/nba/ general

great general you got there, guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_S_(genre)
youtube.com/watch?v=PtsH3TlA--8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just let it die. Don't make anymore threads.

Just let this monstrosity disappear.

no let's get the 70m for the spurs

keep this thread alive

do it for timmy

he looks like he wants to eat that child

between recording the new MCR album and taking a sip from this gallon

do it for the future MVP

>jew posts too many shitty webm's
>mods delete entire thread
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kek fuck this shit

this is truly /nba/'s finest hour

thank you

you didn't do it for timmy

give me an anime rec german weeb bro

give me some pointers first

something fairly obscure but good. maybe an old anime since I need to brush up on my anime history some more.

Cowboy Bebop.
Gundam 08th MS Team.
Oh My Goddess OVA.
You're Under Arrest Season 1.
Please Teacher.
Gensomaden Saiyuki.
K-On! Season 1 (Fuck Season 2).
Ashita no Joe.
True Mazinger.
Full Metal Panic.

I'm old; so sue me.

>K-On!
>Fuck Season 2
are you out of your mind lad

thanks for the recs though

is dead in here

alright, i'll go and ignore the obvious highlights

not quite as popular (anymore), 10-15 years old shows that are p. good to excellent:
gankutsuou (2005); visually riveting, creatively daring adaption of the count of monte cristo
paranoia agent (2004); kon satoshi's only TV show, same amazing narrative brilliance as his movies
maria-sama ga miteru (2004): the mother of all class S shows -- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_S_(genre)
hataraki man (2006): josei show on a female magazine editor
zegapain (2006): mostly overlooked sci-fi show with an intriguing setting, big character focus, and a really riveting plot development
genshiken (2004): comfy as fuck otaku slice of life show

bit younger:
michiko to hatchin (2008); wildly imaginative south american roadtrip, direction by a shinichiro watanabe (cowboy bebop, samurai champloo) protegée and soundtrack selection by the man himself
mouryou no hako (2008): fierce early 1950s thriller with amazing art direction
bounen no xamdou (2008): lavish production funded by sony, elite bones and ghibli staff on an adventure story that got some flak but is still worth a look. absolutely lovely soundtrack.
aoi hana (2009): touching girls' love show with zero titillating pandering

actually, i don't even know if what was considered popular back then is still popular today. ever watched welcome to the NHK? i'm sure everybody watched it but if not, go and watch it right now. nothing hits closer to home.

>tfw no personal misaki

>gankutsuou
shit I actually started watching this the other day, I've seen like 5 episodes, it is really good
>paranoia agent (2004); kon satoshi's only TV show
I've heard about it but never knew it was Kon's work. Def have to see it now.
> genshiken
Seen clips of this before and it looks great, definitely my kind of show
>michiko to hatchin
this one is already downloaded on my weeb drive actually, looks fun
>zegapain
>bounen no xamdou
>mouryou no hako
literally never heard of these before, which is great for broadening my scope.

thanks german weeb bro this is great, screened your post for future use.

have fun mate, catching up on backlog shows over summer is up there with the comfiest experiences known to mankind

>tfw getting up at 5am and getting home at 8pm until the end of september

Last thread got autosaged or what?

Some shifty shit going on here

I'll add
Kazemakase Tsukikage-Ran: very comfy series about woman samurai, really enjoyable
Kachou Ouji : Sci-fi comedy with feels
Escaflowne: God-tier music by Yoko Kanno, nice designs, a bit shoujo but all in all good fantasy.

From movies, Taro the dragon boy, a 1979 film by the guy who made Grave of the Fireflies.

If you can handle longer series, you should absolutely watch Maison Ikkoku, the best romcom anime ever.

I presume you've seen Utena, Kino and Kenshin, I don't know how well their reputation survived the last 10 years

Had no idea you're a weaboo

/nba/ is peaking right now, we've reached levels no General has ever reached before, this is some next-level shit

Tim Duncan is top 3

So what happened to the other general?

I think it's got autosaged because I can't find any evidence on the archive that it was deleted

screened german weeb bro's post that the janitors are trying to deprive of us.

(Basketball related post)

It got archived

How do I deal with playing pickup ball outside or indoors without air conditioning in this heat? I'm in great shape but I swear I'm gonna get a heat stroke one of these days playing ball.

>Maison Ikkoku, the best romcom anime ever
excuse me, sir

i died for your sins
well, i died for my own sins but eh

good night gentlemen

Drink lots of water

The Israeli army for many years actually tried to train soldiers to drink a minimal amount of water, it resulted in many injuries and fatalities. Eventually they gave up and now you have to drink a lot

Season 1 had Yui at least bring the band together and the show had a point.

Season 2 is Teatime all day everyday and not a single band practice session or band-related storylines.

I thought I did drink a lot of water but I guess I need to drink more. What does it mean when I get light headed, blurry vision and it feels like I'm breathing through my ears while playing?

Sucks having asthma, I can only play to my full potential in a well air conditioned gym.

>Maison Ikkoku
>RomCom

It's a drama, user...

Ironically, it's also Takahashi's best work.

youtube.com/watch?v=PtsH3TlA--8

>The Israeli army

>Genshiken
It had the perfect ending. Like 6 FUCKING times. I wish they'd stop reviving it with new dramas. Close with one last shot of the club room and the door being closed, Madarame waving goodbye and issues are solved.

I don't need this more than once, ffs.

Breh the "point" or "storyline" of K-On! was never the band, it was just about their lives. season 2 did a wonderful job of capitalizing on the information season 1 gave us about the girls and really brought them to life. The show would have been pretty generic if it was linear story about their band's progression but instead K-On! is one of a kind.

I thought the US were the Israeli Army?

The show was generic in Season 2.

