If you're over the age of 18 and still live with your parents, you're officially a loser...

If you're over the age of 18 and still live with your parents, you're officially a loser. Please feel free to tell me below reasons why you disagree.

I think it's over the age of 20 if there is nothing stopping you
also, some people need to take care of their parents in their old age

I've been on my own since 17. I'd have to disagree bud

Also, isn't the take care of parents in their old age mainly an Asian culture thing?

>Can have lots of money and success and still live with your parents

>Some parents are cool as fuck

>Parents homes can be much nicer than ones you'll be able to afford in youth

>Not everyone have shit trailer trash parents like you to where getting their first apartment was the greatest day of their life.

19 and living with my parents because I commute to my university every day.

You stupid Americans feel the need to move out and live 5 miles down the road in a shitty dorm while accumulating $40,000 more in student debt because of >muh independence.

I lived with my parents during university, from 18 to 22.
I had no reason to move out: great relationship with them, large enough house that I rarely saw them, uni in same town.
And I knew I would live on my own in a few years, no need to rush.

Depends how long you want to pursue your dreams and while taking advantage of the resources around you. You get to dump more time into your passions and a shot at making a living that way at the expense of the shame of living at home. How long you're willing to make that sacrifice is up to you.

>be mauritian (asian) fag
>looking after sick mother
>bro moved out. All alone and depressed now

I'm 19 and just starting my senior year in highschool. Why would I move out while I'm still in highschool?

>18
>moving out tomorrow for college

33 and I still live with my parents.

I'm american, feel the same way you do, europoor

Idk tbh. Am living at home during college. Makes zero sense for me to spend a shit load more on a dorm when I can just stay at home.

The fuck is mauritian?

People for Mauritius.
Wikipedia that, seems like an interesting nation.

Bit old tbh.

It's the only way I can afford college.
Good thing I graduate in a year and a half.

mah nigga

>dis me

Be me.
22 Ausfag and know I'm a loser.
Would've shot myself and the others if I could get a gun.

I'm actually a europoor living in the US.

I've got mates living in the same city as me and I make the short drive to classes daily while they throw away that $10-12K a year.

Tiny island where my parents came from. It's in the indian ocean, mix of dutch, portuguese, indian, chinese, french, black and english influences. But mostly indian hindus. They speak french, home of the dodo, etc.

I 15 now but I think wen I'll be 18 I still will live wit my parents cuz I'm russian that means no money no home and so on. :(

>ow the edge

My fucking daughter (step daughter) and her three kids just moved back in with us. She's almost 27 years old. Her kids are 6, 4 and 2.

She has no job, no ambition, no money, no furniture, nothing but a fucking huge ass pile of clothes.

They're making a huge fucking mess all of the time, which she acts like it's unreasonable for us to expect that she clean up.

Last night she said "I really would love to be able to have a maid, or a live-in nanny."

Is she hot at least?

Well I get disability and pay rent roof over my head belly full and $100-300 a month to buy stuff.

I felt sad after writing this post and realising there are lots of people who born in 1st or 2nd world's countries.

so just because you are technically an adult you should move out? I don't think so, ever heard of college? I think it's ok to live with ur parents until you are 24 should be enough time to get your own life

Disability for what? Britfag here, I was on jobseekers (welfare) for 2 months. It was the most demoralising thing I've experienced. Made me damned right suicidal.

The norwegian government pays for my studies and housing :)

How do you get disability?

i dont disagree. 21 here
cannot find anything i can afford and its livable at the same time (i got a job and money, i just spend it all every month)

Belly obviously more than just full you fat cunt.

Enjoy it while you can, the oil money will soon be used for gibs me dat refugees.

Her tits are enormous, each is bigger than your head, but she's gained a bunch of weight, I'll bet she weighs over 275 right now.

Yeah, she eats like a....I don't even know the analogy, I'm so annoyed. She broke up from a guy that weighed easily 350, her two youngest kids are super fat and all the three of them do is eat. The oldest has a genetic liver disease, so he can't absorb any nutrients, so he eats all the time too.

Clearly a b8 thread but still insteresting to discuss.

On one side: It's ok to live with your parents when you're over 18
>More money in your pocket
>Not all parents are dicks
>Less stressful when in uni
>Not an obstacle to success
>House > average apartment

On the other side: It's not ok to live with your parents when you're over 18.
>Cooler
>More independence

I'm 29, living at home.

moved back home 2 years ago after moving out at 21 due to a bad breakup & subsequent fallout. having family close was important & extremely helpful.

