I dont listen to metal since I was 18. What's the best "it's actually good" metal band similar to Blind Guardian...

I dont listen to metal since I was 18. What's the best "it's actually good" metal band similar to Blind Guardian? It's ok if it's darker and a bit more experimental. But I want that "epic/wizardy/strange land" feel. Not too much, it doesn't have to be cartoony, ... like, dungeon synth but less scary it's ok.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LE6bgUNpDhk
youtube.com/watch?v=w7dJVVKxnUk
youtube.com/watch?v=abTzJMIgk2o
youtu.be/Nb6JiKL3d1s?t=6m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Turbo Wolf maybe?

You should try Power Metal and Progressive Metal

OP did not say he was a homosexual.

can't stand the voice and the babby first chords/arpeggio/progression

power metal is too.. idk.. pop?
I have never touched progressive metal, maybe just that avant-gard band of the 90s.. psychotic waltz

no ok it's not really avant gard, just progressive

I gotchu senpai.
youtube.com/watch?v=LE6bgUNpDhk
youtube.com/watch?v=w7dJVVKxnUk

>similar to blind guardian
Do you want massive cheesy faggotry, or serious shit? Blind Guardian doesn't really say a lot about you in that manner.

serious shit, cheesy faggottry is exactly what Im trying to avoid, but I would still like to have that epic/fantasy feeling

I don't know if its possible or anything. It can be dark.

Try Emperor's In The Night Side Eclipse

thank you for your suggestion, that's interesting, but still too "popish"/basic

listen to this right now

Symphonic black metal might be your thing
Not sure about this though, that's a really chaotic album. Try Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft, Obsidian Gate -The Nightspectral Voyage, and basically any Summoning record (ESPECIALLY Summoning).

this is actually interesting

This user is right tho', it's not really what I'm looking for. I'm still downloading it because damn I'm surprised in a good way

youtube.com/watch?v=abTzJMIgk2o

also yeah,
youtu.be/Nb6JiKL3d1s?t=6m8s

something along the lines of what's happening here

Check out Skelator, Visigoth, Eternal Champion, The Sword

(if you have 4chanx it does not appear.. mark 06.08)

>Summoning
this is interesting, may be what I'm looking for! what's their best record in your opinion?

I didn't really fancy the others.

I'm not a fan of these growls, it's not bad but not what I'm looking for (I'd say maybe too basic)

I honestly don't like Summoning, I just figured you would. They're really consistent though, you can't go wrong with any of them.

not that guy but I really like Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame.

I guess I'd like something more heavy, but they seem worth a shot