So I'm a server at a restaurant and all the money I make is from tips...

So I'm a server at a restaurant and all the money I make is from tips. So today this table walked in and sat there in my section for 2 whole hours and tipped me nothing but this parking ticket. Fucking assholes

Lol, get a real job!

Good. Maybe you'll get a degree or at least a job answering phones and stop being a fetch dog.

This is a real job and I'm going to school right now lol

pay it

Work in kitchen and be a cchef you faggit

Did they pay with a credit card?

Why should we pay for you, whore?

Get a real job, cunt, I'd rather pick up my food directly from the kitchen where the real work happens.

You fuck sticks steal tips and don't share with the kitchen properly.

Sick a dick

This.....

You're literally a servant...

fucking this
cant tell you how many times we've fired servers because of not tipping out properly and stealing from the restaurant

The kitchen gets payed hourly. I'd love for people to get their own food unlike stupid fucks like y'all. He payed with two gift cards

Lol, more cleavage next time maybe.

That's what you get for being at A&M. Fuck that school.
Sincerely,
some one who went there for a year.

You'd love to have no job??

Wow, retarded much?

I'm dude but ok, I should get another job though y'all are right. I fucking hate acting all nice for pricks that come in.

Well that mentality is what get you no tips in the first place to be honest.

I'm stupid for not paying your welfare. Yup. So dumb...

OP probably works at a college bar tier restaurant. If you're gonna serve, serve somewhere higher class so you don't get shitty tips

lol they gave us the license number call and report stolen to police

I treat them nice I promise, I'm a great server but when people don't tip it pisses me off

>tipping
do a good job, then you'll get tipped.

if you are not kind enough, noone will tip. it's not obligatory to get tipped, faggot

How much tip is usual at yours?
In germany you get paid and tip.

>all the money I make is from tips.

Now that's a lie, innit buddy.

All the EXTRA money you make is from tips.
Here's a tip for you; Get a real job if you don't like making shit money

You're a slave, just like 90% of the population working hard for the corporations and business owners. You do all the heavy lifting and the owners sit back making the money, but you're concerned about a parking ticket? You should be furious about the system and ready to talk to some politicians about it. But no, you're a happy little slave until someone gives you a parking ticket. Fucking what?

I get payed 2.14$ hourly and it all comes out in taxes so if I work 40 hours a week I make like maybe 3$

then why dont you complain that your boss isnt giving you a living wage? why do you expect everyone else to make your living for you?

It's not an entirely a lie. Most servers make like $2/hr. Well below what is legally allowed under minimum wage laws.

That's said tipping is a retarded concept. Just pay your employees minimum wage, and I'll deal with the increased prices of your menu. At least then I'm not trying to decide the value of your employee.

ITT: I hate my job but I don't wanna do anything about it.

lol fuck off and I say that in a friendly tone. go do something else, join a union job, get an education, do something to better your own life.

he's full of shit, he's not including the tips, if he wasn't getting up to minimum wage the biz has to cover it

ITT: Faggots who watched reservoir dogs and wanna be steve bitchspaghetti

First off, better a server than a line cook working til 2am closing the kitchen making it spotless. Most of you faggots have no jobs, or are eurofags. Quit acting like edgelords and be a normal fucking person for once and not a piece of trash. Tip the fucker for getting 2.30 an hour. If tipping wasnt a thing, youd never be able to afford to eat out.

Also,
>typical A&M trust fund babies

I walked out of work today with only 43$ in tips from 11-3

They make around $2/hour, but if the total amount of money they make in a week, tips and hourly, don't add up to at least federal minimum, the restaraunt has to make up the difference. If you are a server and you get stiffed for literally an entire week, but work 40 hours, you make $7.25 an hour.

Tipping is still stupid. I currently work at a pizza place while I'm in school. I have never liked having to give someone extra gratuity just for doing the job I expected them to do in the first place, and that has not changed. Free money is nice, but I don't ever expect it, and it would be better if I just got a higher hourly.