I have a good job. I pay them rent & buy groceries. not a freeloader. we've always gotten along great so it's not that big of a deal to me.

whatever. it's the cards life dealt me at the time. staying with them helped me get myself together. not proud but I don't shy away from it.

looking for my own place right now. plan on moving out by year's end.

my parents are rich, their place is big, and i went to university close to where they live (keep in mind most people do this because continental european university aren't like the one in the US with on campus housing for student) , so i stayed at their place until i graduated and moved out at 24 when i had my first job.

I'm kinda the same as her maybe me and her should hook up I keep all my clothes I wear in this...
Picture I feel like a fucking loser I mean my parents are right i fucking make a mess of the house leave TV playing lights on not even in that part of the house garbage all over like wrappers cups dishes it's not that bad but still.

Well you could behave in an overtly inappropriate manner and make her want to move out? When I say inappropriate I don't mean "try to fuck her".

You'll wipe that smile off your face when you will start to pay taxes.

I'm 21 and my girlfriend is 19. we're currently saving for a deposit on a house. house prices in southern England are ridiculous unless your family are rich... mine are poor

The fuck is that pic?

Losers are people who depress themselves based on others opinions or societal norms. Losers are people who don't live to their own standards and say "fuck what they think." Sometimes shit happens, sometimes people live at home for one reason or another. People who work hard to keep a job they hate and raise a family they resent because "That's what you're supposed to do" are the real losers.

Currently living in my moms basement.. moved in because my dad died suddenly in a car crash. Things are just sort of working out this way. I want to leave but, I also know that I have a good job, we're in a good place.. and it's fine to appreciate when things are good.. because things aren't ALWAYS gonna be this way.

hi bismuth

This.

Living with your parents while at university, if your university is near your parents' house, is just an intelligent decision as long as you're not being an asshole about it and taking advantage of living at home.
Of course someone who's going to be paying off his debt for the next decade can still smugly pontificate to me about how independent he is, but how independent are you really with your bank's hand that far up your ass? I'd rather owe my parents for providing me a place to stay than owe my bank plus interest because I had something to prove.
When I graduate I'll be able to move out with both feet on the ground and minimal debt, rather than this shortsighted leap of someone ditching home at 18 to pay out the ass to live in a shitty residence dorm (presuming they're getting higher education).

Yea. Live in a shithole in northeast london, had the house valued at £465k... It's a piece of shit house.

Probably a flagpole at nighttime.

Make her lose weight or threaten her to kick her to the curb. Then make her your fuck doll and in exchange she can stay.

What if I live with my ex-wife's mom?

wise/10

Because the US government still feels that I'm mentally disabled but they will soon kick me off because my disability can be treated.
I have bipolar depression and anxiety but something I said to the girl giving me a mental exam felt I was still pretty fucked up in the head.

House prices are ridiculously overpriced. Wages have been stagnanting for years while inflation wipes out peoples income in real terms.

I was 27 when I moved into my own place. Finished education when I was 24 and spent 3 years working 2 jobs and doing bits on the side to pay off debts and save a deposit.

Or a nigger

Then you need to move on, unless you're dating that mom, then you need to see a shrink.

its a respect thing..

I'm 26 and lived on my own since 19 if I remember correctly. I'm actually living with my parents this winter while I look for a house to buy since my lease is going to be up next month... Am I loser OP?

fuck London. Bristol is bad but London is a whole new level. an OK house here is £200,000-£250,000 in an area where you can walk around past 7pm without being stabbed. fuck the uk man

>If you're over the age of 18 and still live with your parents, you're officially a loser.
That mentality isn't supported in this economy as the one it became a standard in.
How's America op?

I don't disagree OP. I moved out when I was 18 and was fine for a couple years until I got laid off. Had to move back and haven't landed anything as well paying since therefore have no means to leave immediately.

I don't mind the time though after a couple deaths in my family I realized I never really bonded with my parents in a traditional sense. So it gave me an opportunity to step back and give my peeps the time they deserved. And I don't think I'll regret that decision before I head out again. Which will hopefully be within the year after I finish muh degree.

>I'm a whiny bitch so I sit on my ass at my parent's house doing fuck all because I don't want to work for a living

I get you, pal

26, finna move back in with em since i just landed a fat analysts job in my hometown. gonna keep collecting bimmers. PLUS i love bringing ladies back to my parents, its fun in a way.

