C O N T R O V E R S I A L onions thread

this isn't even that great an album, it was just decent and carried by 2 of the best singles & accompanying music videos of the last 20 years

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/theavalanches/bad-day-w-freddie-gibbs-rough-mix-1-a-christmas-jam-for-you-all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is something supernaturally significant about burial

a lot of people here don't like this album OP

student demonstration time > surf's up

Wild flower was boring. Some of the songs were good but it was hard to get through.

This is the best hip hop album of 2016

Twin Fantasy is a decent record and it in no way deserves all of the praise it gets

Swans are a boring band

It was alright I enjoyed Atrocity Exhibition a lot more the production is crazy on that album

>Whitehouse are not actually edgy but faggots here will call them this because they love buzzwords
>rap is music, just not a good type of that
>panda bear sucks without avey
>violent femmes are trash
>nirvana were just lucky and kurt's "special" voice is a bloated farce
>noise not being music is what makes it better than actual music
>coil were ephebophiles not pedophiles
>no wave is shitty reharshed rock music given an edgy label to make a "statement"
>some indie music is so much better that most "experimental" and "avant-garde" shit that sells itself as creative stuff
>will toledo is an insufferable faggot with a sour dykeface
>kanye only makes music to promote his clothing line
>michael gira's doesn't actually writre songs, just pointess boring chord "progressions"
>george michael was better at sucking cock that using his voice
>Sup Forums is becoming progressively worse as we speak

FINALLY

This

but it gets a lot of hate too so I think it cancels each other out

DELET

there are several bands that i see as diagnostic of tokenism. that is, if you like these bands, you have almost definitely not spent very much time listening to the respective genre in which they play, but you are also very likely to go into threads where newcomers to such genres ask for recommendations and summon anonymous authority to hype a mediocre album. those bands are:

Avalanches, Jamie xx, Death Grips, Kamasi Washington, Jon Hopkins, LCD Soundsystem, Agalloch, Deafheaven, Alcest

I agree with this. Though I've only tried to listen to two albums so far.

>michael gira doesn't write songs, just pointless, boring chord "progressions"
eh, maybe after TBK. Everything Pre-Breakup swans is based and TBK was really good
[spoiler]The Seer isn't that good, nor is The Glowing Man[/spoiler]

But why? This is my personal favorite album of all time just because of how evolving, cohesive, catchy, and alive it sounds. I don't even think the music videos are all that special.

>everything pre-breakup
>either hasn't heard half their '90s output or is a pleb

if you don't like sunbather you're a pleb

>evolving
there's several extended sections where it's really easy to drift off as a listener. and i don't mean that in the entering a groove or trance way; i mean that there's sections where they needlessly extend one idea or another to incredibly ridiculous lengths but because the target audience doesn't have experience with what long-form electronic music can sound like, they figure it's somehow innovative or exciting

if you like sunbather you have incredibly boring taste in post-rock (as if there's any other kind of taste in post-rock lol) and you're a hip teenager/college student who refuses to listen to black metal but still wants to #brand with it

lmao what a bunch of pleb bullshit
back to kanye and death grips with you friendo

On a similar note, Wildflower is better than Since I Left You IMO.

>2 of the best singles & accompanying music videos of the last 20 years
If you're talking about Frontier Psychiatrist that explains why you're such a pleb

If y'all didn't already know, Avalanches just released a Wildflower B-Side featuring Freddie Gibbs

soundcloud.com/theavalanches/bad-day-w-freddie-gibbs-rough-mix-1-a-christmas-jam-for-you-all

you're a shit-tier troll but 7/10 for getting one last response from me, which goes as follows:

deafheaven are basically the same thing as DG - a shitty version of a good genre that is elevated by music critics who can't into that genre and they defend it with saying it's a "unique synthesis" or something

So I'm actually really curious about other bands in Death Grips's genre. I like Death Grips, but I haven't really looked for similar/am kind of too lazy to look for similar-sounding stuff. Could you list a few?

fucking amazing as always

Which parts specifically? I always thought that if there were any major parts that run a bit longer, it's almost always mitigated by subtle bits that get introduced here and there, which keeps it fresh. There's always something new I discover because there's so much going on, which is one of the best aspects of the LP imo, that they were able to keep it so cohesive without getting out of control into ear rape territory.

For the year 2000, I think it had an incredibly fresh sound

There isn't really anything very similar but that doesn't stop people from memeing!

That's very disappointing. Oh well.