Exactly, if I got higher hourly I'd be fine with it. But for now this is the only job I've got

Because this is how the legislation sets up the restaurant industry? You're an ignorant fuck if you haven't realized that your food comes discounted and prepped with take out intentions, then it's the servers responsibility to make sure that your intention for the meal is met and satisfied. Then they bring it to your seated, comfortable and relaxed position and serve your whims. You pay for cheap food, then you pay for the service. If you don't tip, you are taking advantage of that service for free which it is strictly and intendedly not. The restaurant is not in the business of hospitality, only food production. The server is entirely responsible for your experience and if it is even satisfactory you should tip.
>if you aren't going to tip get the food to go and get the fuck out. Eat it in your car, eat it in your parents basement. Spill your sweat, tears and mayonnaise (niggers) on your keyboards alone and don't clog up the public with your free loading cunts.

Get a better job.
How come all bar staff, waiters, and retail workers are so self entitled?
People with aspirations get paid more, it's really that simple.
Don't get mad at us who don't tip because you can't even perform a basic task, like waiting on, to a good standard.
That's why you get paid peanuts.

Aren't we all?

>this is the way it's always been so it should never change!

You servant faggots are pathetic. You have the chance to make your own little uprising if you would stand up to your managers and write to corporate or get the news involved to change your situation but you're all content to beg for your money like pissants.

Protip: tipping is only "mandatory" in America, the rest of the world's servants don't demand restaurant goers to pay for their life for them.

you're a faggot, case dismissed

Capitalism at its finest

kek. get a realjob instead?

i get payed 10,16€ per hour for sitting at checkstand at local supermarket

No, this is the way it IS in America. So when you come to America you tip. I find foreigners to tip quite well so you must be a supreme asshole.
>Implying servers are against change.
just not change that gets them paid 42 cents an hour after taxes..hah you're probably a shitskin

So all of a sudden there are no waitors, and every food place is take out.
>we've got a genius over here folks.
>a genius at the supermarket can you believe it!!

not everyone is complaining. but every faggot whining about it should just quit

If you are expecting a tip it's not a tip you asshole.

Go to a non third world country where they properly pay you or shut the fuck up.

How much tip is usual? In germany you get hour wage and your tip. Partly over 10 percent...

A typical tip in the states is 15% of the total bill of the customer

>The restaurant is not in the business of hospitality, only food production
Sure nigger.
Servers never have training on that. In fact owners/corporations don't care at all about your dining experience.
>/s

kek

Thanks.
Btw when you come to germany dont believe the menus saying tip is included. The wage is kept down by the boss saying you get tipped

why they should have tipped you even one cent?

Sucks to be you, try not working a shit tier job if you don't want shit tier pay

Here is an obsevation
>be boss
>pay servants 10/hr plus 1% of the tip they earn rest of tip goes to me bitches

>The wage is kept down by the boss
too bad here it's 8,5€ / h minimum wage. He must pay that

>taking the bait

If you're from the US then you're lying. Federal minimum wage effects tipping wages also. Your employer may chose to pay you 4.55 a hour, but if you don't make the difference up in tips they legally have to pay you the remainder at the end of the pay period.

Every single job in the US pays it's employees the federal minim wage if they are US citizens. If they don't take it to one of the many law firms in the country. We are always happy to take these kinds of cases because it's an extremely easy notch on our belt.

>all the money I make is from tips

You know what minimum means though?

And when youre a temporary worker you get 8.50 nut being a full time worker you get your taxes off of that.

yeah, that he is obliged to pay that. mostly they pay more. If you stay under 450€ per month you don't even pay any taxes, till 900€ it's around 10-15€ per month

Just to piss you off even further I have paid his parking ticket because I'm a richfag and I'm also an asshole.

>be me
>work at applebees during college
>be a fucking boss at that waiter bullshit
>make good money on my tips
>regular customers ask to be seated in my section
>gets to the point my section is regularly full and only 2s and 3s in other sections
>all the other shitty servers complain that im getting all the good tips
>manager decides to institute a tip pool policy where tips go into a pool and get divied out hourly
>quit on the spot
>walking out and I tell the door boy Mikey, with down syndrome Im getting a job across the street at the local diner.

I was pulling $20-25 hourly after tips including my non-service time.

My mom was a truck stop waitress and there'sone thing I learned from her. If you want a good tip you NEVER let anyone's drink run dry. Not once.