Why would I bother when college is literally a 10 minute walk from my house and I don't earn enough to afford acommadation in a densely populated city without racking up thousands in debt?
Also literally no one in my country moves out at 18

Are you 16?

check and mate

Nigger detected

Flash didn't work
>Fixed
My clothes I keep in here in the laundry room in a tube.

This guy gets life.

It was sorta my idea that she move in, sadly. We have an open rental house right now that she could have moved into, but I know that she'd never be able to pay rent, and it's on a very very busy street, right on the street...and she doesn't watch her kids, so they'd be dead by now.

I just don't understand how someone can move into my 9000+ square foot house that I've spent nearly $300,000 in the past four years restoring myself and just lay the fuck around and make messes and eat everything.

I work from home (hence the ability to piss around on /b) and she sees that we make money, but has no interest whatsoever. She was whining the other day that she had to miss her Wiz concert that she'd planned on attending, the next day I find out that she owes the electric company over $2000!

>I had shitty childhood: the post.

Some people don't accumulate debt because they don't fucking suck at life, can balance work and study, and actually deserve to go to college/university. The majority of college students in the US are too stupid to benefit from a college education.

Why does saving money make me a loser, you fucking faggot?

Enjoy never progressing in life

We have a pretty strict laws against refugees, we are not gon end up like sweden

Yeah, i know, i wish i could be a student forever

Moved out at 17. Have received $0 in financial support since that day as well. Am 30 now. Also, grew up extremely poor, no food, etc so inb4 rich fag

I live with my parents because I retired them. I'm filthy rich, and I'm actually not a cunt to leave them behind, so they live with me in my estate. Fuck me, right?

rich fag

It would take her two years of marathon training to lose enough to get to a size that I would even consider fucking if she wasn't my daughter.

Pictures pls

Dad is kill.
Mum is old and frail.
I live with her because she's the only person I care about.

>lol imma live alone and be indepundet
>also ill be in debt for the next 50 years but lol no parents #yaaasss

Americans are actually THIS retarded.

if true, heart warming.

>move out at 19
>me and gf and two of her friends split 2 bedroom apartment
>we all have good jobs and go to college
>paying for the bills and groceries and all that shit we still have a good amount of money leftover
>i take a slice of mine every month and send it to my parents
>my brother is 26 and still lives with them
>he's never had a job
>stays in his room and goes on Sup Forums all day

Matt if you're reading this, get a fucking job and stop piggybacking you fucking loser. Signed little bro.

Yea fuck you rich fag. I bet you have an armoire

Agreed. 28 fag here. Didn't move out until 24. Never cared, my parents have always been cool.

>can balance work and study
Maybe shits cheaper in America, but where I'm from it's literally impossible to comprehensively stay on top of college work (unless your course is a joke) while working, and have enough money to afford accomadation in a major city without accumulating debt. For that reason, literally no one does it.

GO HERE THERE'S LOTTO GOING ON

This. I'm 22 and in my last year of college and, because of living at home, my part time job wages have gone into a savings account which I will use to pay my tuition.

I'm a Canuck.

so stop being a fucking slob?

No, my parents live with me.

Yeah Matt you fucking loser. Sort your life out.

Thats what im doing. Fuck racking up this debt and fuck "muh independence" fags.. Its like our government literally wants to own us like slaves economically, especially when you think about the other factors, like culture, politics, and the medical system. So, I'm not taking the chance of fucking my life for good just to look like an okay person to people i dont really care about. Id rather live for myself, my beliefs, and those who help me. After seeing the dumb ass shit people think and feel, they can rot.

sounds like your parents kinda fucked up on that one

"Hurrr durr look at me I'm so independent living in my shitty $800/mon 1 bedroom, 1/2 bath, kitchen/dining room/living room apartment. I don't mind being broke as shit and never being able to save any money for a real house!"

Fuck off life noob. If you and your gf (assuming your broke ass can even afford to take a girl on dates) work a full time job and save $1k/month each, that's $24,000 cash you'll have in 12 months. That's 1/4th of a house and a hell of a nice down payment.

In 2 years I'll be in my half paid off house while you'll be busting your ass to pay rent for the next 30 years.

This.
My parents are well over 65 and I'm just about to turn 19. I'm definitely saving up a good lump some of down payment for a half million dollar multi family house. Plus with my career I'll be making 6 figures easy. I ain't throwing my parents In a nursing home. Fuck that shit

Why is everyone in this thread against living at home? Thats what homes were made for :[

Read the thread, about 9 out of 10 are NOT against leaving at home.