were taught about maths, science and physics could all be wrong.

The idea that a Government employee must sit down and translate all the forumlas and theories that "normies" come up with into a system that works on the "true flat earth" model.

Of course.

yeah but I was asking how a flat earth theorist would explain things like that to see what sort of goofy shit he would make up on the spot

Is that the best you can come up with? Is this the agreed upon "theory" or are you just making it up as you go along.

How big is the sun? How far away is it from Earth? How does that distance vary? What is the Sun? Genuinely trying to understand your fantasy.

easy - there is actually a secret grid of towers, like cell phone towers that does the triangulation. the whole satellite story is a government cover up. ( now you ask why they do that - well, who can tell what motivates the minds of Lizards)

Our all mighty lord and savior makes the days and nights just right for us here in the good ol heartland of the Midwest, while he punishes those degenerate Eskimos in the north pole. Every winter our Lord covers the area up in complete darkness so he doesn't have to see them have relations with their daughters and sons. And in the summer he basks the area in daylight to help the bastard children of the winter orgies grow. It really is a miracle of God :)

>swim to the surface when they try to go straight
>not understanding gravity
>being this autistic

To promote theories that make it easier to control your mind. Not complicated.

Please explain how it counteracts the centrifugal force when whizing above the plane of earth at a really high speed.

Earth is round, but that is fake as shit

Nice off topic reason user

Care to back up your expert opinion with some evidence? Or should we just take your word for it because this is the internet?

>what is gravity?

Adorable , atmospheric distortion crap again. It all comes back to this, blah blah blah , atmospheric distortion, I'm so smart blah blah blah. Troll troll troll. Love ya brother.

It's really big and really far away. The distance doesn't vary much in the big scheme of things, it's the sun's position in the sky. Imagine you're holding a lantern underwater, the light and heat travel a short distance but runs out of energy after a while. That's like the sun in the atmosphere, when it's close you can see it and when it's far away the elliptical atmospheric lens effect makes it look like you can't see the sun even though it doesn't just disappear.

You're jumping at shadows where you should be stabbing at bankers.

Considering what you just said we shouldn't belive what you flatters say neither.

we can see stars at night that are lightyears away and are still very bright, you know if you were to go to places with little to no light pollution (like the desert or countryside) you would be able to see galaxies with your naked eye, if you were to setup a timelapse of the sky in these areas you would see them move in a curved path through the sky. with this in mind, how would the sun stay hidden at night its that close without going out, and if it did go out, how would it come back?

ahh makes sense. Thx guy for enlightening me.

Gravity is a myth shilled out to goys to keep them in line. It is the weight of many atmospheric molecules that hold us down.

>Doesn't backup his claim
>Assumes I'm a flat earther (why?)
So as I was saying, care to actually provide some evidence?

If you believe one thing they tell you, then you're more likely to believe other things they say. Psychology 101.

so the earth is round this time?

I am not the user you were talking to. Was just pointing out the contradiction.

Earth is actually a cube , you just cant tell because of atmospheric distortion.

Religion no good
Makes you think Earth is some kind of chocolate tablet

centrifugal force? You mean the momentum created by the satellite, maintained in a frictionless vacuum like space? That doesn't prove anything except that the sheeple get more gullible every day.

HAHA

why would they hold you down? whats stopping them going up or sideways? you do realise that weight is the term for gravity when acting upon mass so places with lower gravity makes things weigh less.

The phenomenon you call gravity is actually the weight of all the molecules in the atmosphere. They are very light but there are thousands of them so the effect is multiplied.

The atmospheric particles couldn't weigh anything down without gravity.

>Enough weight to keep you and everything pinned to the ground
>Apparently not enough weight to crush you and everything on the ground
*thumbs up*

Not crap, but you can't seem to accept what's right in front of you. Go outside and loom up. Assuming you can see the sky, does it look round to you? No, it's as flat as a crisp dollar bill.

Cite evidence or GTFO.

By evidence I am talking papers and numbers. Not your psuedo science.

Space is not friction-less nor is it really a vacuum

Not crap, but you can't seem to accept what's right in front of you. Go outside and look up. Assuming you can see the sky, does it look round to you? No, it's as flat as a crisp dollar bill.

see my othre response

no the force that pushes outwards when you go in a circle, as observed in every corner you drive with your car.

It's funny because I can track the ISS with my phone and depending on the conditions of the night, I can see it with my own eyes move across the sky.