Mio never sang that song she wanted to write.
The teacher never actually promoted the band like she said she would in Season 1.
Yui didn't get better at it like she promised to do.
Azusa didn't grow into her own like I expected.
Ritsu. Just Ritsu.

Genshiken had a better run, and it had 6 endings. Fatigue doesn't even cut it.

?

>it was 3-1

Who?

>Fuck Season 2

Andrew, I won our argument in 2009. I will forever be thankful to you for being the 2nd best wingman of all time, but:

Season 2 of K-On! was horrible.

Those are all things that would be pretty typical, in real life people don't follow up on a lot of their commitments. It was precisely not generic by not doing those things. It felt real because they aren't perfect. What was enjoyable about K-On was always the character interactions, attention to detail, and just its ability to appeal to basic human sensibilities. If you can't handle a show without a clearly defined plot progression then I don't think it was ever the type of show for you.

>Andrew, I won our argument in 2009. I will forever be thankful to you for being the 2nd best wingman of all time, but:

I'm going to ignore whatever this is.

>Season 2 of K-On! was horrible.

I cannot disagree with pretty much all of your previous statements more. At the very least one of the scenes from the concert they attend episode and the final end of school episodes always tear me up. Other than that it's all the same comfy K-On type stuff. In my opinion Season 2 is just as good if not better than Season 1.

Oh Andrew you silly boy

Classic Andy

Can I have a team pls?

not sure how any of this is /nba/ related

>one of /nba/'s most frequent posters in German Spuds Weaboo
>We're talking about anime
not that hard senpai

kill yourself Harry, this is /nbanime/ now.

Yeah, lol, I'm sure you'd much rather be having a waffle draft or spamming imaginary broships.

Redpill me on Sakamichi no Apollon lads, I like the concept but it doesnt seem that interesting for me. Has any of you watched it?

Not watching Spain - Croatia lads?

>once the best general on Sup Forums
>first time in years our thread fell off the board
>people posting anime

darkest timeline

Andy, you hooked me up with 2 gals who were GOAT Tier. I'd never forget that, bud. Although, for you, it may just have been Wednesday afternoon, I will certainly always be thankful.

But nah, man, K-On! Season 2 was really off the rails in a bad way.

>all these proxy fags

Kobe Bryant is the greatest player ever

Duncan has a little edge on him, I reckon.

3 FMVPs vs. 2 FMVPs
2 MVPs vs. 1 MVP

You could argue that Kobe deserved the MVP in '06, but Duncan deserved it in his rookie season. Turning a franchise around like that? Wew.

איזה פרוקסי אחי?

Kobe was never the best player in the league tbqhwy
Kobe had a way bigger influence though and that's something to consider

>ywn see a kid making an ugly bank shot shouting TIMMY

He was objectively the best player from 2006-2008 and you could argue to 2009 or even 2010.

>all these deleted posts
Well fuck you janitors, you worthless work for free cucks. Stay out of /nba/ in the offseason if you know what's best for you. Kill yourselves. This is why we need a Sup Forumsexit. And Harry you go fuck yourself too.

Mostly playing devil's advocate year, he might've been the best player overall over that span
but
Dirk/LeGod/CP3/DWade

>year
here

2005-09 was his window. Should have taken more than one in that span. His competition was Steve Nash, Tracy McGrady, LeBron James and Kevin Garnett if we're talking peaks. Maybe Stoudemire.Duncan's, surprisingly, coincided with Shaq and his supposed peak and he swung him pretty good in that 1999-2003 span. After the mid-00s Duncan was mostly just consistent instead of "great".

Dirk's 2007 MVP makes me scratch my head. Didn't exactly stand out.

best rappers in the game?

heres my top 5

1) J. Cole
2) Kendrick
3) Drake
4) Hopsin
5) Childish Gambino

1. Frank Ocean

>Childish Gambino
HAHAHHAHAHA

Keep telling yourself that - doesn't make it true though.

Kendrick
Kanye
Chance
Joey Badass
Lupe Fiasco

1. KOOL AD
2. Meechy Darko
3. Pusha T
4. Lil Uzi Vert
5. Dame DOLLA

You're right, let's talk about broships

>tfw part of the Cavaliers-Warriors broship

>he isn't a part of the Nets-Kings broship
we comin for a title in 50 years senpai

Would the WNBA all star team be enough to take down a team of Dikembe, Chuck, Reggie Miller, Dell Curry and Steve Kerr?

>/nba/
>fags talking about anime

kys

>not the based raptors-twovles-grizz triumvirate
lol

Are you really one of those losers that doesn't watch anime because either they have no compass for good art or they generalize anime and thus have a closed minded viewpoint of it.

>tfw still trying to get a prestigious law clerk position

What did he mean by this?

Where is this pic from lad

lighties will never have the real primate power that comes with being a darkie

Black Thought
Eminem
Joey Badass
Mick Jenkins
Mos Def

I know Mos doesn't do much nowadays but still, pound for pound these are most talented guys

I don't listen to meme stuff like Kendrick and Chance

Ahhh, finally /nba/ discussing a real art and not shows made for children.

>tfw /nba/ will never appreciate post-modernism

>shows made for children
objectively wrong

>your team
>how well they'll do next year

pic related
60-22, 2nd seed in the West, lose WCF to the Memes

38 wins, just miss the playoffs in 9th

CP3 will cuck u again in the Semis

They won't miss the playoffs with a 2nd year completely unleashed Jokic. He's going be on a superstar level and with pretty good players around him they'll make the playoffs pretty easily.

Serbia vs Australia tomorrow will be lit

I'm keeping my expectations tempered. The reason Jokic didn't play more is because he wasn't fit enough, not because he wasn't good enough. But another year in the tank will do everyone good. And with Chandler back from injury they might just sneak in.